• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Johnnie Jackson at the 2008 USPF National Powerlifting Championships

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Johnnie Jackson competed in the 2008 United States Powerlifting Federation (USPF) National Powerlifting Championships in Warwick, Rhode Island on June 29, 2009. Johnnie entered the meet with goals of 900 lbs in the deadlift and 600 lbs in the bench press.

During the early morning weigh-in, there was a minor crisis as the Inzer-designed bench press shirt did not meet USPF regulations due to an open back. Johnnie was able to find an alternate shirt for the meet and the crisis was averted.

Johnnie opened the bench press competition with a first attempt of 468 lbs unaided by a bench shirt. His next two lifts were disqualified although he was clearly able to handle the heavy weight, including a 600 lb third attempt that was not allowed due to a slight dip in his right elbow toward the end of the lockout during which he strained his arm at the elbow.

Johnnie set a USPF World Record on his first attempt at deadlift with a pull of 345 kgs (760 lbs). His second deadlift attempt for 372.5 kg (821 lbs) was not allowed because he did not push his hips forward at the top of the lift. His third and final attempt at 345 kgs was abandoned in mid-lift by Johnnie after he pulled his left hamstring. The injuries were initially a major concern for Johnnie since he is scheduled to compete in the 2008 IFBB Europa Pro show in seven weeks; but after further assessment, the injuries were relatively minor. Johnnie will still compete at the Europa.

View attachment 9193 View attachment 9194

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 176
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OUCH
pulled his left ham?

KCharger9

KCharger9

Dissapointed

S

safinator

Johnnie is one of the best bodybuilders ever.

S

safinator

And one of the strongest as well!!

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn sux he didnt hit his numbers but glad to hear that he will still be able to compete..... Thanks for the update repost or not bro.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was hoping some massive weights... meh...

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great post zoknat thank you.

His deads are simply amazing. I hope he recovers fast from those injuries.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His traps are fucking unbelievable in that back pic. Looks like two enormous snakes crawling up alongside his neck.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well at least he is fine and didnt break a nail !_!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
His traps are fucking unbelievable in that back pic. Looks like two enormous snakes crawling up alongside his neck.

Yeh his traps are just enormous :ughnoes:

Thanks for the pics Zoknat