• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Don't go swimming anywhere in Australia

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Great white shark roaming free in lake

July 09, 2008 04:21pm
Article from: AAP

A LARGE great white shark has been sighted in a lake on the New South Wales Central Coast, prompting warnings for people to take caution in surrounding waterways.

A commercial fisherman snagged the beast this morning while casting nets off Canton Beach, on the north side of Tuggerah Lake, which opens into the Pacific Ocean at The Entrance.

A police statement said the man was forced to release his nets when the full-grown white shark, estimated to be up to seven metres long, became entangled in them.

NSW Police are working with Wyong Council, Surf Life Saving Australia, coastal patrols and the NSW Fisheries Department to monitor the area.

Police said people should take caution when using the interconnected waterways of Tuggerah Lake, Budgewoi Lake, Lake Munmorah and the Entrance Channel.

No one was injured during today's incident.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23993727-5015631,00.html

There's probably sharks in the swimming pools too.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy shit, I went fishing right near that at Wangi less then a week ago. In a boat that wasn't even half the size of that shark :ughnoes:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Seven metres long!

Holy mother :ughnoes:

Walking Eclipse

Walking Eclipse

sure it wasnt a bull shark because the two do get mistaken for each other. plus if it was in a lake its more likely to be a bull shark because they can live in fresh water and are most common for lake attacks but if it was a great white that is scary and means adaptation has taken place

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
scubashark-1.jpg

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man this is one of the reasons why i don't go to the beach. Im really skeptic about what lurks beneath me all the time when im in the sea and sometimes i get caught by the current and get dragged heaps far out from the shoreline, i get really worried as i paddle as fast as i can to get back. Once when i was young lets say 11 i almost drowned from it.

I hate the sea.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its not even the sea, its in a lake!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In a fucking lake ? How the hell did he get there ? Travel misslocations ?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in africa, zambezi river has bull sharks and they are known to kill people throughout the river there. just because its fresh water dont mean its safe :ughnoes:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duh dum.....duh dum duh dum......

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
sure it wasnt a bull shark because the two do get mistaken for each other. plus if it was in a lake its more likely to be a bull shark because they can live in fresh water and are most common for lake attacks but if it was a great white that is scary and means adaptation has taken place

Its a salt water lake... Adaption? im thinking it just swam in there by accident.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
A commercial fisherman snagged the beast this morning while casting nets off Canton Beach, on the north side of Tuggerah Lake, which opens into the Pacific Ocean at The Entrance.

I'd say it swam in there by accident. Great Whites are by nature deep water sharks which generally spend most of their time off the continental shelf.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bull Sharks don't grow any bigger then 3.5m dude, and I'd say they only get mistaken from the surface, if your in the water with one you'd be able to tell the difference if u hadn't already shat your pants by that point.