Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bambam55's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I havent read anything that has stated that creatine serum is as good as regular creatine mono, for that reason alone I've just staid away from it. The other reason is that creatine mono is much cheaper. That is one of those products that I question whether or not its legit. Kind of like those jello protein shooters. I've seen a few articles that have argued that the serum isn't digested as well. The cheapest and best bet is just regular creatine mono with some juice or gatorade. Hell do that and your making cell tech yourself lol.

"Playing Linebacker is as close as you get to being a modern day Gladiator"- Bill Romanowski

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Workingatit46's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Creatine mono has been tested for years and has alot of science behind it to support it being effective

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Workingatit46 View Post
    Creatine mono has been tested for years and has alot of science behind it to support it being effective
    Yes unlike the creatine serum which has been shown to be battling to have any creatine in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Recently it's found that creatine aggravates asthma, but other than that, it's perfectly safe.
    Asthma? Reference?:coolguy:

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Creatine supplementation exacerbates allergic lung inflammation and airway remodeling in mice.Vieira RP, Duarte AC, Claudino RC, Perini A, Santos AB, Moriya HT, Arantes-Costa FM, Martins MA, Carvalho CR, Dolhnikoff M.
    Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.

Creatine supplement is the most popular nutritional supplement, and has various metabolic functions and sports medicine applications. Creatine supplementation increases muscle mass and can decrease muscular inflammation. Some studies have also suggested a beneficial role of creatine supplementation on chronic pulmonary diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis. Among athletes, the prevalence of asthma is high, and many of these individuals may be taking creatine. However, the effects of creatine supplementation on chronic pulmonary diseases of allergic origin have not been investigated. In the present study, we analyzed the effects of creatine supplementation on a model of chronic allergic lung inflammation. Thirty-one Balb/c mice were divided into four groups: control, creatine (Cr), ovalbumin (OVA), and OVA+Cr. OVA and OVA+Cr groups were sensitized with intraperitoneal injections of OVA on Days 0, 14, 28, and 42. OVA challenge (OVA 1%) and Cr treatment (0.5 g/kg/d) were initiated on Day 21 and lasted until Day 53. We determined the index of hyperresponsiveness, the serum levels of OVA-specific immunoglobulin (Ig)E and IgG(1), and the total and differential cell counts in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. We also quantified airway inflammation, and the airway density of IL-4+, IL-5+, IL-2+, IFN-gamma+, and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1+ cells, collagen and elastic fibers, and airway smooth muscle thickness. Our results showed that creatine in OVA-sensitized mice increased hyperresponsiveness; eosinophilic inflammation; airway density of IL-4+, IL-5+, and IGF-1 inflammatory cells; airway collagen and elastin content; and smooth muscle thickness. The results show that creatine supplementation exacerbates the lung allergic response to OVA through a T helper cell type 2 pathway and increased IGF-1 expression.

PMID: 17641295 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat. bodybuilding reputation Big_Guns_Lance's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by bambam55 View Post
    I havent read anything that has stated that creatine serum is as good as regular creatine mono, for that reason alone I've just staid away from it. The other reason is that creatine mono is much cheaper. That is one of those products that I question whether or not its legit. Kind of like those jello protein shooters. I've seen a few articles that have argued that the serum isn't digested as well. The cheapest and best bet is just regular creatine mono with some juice or gatorade. Hell do that and your making cell tech yourself lol.
    Thanks bambam

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

What's this thing you guys are talking about? Sorry but i really wanna know..

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

collapse Posting Permissions