Global Warming - Page 5
Your first visit?
Register

Poll: Do you believe in Global Warming?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Global Warming

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Originally posted by Tim290280
    So you are advocating population control on only certain segments of the society :dunnodude: Eugenics was outlawed for a reason and ethnic cleansing is frowned upon these days.
    and you say i have a problem reading others posts.

where the hell do you even get this? did i not say that race isn't a factor? and i was only using mexicans as an example....hmm i think i did. read the post.

the fact of the matter is that it is the poorer sect of society that often times has the most children when they are not able to support them. that was the point of that post.

You will have a hard time convincing anyone that they should have to curb their reproduction when you are unwilling as well. Just because you only want 2 kids doesn't justify your argument.

do you guys intentionally misinterpret me or do you just do it to get a rise out of me? Jesus it's like i'm talking to a wall.

i would like to have more children as long as i am financially able to support them, but i will not. replacing you and your spouse IS population control. if people do that, the population stops expanding....this isn't hard.

the only real way to provide incentive to people to stop reproducing at such a rapid rate is to hit them where everyone feels it, their pocketbooks.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Rageking View Post
    i want 5 kids :carduindisguise

so the family that has 2 kids and is just getting by to support them, suddenly the wife gets pregnant and they have a third unplanned child. now they are trying to support three kids when they could barely support two, and on top of that have to pay more taxes to the government :dunnodude:

it's called birthcontrol. if you don't hold people accountable for their mistakes they'll keep making them. my advice to this family would be don't have ANY children until you can provide for them like good parents should.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

By controlling the population you take a big right for the people. Their right to reproduce but since we dont have natural selection these days we should pay attention to the amount of people we have on the world. There's going to be a point were we have too many. So we should watch it closely though I think its gonna be very hard to let te people understand they cant have more kids than 2. They already like to control all other aspects of our life

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    By controlling the population you take a big right for the people. Their right to reproduce but since we dont have natural selection these days we should pay attention to the amount of people we have on the world. There's going to be a point were we have too many. So we should watch it closely though I think its gonna be very hard to let te people understand they cant have more kids than 2. They already like to control all other aspects of our life

good post. the fact we don't have natural selection nor do we have to fight for survival means we must implement our own form of population control.

and your not taking away their right to reproduce, your just asking them to do it sensibly. sometimes you must provide incentive for people to be sensible, that's what the tax is for.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    and you say i have a problem reading others posts.

where the hell do you even get this? did i not say that race isn't a factor? and i was only using mexicans as an example....hmm i think i did. read the post.

the fact of the matter is that it is the poorer sect of society that often times has the most children when they are not able to support them. that was the point of that post.

do you guys intentionally misinterpret me or do you just do it to get a rise out of me? Jesus it's like i'm talking to a wall.

i would like to have more children as long as i am financially able to support them, but i will not. replacing you and your spouse IS population control. if people do that, the population stops expanding....this isn't hard.

the only real way to provide incentive to people to stop reproducing at such a rapid rate is to hit them where everyone feels it, their pocketbooks.
    I was being intentionally obtuse as you seem to not see the great flaw in your point. Poor people who can least afford kids still have lots of them. This has been the case for centuries. As standard of living rises and as education level rises you tend to get a decrease in birth rate. But the huddled masses that spawn their little tikes have had many years to achieve the same levels of affluence and understanding of the world and still fall short.

As a result you are asking for some sort of control over breeding for certain sections of the population. You say financial control, I hear eugenics.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    I was being intentionally obtuse as you seem to not see the great flaw in your point. Poor people who can least afford kids still have lots of them. This has been the case for centuries. As standard of living rises and as education level rises you tend to get a decrease in birth rate. But the huddled masses that spawn their little tikes have had many years to achieve the same levels of affluence and understanding of the world and still fall short.

As a result you are asking for some sort of control over breeding for certain sections of the population. You say financial control, I hear eugenics.

ahh....now i'm liking what you're saying. so your response to my tax on families having more than 2 kids is that it will do nothing since poor people already have kids irregardless of financial situation and this will only make it worse. hmm, that is a good point. but what else are we to do? you can't outright make a law against having more than 2 children, only give incentive to do so. even though this tax will hurt those too stupid to realize they have no right to bring children into this world let alone multiple ones, it will still nonetheless make some strides into limiting the amount of newborns. that is more or less the bottom line....no?

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ you want less people in the world we need a decent war......... Either that or Opera proposes it on TV.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ you want less people in the world we need a decent war......... Either that or Opera proposes it on TV.
    haha lol

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

it was close....but i'll go with opera

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    um is having extra money a problem? i have an idea, how about we use it to towards our massive federal debt! sounds like a plan!!

and why would this plan call for more taxes if someone has 2 children or less? i have clearly and many a time stated that 2 children is the limit, to replace you and your spouse. you act as if this plan would spin out of control and tax anyone who has children excessively, it wouldn't , it's a fairly basic and simple concept.
    Are issues like this EVER that simple with the way governments work? This is the major thing you're missing. You're thinking too much in terms of idealism, you need to realize that the nature of governments doesn't work like that. The intent of such a program might only be to tax people once they have 3 kids, but once we start introducing that, chances are it would transcend into something else, easily.

