• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

test boosters for 50 year olds?

montanamuscle

montanamuscle

Hey guys. my dad is an old school gym rat and he was asking about some test boosters. he was once about 260 lbs but now is down to 210. thanks for the help:xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is he on any kind of medications, or HRT?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at that age he might be able to go to the doctor and get some blood work done and quite possibly go on testosterone replacement therapy.. thats his best bet..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol its not like you to mess up "A LOT"... are you drunk :techn9ne:

Na, just being overly cautious. I know my dad is on HRT (thyroid) so i'm always curious what kind of medications older men are on before giving advice.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Na, just being overly cautious. I know my dad is on HRT (thyroid) so i'm always curious what kind of medications older men are on before giving advice.

this is something i did not know, so even if a person is on a thyroid medication "being a hormone" it would still be classified as HRT? that actually makes sense but i figured anyone on HRT would more then likely involve testosterone.. didn't mean to sound rude in my first post..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is something i did not know, so even if a person is on a thyroid medication "being a hormone" it would still be classified as HRT? that actually makes sense but i figured anyone on HRT would more then likely involve testosterone.. didn't mean to sound rude in my first post..

It's cool. Yes, HRT usually applies towards sex hormones, especially in older adults, both male and females, but thyroid would fit that classification also.

Getting back to the original topic, has your dad been tested? Getting androgen levels can be a bit tricky because it's not as straight forward as something like thyroid levels, because GnRH (released from the hypothalamus in the brain, which sets off a cascade of events that stimulate testosterone release) isn't a perfect indicator of testosterone levels. A male could have normal levels of GnRH, but very low testosterone.

A lot of this is probably due to affinity of testosterone for SHGB (sex hormone binding gloubin). Since testosterone is non polar, it needs a carrier in order to get around the blood stream. However, if too much testosterone is bound to SHBG, not enough of it will release and be metabolized. SHBG increases with age, which is problematic.

This kind of thing should be done under doctor supervision, one problem could be that too much of the testosterone could be turned into another hormone, Dihydroxytestosterone (DHT), by the enzyme called 5-alpha reductase (5-AR). This can cause nasty side effects such as baldness, and increased prostate hypertrophy.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry for butting in
but when i saw "thyroid" in here and
don't take with test etc
i got worried
im going to stack havoc with phera-vol, and take ephedrine tabs as well.. 25mgs a day if this is bad someone PM me plz.
sorry for hijacking.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry for butting in
don't take with test etc
i got worried
im going to stack havoc with phera-vol, and take ephedrine tabs as well.. 25mgs a day if this is bad someone PM me plz.
sorry for hijacking.

You're fine hypo.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's cool. Yes, HRT usually applies towards sex hormones, especially in older adults, both male and females, but thyroid would fit that classification also.

Getting back to the original topic, has your dad been tested? Getting androgen levels can be a bit tricky because it's not as straight forward as something like thyroid levels, because GnRH (released from the hypothalamus in the brain, which sets off a cascade of events that stimulate testosterone release) isn't a perfect indicator of testosterone levels. A male could have normal levels of GnRH, but very low testosterone.

A lot of this is probably due to affinity of testosterone for SHGB (sex hormone binding gloubin). Since testosterone is non polar, it needs a carrier in order to get around the blood stream. However, if too much testosterone is bound to SHBG, not enough of it will release and be metabolized. SHBG increases with age, which is problematic.

This kind of thing should be done under doctor supervision, one problem could be that too much of the testosterone could be turned into another hormone, Dihydroxytestosterone (DHT), by the enzyme called 5-alpha reductase (5-AR). This can cause nasty side effects such as baldness, and increased prostate hypertrophy.

^^ did you just pull all this information out of your mind right now or did you get it from a study (website)? just curious, either way its good info but if you just pulled that out of your memory bank thats pretty wacked.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS, is a memory bank.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry for butting in
don't take with test etc
i got worried
sorry for hijacking.

your tripping out brother LOL..

the only thing i would worry about it..

YOU + EPHEDRINE = AMERICAS NEXT SUPER SOLDIER :ughnoes:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
getting blood work done and hopefully garnering a prescription for test replacement from a doc would be your best bet for your dad man. i try to hint to my dad here and there that it would do wonders for him, but he hates needles and doesn't like the idea of injecting himself with anything. if your dad wants it and if his levels fall in the right category, coupled with a cool doctor, he'll likely get a prescription for some premium testosterone.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ did you just pull all this information out of your mind right now or did you get it from a study (website)? just curious, either way its good info but if you just pulled that out of your memory bank thats pretty wacked.

It was memory, I like hormones. That's kinda basic though, testosterone gets aromatized to estrogen (hense, why BBers use aromatase inhibitors), or 5-alpha reduced into DHT. They are basically why steroid users can go bald, and get female side effects. Too high testosterone goes to those other things.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
getting blood work done and hopefully garnering a prescription for test replacement from a doc would be your best bet for your dad man. i try to hint to my dad here and there that it would do wonders for him, but he hates needles and doesn't like the idea of injecting himself with anything. if your dad wants it and if his levels fall in the right category, coupled with a cool doctor, he'll likely get a prescription for some premium testosterone.

if your dad hates needles, 25mg's of proviron taken daily would do the trick.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was memory, I like hormones. That's kinda basic though, testosterone gets aromatized to estrogen (hense, why BBers use aromatase inhibitors), or 5-alpha reduced into DHT. They are basically why steroid users can go bald, and get female side effects. Too high testosterone goes to those other things.

lol, me too! if i had to chose a medical field of study, it would be endocrinology, easy. i've spent countless nights reading every piece of material i could find, bookstore and internet, just learning about these marvelous compounds and how they react in the human body. it's a shame they have such a bad rap, too many people using them with no idea how to do it properly.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

props to you for being able to recite that information and still use the proper chemical names.. thats very difficult to do.. on a side note.. do you remember when we had that discussion on HGH and how you gave me that article stating that its basically only good for fat loss and what not? well recently you quotes RazorRipped from MD and his views on it, he is totally for GH, he has actually been on it for about 10 yrs or so and claims with the right protocol gaining muscle is definitely something that can be done with GH.. have you changed your mind about growth hormone?

to the others- sorry for going off topic in this thread, but this might be useful information either way..

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
alot of good info on this thread, ive learned a few things! thanks alot guys