• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weekly Supplement Spot Light

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This New Thread will Spotlight a different supplement each week. There are really no boundaries with which supplements. It could be a specific Brand Name Product, or just a general supplement category. I will come up with a new idea each week for you to enjoy, however, if you have a certain supplement you want the Low Down on, PM me and let me know.

:xyxthumbs:

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Muscle Asylum Project: Freak Fix

Supplement Category: Whey Protein, BCAA, Anabolic Activator

Calories: 260
Fat: 9 g (No Sat Fat)
Protein: 34 g

This product is what the supplement industry used to call a meal replacement. Its been too long since a supplement company released a pure whey protein. It seems now that the product must include everything a BB'er could even need. However, it isn't really that bad of a concept. This product has a list about 30 ingredients long of BCAA, Vitamins, Fatty Acids, Anabolic Agents, and anti-oxidants. The one thing that is new with the Whey Matrix is the addition of Taurine to a product. Usually, Taurine has been reserved for energy boosters and fat loss products. About time someone added this staple to a pre-workout/Post workout whey supplement.

The good thing about Muscle Asylum Project and their product line is the ability that since they are so very new to the market, they can pretty much just look at the 1000 other products of the kind they are marketing and pick and choose the positive benefits from past products. This product, Freak Fix seems to be a hybrid of Syntha-6 from BSN and Muscle Milk from Cytosport. It has a high calorie count and includes essential fatty acids and MCT's that was trademarked by Muscle Milk, with the anabolic agents of Sytha-6. (remember when I say anabolic, I only mean supplements that help your body remain in an anabolic state, or muscle building/protein synthesizing state, protein within itself is an anabolic agent)

Muscle Asylum Project: Freak Fix seems to be a redux/hybrid of other total protein matrix's of the past, however, seems to take the positives of other products without the negatives (High fat content, low protein content). However, to pay for MAP's crazy marketing, their comes a hefty price tag. Packing only 14 servings a container, your looking to spend about 30 bucks so thats about 2 dollars a shake. Ouch. However, if you can pony up the dough. Why not?

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Novedex XT

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 60 Capsules
Amount Per Serving:
Novedex XT Proprietary Blend 60mg
6, 17-keto-etiocholeve-3-ol tetrahydropyranol
3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene
3’,5,7-trihydroxy-4’-methoxyflavone

You can usually gauge how positive a products results are by how fast other compaines reproduce said products. Novadex XT is a perfect example of this.

Novadex Xt hit the markets in late mind 2005. It wasn't quickly accepted by the BB community as it was an anti-estrogen. During its release, it was vied as a positive post cycle therapy for powerful pro-hormones such as MT-1 and Andro. However, now that those are off the market, many have turned to the powerful effects of the anti-estrogen products as their new hope for increasing their total free-test.

Novadex XT works on a chemical level by tricking the body into thinking that its testosterone levels are in fact lower then they are by regulating receptor sites. Hence, the increase in testosterone is minimal however, the decrease of estrogen is significant.

Many people have dismissed the positive effects of anti-estrogens as there is no immediate results in terms of gains. However, the best way to look at this is by looking at this product as a long range increase in gains that will be permanent in nature. Just like the debate between the use of high anabolic steroids like dianadrol and low anabolic steroids like deca-durabolin, the gains are intense and temporary versus moderate and permanent.

I highly highly recommend this product to all bodybuilders...especially those who are skeptical of the "hormone" market.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a friend of mine got headaches from novedex xt,once he stopped take in it they stopped to,any idea why it was happening?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like a nice review on the effectivness of the BSN line...seeing that they are right there with Mt and sells shitloads of supps!

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How about Purple Wrath..... I've considered buying it

Kanav

Kanav

a friend of mine got headaches from novedex xt,once he stopped take in it they stopped to,any idea why it was happening?

I have no idea about the headaches. But my personal experience with it, I've never been more emotional. Seriously. Mood swings from no where.

But other than that, its pretty good shit, had fun while i was on it :xmasbigok:

R

RIP

I've had mood swings while using Novx, but the good outweighs the bad. Its also reasonably priced.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can nolvedex just be taken as a supp on it's own or only as a PCT?

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can nolvedex just be taken as a supp on it's own or only as a PCT?

Most people take it as PCT, however, I have used it and know several people who have taken it alone and all report very good increases in workout strength and overall recovery/gains (all signs of increased free-test levels)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

Most people take it as PCT, however, I have used it and know several people who have taken it alone and all report very good increases in workout strength and overall recovery/gains (all signs of increased free-test levels)

wut the dose like if you take if you take it on its own(not PCT)?

R

raswank

Banned
Muscletech owns this company in case you did not know. In reference to Muscle Asylum Project.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

could be because of the "low" estrogens level