Do governments ever spend all the money for what it is supposed to be used for?

there's no way you can think an excessively populated earth is a good thing. anyone who does is quite frankly....wrong. your acting as if this is subjective, it's not.
    No, not at all. I'm just simply stating that it is a violation of personal liberty to tell someone they can't reproduce when they want to, and it's unfair to hit them up with massive taxes just for doing such.

wanna know why? because IT MISSES THE POINT of what true population control is all about. it must be acted on a grand scale. you pretend that the person who will not get a vasectomy is a hypocrite....he's not, not as long as he does his part to make sure the population doesn't increase. and having ONE child to replace yourself insures this.
    Then you're not contributing to the solution, are you? If you want the population to go down so badly, don't have any kids. Imagine, if everyone who felt this way didn't have kids, then we would not be discussing this issue at all.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation lifterdead's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Isn't it Oprah, not opera?

[FONT="Impact"] slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.[/FONT]

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by lifterdead View Post
    no not o-p-r-a-h, its c-u-n-t

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Originally posted by Ironslave
    Are issues like this EVER that simple with the way governments work? This is the major thing you're missing. You're thinking too much in terms of idealism, you need to realize that the nature of governments doesn't work like that. The intent of such a program might only be to tax people once they have 3 kids, but once we start introducing that, chances are it would transcend into something else, easily.

Do governments ever spend all the money for what it is supposed to be used for?

i understand what you're saying here but just because our governement is inept at handling money and doing what it's supposed to doesn't mean that this plan, at it's core, doesn't have some potential. of course its idealistic, it's hopes of working are that people fear/don't want extra taxes enought to deter them from having excess children and government would NOT then increase taxes or deviate from the original plan, which is ONLY to tax those who have more than 3 children with taxes raising after each child after 2. i can't account for our governments corruption/ineptitude here that is unfair to ask.

No, not at all. I'm just simply stating that it is a violation of personal liberty to tell someone they can't reproduce when they want to, and it's unfair to hit them up with massive taxes just for doing such.
    and it is here that i say you are being overly idealistic. whenever ANYTHING is a violation (in the least bit) of personal liberty, you shoot it down. that is not realistic. you can't allow people to more or less do as they please because they all have a right to as much liberty as they want as you seem to think they do. you HAVE to have regualtion and limits on people that allow them to enjoy their liberties, but in moderation. i am not taking away their right to reproduce, not in the least bit.

Then you're not contributing to the solution, are you? If you want the population to go down so badly, don't have any kids. Imagine, if everyone who felt this way didn't have kids, then we would not be discussing this issue at all.
    i don't think you really mean this, i think you are still trying to prove what to me is a rather poor example and not a solution in the least bit. i'm advocating a nationwide plan that has potential to help, your just trying to make me believe that if i have any children i'm part of the problem, and that is just not true as long as that number stays at or below 2, still allowing everyone their personal right to reproduce. i really wish you'd understand me on this because i know you know what i am saying.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I do understand what you're saying, I'm just giving you an example (get a vasectomy) meaning that you might not be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by lifterdead View Post
    Like I'd know:wutyousay:
    Last time I watched any daytime TV it was the day after I did my knee. Got a weeks worth of DVD's after 20mins of that shit.

Reading back through the thread it is interesting that Duality has hijacked this thread with his population control debate rather than the global warming issue, is it not? Illustrative of how climate change isn't as tangiable a concept so people want to take easy side issues rather than discuss and learn about the real issues.:linedrunk:

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Like I'd know:wutyousay:
    Last time I watched any daytime TV it was the day after I did my knee. Got a weeks worth of DVD's after 20mins of that shit.

Reading back through the thread it is interesting that Duality has hijacked this thread with his population control debate rather than the global warming issue, is it not? Illustrative of how climate change isn't as tangiable a concept so people want to take easy side issues rather than discuss and learn about the real issues.:linedrunk:

lol true but that was unintentional. i used it as an example (overpopulation) and then people just started talking about it :wutyousay:

and it's not that i don't think climate control is a potentially serious issue, but i think population control is comparable in terms of the level of attention it will one day require. and i must admit i'm not very well read on the whole global warming debate, thus why i have not chimed in on the issue.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
    I do understand what you're saying, I'm just giving you an example (get a vasectomy) meaning that you might not be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution.

i understand the logic behind it but i find it a very elementary response to the little plan i've derived to possibly help curb the problem and what i've been saying. getting vasectomies will not fix anything.

Member bodybuilding reputation WaveRider's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You do realise that this argument happened before the green revolution as well. Man always finds away around the problem.

......... BTW when is this topic going back to Global warming

:imcoolurnot:Lift weights, Catch waves and Chase skirt:coolguy:

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

collapse Posting Permissions