• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

GABA - Did anyone tried it?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this sounds very promessing.

What did you think of it? Is it worth the money

Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise.

Powers ME, Yarrow JF, McCoy SC, Borst SE.
Division of Athletic Training, Shenendoah University, Winchester, VA 22601, USA. mpowers@su.edu

Oral administration of the amino acid/inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) reportedly elevates resting serum growth hormone (GH) concentrations. PURPOSE: To test the hypothesis that GABA ingestion stimulates immunoreactive GH (irGH) and immunofunctional GH (ifGH) release at rest and that GABA augments the resistance exercise-induced irGH/ifGH responses. METHODS: Eleven resistance-trained men (18-30 yr) participated in this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. During each experimental bout, participants ingested either 3 g of GABA or sucrose placebo (P), followed either by resting or resistance exercise sessions. Fasting venous blood samples were acquired immediately before and at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90 min after GABA or P ingestion and were assayed for irGH and ifGH. RESULTS: At rest, GABA ingestion elevated both irGH and ifGH compared with placebo. Specifically, peak concentrations of both hormones were elevated by about 400%, and the area under the curve (AUC) was elevated by about 375% (P < 0.05). Resistance exercise (EX-P) elevated time-point (15-60 min) irGH and ifGH concentrations compared with rest (P < 0.05). The combination of GABA and resistance exercise (EX-GABA) also elevated the peak, AUC, and the 15- to 60-min time-point irGH and ifGH responses compared with resting conditions (P < 0.05). Additionally, 200% greater irGH (P < 0.01) and 175% greater ifGH (P < 0.05) concentrations were observed in the EX-GABA than in the EX-P condition, 30 min after ingestion. GABA ingestion did not alter the irGH to ifGH ratio, and, under all conditions, ifGH represented approximately 50% of irGH. CONCLUSIONS: Our data indicate that ingested GABA elevates resting and postexercise irGH and ifGH concentrations. The extent to which irGH/ifGH secretion contributes to skeletal muscle hypertrophy is unknown, although augmenting the postexercise irGH/ifGH response may improve resistance training-induced muscular adaptations.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I doubt it! If all these supps helped and truly worked there would be more healthier people in this world. Diet, lifestyle and training are the only things I believe in. Well you have to also consider drug usage as well.

anaboliod

anaboliod

looks like a legit study, GH normaly only helps older people so if your over 35 GABA might help but i've never heard any personal experience or reviews??

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought JB used GABA. I'll ask him when hes online.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've used it
still am

gotta 750mg 200capsules of it
good for sleep, if you take more than 1g of it though
you might have problems waking up, aka sleep for too long
for me that is, i took 2,750mg caps
big mistake....

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah, everyone i know that tried it loves it as a sleep aid, it helps with restful sleep.

so like guys that get less than 8 hours but more than 5 would benefit from gaba the most bc it makes sleep more restful. im going off of user reviews from people i know. I myself have never tried it.

God Bless
Ben

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

I use Somnidren-GH it is a excellent product for sleep and it helps with recovery we do not carry it but I highly recommend this product. The 1st few night the gaba rush can be intense but it gets better. This should be run on a 2 on 1 off you do not want to take the gaba every night:xyxthumbs:

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

This is also a excellent sleep and recovery supp

PowerFULL