• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Horror movie about steroids

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=6857

Josh Mitchell of Wickid Pissa Films gave Fango the word on his new indie production ROID RAGE. Written and directed by Mitchell, RAGE follows a steroid dealer who, after receiving a designer drug from the UK, uses it to morph bodybuilders into superhuman killing machines. “ROID RAGE is not your classic slasher or gore-driven horror film—it’s more of an action/horror piece,” co-director and DP (and loyal Fango fan) Patrick Ryan tells us. “It doesn’t try to be too suspenseful or too hokey-horror.”

ROID RAGE also stands as the first genre flick to focus on steroid abuse. “With the current hoopla about Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds and the WWE Chris Benoit murder, this is a topical and fierce movie that has the potential to generate the lucrative box office that SAW and BLAIR WITCH scared up,” Mitchell says. Ryan adds, “One of the things that makes the film different is the antagonists—all the bodybuilders who end up infected by the rage were regular people before the drug took its effect. So you come to like them and invest in them before they all become insane killers.”

The resulting carnage doesn’t skimp on the blood, the filmmakers promise. “The action scenes and thrashing characters cut and illuminate like hatchet blades, inviting the innocent spectator into a world of truculent, flawed characters who live and die in a place that looks like Oz after dark,” Mitchell explains. Due to the limited crew (mainly just Mitchell and Ryan), the gore was supplied by the directors themselves. “All of the effects and makeup were done on the spot, and many times I was operating the camera while I also sprayed blood on the actors,” Ryan reveals. “I built an inventive blood-spray rig out of a pesticide sprayer. I’m kind of a one-man army. I build all of my own support equipment and effects rigs in the vein of Sam Raimi.”

Despite having shot ROID RAGE in only one week (!), Mitchell and Ryan believe horror fans will be pleased with the final product. “It was made for the price of a protein bar, and it packs the punch of a major Hollywood thriller,” Ryan says. “FANGORIA readers will appreciate the film for its classic style of blunt-force violence and action-packed chaos.” For more info on ROID RAGE, check out the official Myspace page here. —Jessica Leibe

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great this is all we need. None the less ill prolly want to see it.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^Yeh this is all we need to propel peoples opinions to dismiss our sport. I will want to see it as well, just to see how they potray steroid users.

Thanks for the info philo

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This will do the sport good :uhoh2:

HammerZC

HammerZC

LOL I don't understand why people waste money making movies like that.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
God damn it... Well, it wont be any worse than the million movies that come out every year portraying blondies as stupid or blacks as complete drug users, or whites as evil... etc...