Thread: Boiled Eggs

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bambam55's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Boiled Eggs

I eat about 4-5 boiled eggs every morning, usually only one of those is a whole egg and the rest are just the egg whites. I have been boiling a big batch then peeling them and all and then putting them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

My question is what do you guys do to preserve your eggs? What is the easiest way to do this. Is it ok to just boil them put them back in the crate and then peel them whenever your ready to eat them? I thought about trying that

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

"Playing Linebacker is as close as you get to being a modern day Gladiator"- Bill Romanowski

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beau's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

if you were to eat them within like a 2-3 days i think it would be ok....i wouldnt eat a cooked egg after 3 days though. Maybe thats just me

Boiled Eggs

"Its better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat. bodybuilding reputation Big_Guns_Lance's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

yeh i wouldnt leave them for days. i find the easiest way is to boil them and when there done, run them under cold water to cool down a little, then start peeling them right away. i find that there easier to peel this way, rather than leaving them overnight.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Bulkboy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by big_guns_lance View Post
    yeh i wouldnt leave them for days. i find the easiest way is to boil them and when there done, run them under cold water to cool down a little, then start peeling them right away. i find that there easier to peel this way, rather than leaving them overnight.
    thats exactly what i do too, boil, put them in cold water, and peel immediately. great minds think alike

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation theweapon's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post
    thats exactly what i do too, boil, put them in cold water, and peel immediately. great minds think alike
    X2! lol dude peel them and put them away, dont save for more than a few days.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bambam55's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

yeah thats what I've been doing boiling them and then cold water and peel, I was just curious if there were any better ways of doing it or getting them to last longer. I guess I was already doing it the best way

"Playing Linebacker is as close as you get to being a modern day Gladiator"- Bill Romanowski

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

leaving it for a few days will make it pretty flatulent and bad when eaten

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation SerbMarko's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i eat about 12 boiled eggs a day.. why is there a need to preserve them? it takes 8 mins to boil them, drain the hot water, add ice chips and cold water to the eggs, only peel the ones you will eat at that time, fridge the rest or only boil what you eat in that day, if you eat them only once a day then boil them once a day.. easy solution lol

side note- if you really need to preserve them longer then a day, peel them and add salt then fridge.. ull be all set.

Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The_KM's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by bambam55 View Post
    I eat about 4-5 boiled eggs every morning, usually only one of those is a whole egg and the rest are just the egg whites. I have been boiling a big batch then peeling them and all and then putting them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

My question is what do you guys do to preserve your eggs? What is the easiest way to do this. Is it ok to just boil them put them back in the crate and then peel them whenever your ready to eat them? I thought about trying that
    That's fine.

[AUG|MOTM] The_KM

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Boiled Eggs

You can store hard boiled eggs in the shell for up to one week in the refrigerator- or you can store peeled hard-boiled eggs in a sealed container for a week as well in the refrigerator, but cover the peeled boiled eggs with some damp paper towels.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by bambam55 View Post

I love eggs and it's a regular fare to my diet . I eat it over easy for breakfast and sometimes hard boiled. Normally I would boil eggs to store for 30 minutes in water with a pinch of salt on medium to low heat. Then I let them cool and then I would take of the shell, slice it and put it into an airtight container with a pinch of salt and refrigerate it. Normally it lasts about 3 days.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Forgive me for asking a few silly questions. I know you have your own personal reasons, but I would only like to know. Why do you need to boil several eggs then store them if it only takes about 8-10 minutes to cook one? Wouldn't it be much safer to consume them minutes after they were boiled? Don't they lose its freshness over a long period of time?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If you are saving on the labor of boiling eggs that's why you boil many and store it in the fridge then I guess it is not worth it because the eggs may just be spoiled. If I were you, I will take time to keep the raw eggs in the fridge and boil the number of eggs that I will eat. Freshly boiled eggs can be considered fresh and healthier than the egg boiled yesterday.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, I know very well that it does not take long time to have any number of eggs boiled and ready for consumption once you are ready to eat them. With enough water in your pot or kettle which I prefer to use for boiling my own eggs, it would only take a few minutes at least a minimum of 3-5 minutes and the eggs will be done. So, in my opinion, there is no need to boil lots of eggs and be looking for a way to preserve them. It's a total waste of time.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Boiled eggs are awesome. They give a lot of protein, especially if you consume during morning on an empty stomach before training.

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I love to eat hard boiled eggs. I think its up to you to decide on how you are going to store them up. I suggest it would last long if you put it on the refrigerator. I remembered always having a viand of hard boiled eggs at school.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions