• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help with everything!

N

Nash

Okay well ive just recently started working out in the gym , and i have completely no idea how to make a routine or how you call it. When i go to the gym i just do like upper body 1 day and i do the machine lifting and normal weight lift using dumbell like the bisep curl etc. I want to know if theres a certain way im suppose to be doing these exercises. Example if i want to work out my upper body , what should i do on day 1 , day 2 , day 3 day 4 and so on and how many sets or how many times each position. Please help me out guys!

From a complete newbie~

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Read.

Articles section, stickied threads here, threads in this section in general.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Try a google search and search for rippetoes program.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

what r u looking for with you weight training?
lose weight, gain size, getting stronger, general health?

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Design a routine the easy way

This article which I posted will surely help you get started on how to design a routine.

This one is called, "Beginning is where it Starts." Read up and you should have a foundation forming.

This one has a combination of both lifting and nutrition.

The best thing for you to do is to tell us what you want in your lifting career. By this, both you and everyone here on Mecca can further help you in your conquest. By giving us the details, you make it that much easier for you and us. Post up some general knowledge questions after you've read something to verify it and for you to really understand it. It took me a good few solid weeks of reading up on stuff to get the foundation forming before I was able to lift. So right now, just read those things I posted and you should be set, after that, ask some questions here. The best thing for you to do is to have the confidence and determination, like my quote, "Believe and Achieve."

Last edited by a moderator:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Aim to do mainly compound lifts (squats, presses, rows, chins/pulldowns and deads) with only a few isolation exercises thrown in. Read some of the links that have been posted and good luck!

N

Nash

what r u looking for with you weight training?
lose weight, gain size, getting stronger, general health?

Yeah im looking for basically all those things you mentioned..

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah im looking for basically all those things you mentioned..

You should focuss at one thing at the time. So or loosing weight or gaining weight because both is very hard to do

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

i would suggest starting out with a simple routine focusing on multi joint lifts
i would try the 5X5 (5 sets of 5 reps) ripetoes method
i would do the squat, romanian deadlift, military press, bench press to start with and after that start adding more isolation exercises such as bicep curls, leg curls/extensions, flyes, rows