• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A 'blowout' victory for McCain in November?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Discuss:

Conventional wisdom holds that this is a good year to be a Democratic presidential candidate. And many polls say that at least at this moment in time, either Hillary Rodham Clinton or Barack Obama would get more votes nationally than Republican John McCain.

But The Politico writes this morning that "many top GOP strategists believe (McCain) can defeat Barack Obama -- and by a margin exceeding President Bush's Electoral College victory in 2004."

Politico's David Paul Kuhn reports that:

Some Republican strategists can envision a scenario in which Obama wins the popular vote but loses in the Electoral College -- he might galvanize Southern black turnout, for example, but still fail to switch a state in the region.

Among the 10 strategists interviewed by Politico for this story, there was near-uniform belief that had any other Republican been nominated, the party’s prospects in November would be nil. ...

The case they make for a comfortable McCain win is not beyond reason. Begin with the 2004 electoral map. Add Iowa and Colorado to Obama’s side, since both are considered states Obama could pick off. Then count McCain victories in New Hampshire and Michigan, two states where McCain is competitive. In this scenario, McCain wins the Electoral College 291-246, a larger margin than Bush four years ago.

If Obama managed only to win Iowa from Republicans and McCain managed only to win Pennsylvania, McCain would still win by a much greater margin than Bush — 300-237.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
McCain is too easy to smear, Obama isn't (because he hasn't really done or accomplished anything). I can't see any scenario where McCain wins.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I will say it, I prefer anyone over McCain. And I`d rather have Obama than Hillary.

So if I were American, I would vote Obama. Even though he has done nothing politically. At least he is fresh.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
any Democrat could win this election.

too many people will vote Democrat simply because George Bush is a Republican and has ruined this country.

people think that voting Democrat will turn things in a new direction.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

too many people will vote Democrat simply because George Bush is a Republican and has ruined this country.

I argued with a woman in Iowa (Hilary supporter) who despite everything I said about Ron Paul's stance on the war (voted against it, spoke out against it in the House, in the media, and so on) she refused to vote for a Republican, especially one from Texas.

RP was the only Republican, who if promoted right (aka, fairly), would beat a Democrat.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think McCain has a better chance than you think, he pulls a lot more moderates that other candidates. Also, more Dems turned out for the primaries because there was a show down between two neck and neck candidates whereas the Republican nomination was pretty set in stone after Super Tuesday. So not as many Republicans turned out, I think it will be another close race and I am sure there will be a large movement against Obama being president as well. I see McCain unfortunately having a better chance than you guys think.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think McCain has a better chance than you think, he pulls a lot more moderates that other candidates. Also, more Dems turned out for the primaries because there was a show down between two neck and neck candidates whereas the Republican nomination was pretty set in stone after Super Tuesday. So not as many Republicans turned out, I think it will be another close race and I am sure there will be a large movement against Obama being president as well. I see McCain unfortunately having a better chance than you guys think.

Yea i was actually shocked at how many people i have talked to without them knowing my position sad they were voting for mcain. :ughnoes:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea i was actually shocked at how many people i have talked to without them knowing my position sad they were voting for mcain. :ughnoes:

Exactly, I have several moderate friends who are voting for him and they are educated in politics, so I am thinking that he has a hell of a chance. Obama's supporters are the one's who sound clueless and retarded.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

exactly right. the democrats have no excuse to not win this election. it will be an absolute joke if they can't pull out a win considering the circumstances. a step in the right direction would be getting that dumb bitch to step down and allow the party to focus on the election and promoting obama more rather than this stupid ass race the dems are still holding for their nomination. a waste of time and effort.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly right. the democrats have no excuse to not win this election. it will be an absolute joke if they can't pull out a win considering the circumstances. a step in the right direction would be getting that dumb bitch to step down and allow the party to focus on the election and promoting obama more rather than this stupid ass race the dems are still holding for their nomination. a waste of time and effort.

Obama sucks nearly as much as McCain.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he will win hands down.. sadly.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isn't that a great option? Obama who nearly sucks as much as the other candidate McCain?

I agree. All the candidates are pretty lame. I don't think any of them will make the significant changes that are needed.

FYI, Obama will win, but I think many will be surprised by how many votes Mcain gets.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree. All the candidates are pretty lame. I don't think any of them will make the significant changes that are needed.

FYI, Obama will win, but I think many will be surprised by how many votes Mcain gets.

He may win the majority vote, but like the article says... McCain is looking like he will win the Electoral College vote from the way it looks so far. If every thing pans out and McCain wins the precincts that he is projected to win, he will win the vote that actually counts.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He may win the majority vote, but like the article says... McCain is looking like he will win the Electoral College vote from the way it looks so far. If every thing pans out and McCain wins the precincts that he is projected to win, he will win the vote that actually counts.

It's certainly possible. You know, I think Mcain is a moron, but at the very least, he's an honest moron.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can find such videos on any candidate during any election, they are people and since they don't even fully know their stances on certain issues they mess up. Their political agendas and stance's on major issues is memorized by their staff mostly. But yes, he definitely looks like a fool in those videos.
Ron Paul is the only one who didn't IMO. But may be I am biased :e5cdunno:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
McCain/Obama/Clinton...............same shit different asshole.

RAWNNNN PAWWLLLLL FTW!!!