Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: injectable tan?

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

injectable tan?

someguys at my gym have been coming in real brown , and apparently its some kind of injectable hormone that changes skin pigment colour for a few weeks aany body know any information on this?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation SerbMarko's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Melonotan II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanotan

works wonders.

Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.

Member bodybuilding reputation Zomb131's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

MTII love the stuff. Works very well. If you need help with the cycle...lmk, i'll post up mine.

If the Army and the Navy Ever gaze on Heaven's scenes,

They will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

theres only so much wikipedia tells you , id just like to know things like dosages, because its a hormone if youd need a pct and if youd take anything else with it. its not something im lookin to use soon because ive just been on hol but in the future hopefully, zomb whats your cycle like

I could use that shit cause i got freckely red skin even though im not irish :dunnodude: FOr some reason I cant get a tan worth a shit.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A bunch of people used it at my gym.. I don't think it looked good. They started getting these blotches all over that looked like moles. And this was not just one occurrence, this was a few people. All I can say is after the results I saw, I will stick to doing the old fashion way myself

[April|MOTM] Braaq
    sigpic72117 1

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

2-3 coats of jan tana FTW

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation patdiddy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Wow thats crazy ive never heard of sumthing like this before.... Hell you learn sumthing new each day i guess.

sigpic67356 1

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Maxmonzter's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

spray tan FTW

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sun ftw

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ skin cancer FTW

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    ^^ skin cancer FTW
    huh? Sure, if you burn yourself to a crisp all the time, skin cancer is a risk. But for one seeking a tan, the sun is the most obvious candidate to provide this, or at least, it should be.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

lol you have more chance of getting skin cancer if your burn to a crisp but even if you dont and you have alot of uv exposure you stand a very high chance of catching it.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by lorri_01 View Post
    lol you have more chance of getting skin cancer if your burn to a crisp but even if you dont and you have alot of uv exposure you stand a very high chance of catching it.

I don't know why I bother. pat 1

Yes, being in the sun carries a skin cancer risk. But, what would you guys suggest for someone who wants a tan? Injecting something they get from who knows who?

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i was merely asking information on the injectable tan not different tanning methods as ive just been on holiday and got a tan and im wanting a less risky way to get a descent shade.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
    huh? Sure, if you burn yourself to a crisp all the time, skin cancer is a risk. But for one seeking a tan, the sun is the most obvious candidate to provide this, or at least, it should be.
    Yeh I was being a bit melodramatic but a grain of truth to it. This varies by country and skin type but frequent long periods (I think this is meant to be classified as >15mins) in the sun can lead to skin cancer. Frequent short bouts aren't really an issue and are meant to be good to you.

Getting burnt in the sun isn't a direct cause of skin cancer but rather sun exposure (i.e. dosage of UV a&b rays). So your risk of skin cancer can actually be linked to tanning. People with good melatonin levels are at a lower risk but can still get skin cancers. We had a recent case of skin cancer in Australia from tanning beds that the cancer council was warning about (a pity it was a slightly erronous case they used). Australia has one of the highest skin cancer rates in the world (I believe California is the next highest) and we get all this shoved down our throats every summer.

Having personally had a few early spots removed (from my shiny white skin) I can quite safely say that you want to minimise your skin cancer risk as much as possible. But I'm not a fan of injectibles and wipe or spray on tans are safe and effective.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation SerbMarko's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Suggested Cycles/Uses
    If you look hard enough out there, you will find some weird and wonderful dosaging schedules whereby the user calculates their daily dosage by multiplying their bodyweight by a cofactor. Perhaps this approach has been adopted since this has been the method employed in the ongoing clinical studies. Typically, this type of formula would suggest a dose of 1mg of MT-II per day for someone weighing in at a mere 110lb (50kg). The cynical among us might be forgiven for thinking that these formulae are constructed by those with a personal interest in the sale of the product as I believe this to be more than necessary to achieve a great result. Indeed, there are many instances whereby users feel they have become too dark. While I have no problem with a bodyweight dosage scale in principle, I can't help thinking that it's not only unnecessary (particularly for the mathematically challenged), but also avoids the ability to gradually increase dosages from a relatively low level; something which I would advocate to assess individual tolerance levels to side effects, especially in the case of MT-II.

Clinical trials to determine efficacy of the drugs have typically used dosages up to 0.21mg/kg daily for Melanotan (16mg for a 75kg (165lb) individual), and up to 0.03mg/kg daily for Melanotan II (2.25mg for a 75kg (165lb) individual). More typically however, trials have used the dosages of 0.16mg/kg (12mg) and 0.025mg/kg (1.875mg) respectively. At this level of dosage, one such study involving Melanotan indicated the following incidences of side effects from subjects:

* Nausea 85%
    * Facial Flushing 75%
    * Fatigue 44%
    * Vomiting 26%
    * Injection site reactions 13%
    * Zero incidence of erections
    * No change in vital signs or haematological parameters, blood biochemistry (liver and renal function)

As is the case with any drug use, the user is ideally looking to minimise unwanted side effects, whilst still achieving an acceptable outcome. With this in mind, I would suggest that a tapering up of dosages is used in order to assess the individual's personal tolerance to the side effects.

Both MT and MT II can be used for extended periods, whereby there is an initial daily administration of perhaps 2-3 weeks or until desired level of pigmentation has been achieved, followed by a maintenance phase of two injections per week.
    source - http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-melanotan.aspx

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation mr.freeze's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

a nice tan with a hard on!lol

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training