My Back hurts!!
Your first visit?
Register

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My Back hurts!!

  1. #1
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,022

    My Back hurts!!

    I don't know why either its because i used to play computer games for hours a day when i was younger or ive pulled a muscle doing weights. My lower back is aching of agony and i need good advise how to deal with it. I decided to loose the weight whilst ive been in the uk for only 3 weeks and dropped 7 kilos of body fat and im now 93 but i still need to get down to 85 but it still hurts with agony.

    It also could be because i never train my lower back muscles and train everything else with heavy weights im in desperate need for help because if this back pain worsens i will have to give up bodybuilding and i wouldn't want to do that.

    At 18 years old i shouldn't be getting lower back pain but i am and its really pissing me off, ive got tablets to deal with the pain from the doctor who didn't even give me xrays or a propper check on my back if theres permanent damage, wich he told me there hasn't been any. The tablets don't do shit for the pain. How long should i take rest off from doing the weights and then when i start should i train lower back first for a while or do my other body parts aswell

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:




    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation philosopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,058
    Be carefull with the pain killers especially when you take them and still training. this could make it worse.

    Imo take 1-2 weeks off, and after that start up easy. No heavy deadlifts, squats, powercleans, SLDL etc try to stay away from exercises which are hard for your lower back. If it keeps painfull I would go back to the dokter or physio to get a better check up.


    liberation trough self brutalization, real men don't fear pain and thus can't be controlled.


  3. #3
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,022
    Hey philo when i start up should i start off with some exercises for back i mean it could be because its weak?

    I think i will take 2-3 weeks off or even 4 since im worried about it.




  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The_KM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    880
    Couple things:

    It doesn't just need to be back exercises that cause your lower back to hurt. Anything that involves lumbar stabilization can cause this. So anything as far as deadlifts to crunches can cause this. If you want some exercises that cause your lower back to stabilize (many) just hit me with a PM.

    I'd take a while off, no set time, just until you feel mentally and physically ready to hit the weights again. When you get back, I'd either go super light on the deads (RDL and SLDL) and/or try to strengthen the lower back slightly with hyperextensions.

    Lastly, careful with the painkillers. Too much ibuprofen can cause your body to reduce protein synthesis.




  5. #5
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation BigBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    5,141
    go to the chiropractor you are out of alignment. You have classic symptoms of being out of alignment. get adjusted, and keep getting adjusted until you are good again. Then get adjusted twice a month after that definately, or whatever yr chiro recommends. Stop takjing pain killers it reaks havoc on protein synthesis.

    Trzain light and only do isolation exercises that dont bug yr back until your chiro gives u the go ahead to lift again. Once in alignment work back into your normal routine. After about 3 weeks you should be somewhat close to normal again strength wise.

    Form comes first. You are not lifting weights you are contracting your muscles. This has to be the mind set.

    God Bless
    Ben




  6. #6
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    15,729
    What BB Said, should help out.
    and i thought you were under 18?...




  7. #7
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation philosopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    Hey philo when i start up should i start off with some exercises for back i mean it could be because its weak?

    I think i will take 2-3 weeks off or even 4 since im worried about it.
    Nothing wrong with taking some more time off. As for the rest Big ben gave some solid info.




  8. #8
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation SerbMarko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,429
    do what BB said.. also try to loose some bf and train your abs more.. its helped me a lot.


    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.


  9. #9
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    Tonka go and see a real sports doctor!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    go to the chiropractor you are out of alignment. You have classic symptoms of being out of alignment. get adjusted, and keep getting adjusted until you are good again. Then get adjusted twice a month after that definately, or whatever yr chiro recommends. Stop takjing pain killers it reaks havoc on protein synthesis.

    Trzain light and only do isolation exercises that dont bug yr back until your chiro gives u the go ahead to lift again. Once in alignment work back into your normal routine. After about 3 weeks you should be somewhat close to normal again strength wise.

    Form comes first. You are not lifting weights you are contracting your muscles. This has to be the mind set.

    God Bless
    Ben
    How about he goes and sees a sports doctor first :dunnodude:
    As much as I love internet diagnosis from vague descriptions, backs are not something you fuck with.
    Quote Originally Posted by KM
    Couple things:

    It doesn't just need to be back exercises that cause your lower back to hurt. Anything that involves lumbar stabilization can cause this. So anything as far as deadlifts to crunches can cause this. If you want some exercises that cause your lower back to stabilize (many) just hit me with a PM.

    I'd take a while off, no set time, just until you feel mentally and physically ready to hit the weights again. When you get back, I'd either go super light on the deads (RDL and SLDL) and/or try to strengthen the lower back slightly with hyperextensions.

    Lastly, careful with the painkillers. Too much ibuprofen can cause your body to reduce protein synthesis.
    Good post. I echo the ibuprofen statement and add to it; it is terrible for more than a few days in succession. Anything more than a few weeks of taking it and you cause all sorts of gastrointestinal problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb
    do what BB said.. also try to loose some bf and train your abs more.. its helped me a lot.
    Training your abs to alleviate a back problem will usually cause more problems! Unless you do static/stabilisation back exercises (planks/bridges) you put a lot of stress on the spine.


    Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off


  10. #10
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypocrisy86 View Post
    What BB Said, should help out.
    and i thought you were under 18?...
    I turned 18 in may.

    I Shouldn't be seeing a chirofactor at my age i shouldn't have lower back pain at my age, but yes i will try to arrange that.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.