• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weird rash after deadlifting

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
After doing my Smolov routine for 3 weeks with my deads 4 days a week I've developed a really annoying red spotty rash in the middle of my quads where the bar has been dragged up and down my thighs constantly.

Anybody else had this joy before?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After doing my Smolov routine for 3 weeks with my deads 4 days a week I've developed a really annoying red spotty rash in the middle of my crotch where the bar has been dragged up and down my thighs constantly.

Anybody else had this joy before?

Um... I'd check your form, from this description, it doesn't sound like you're doing the exercise right..... :dunnodude:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why is it rubbing on your thighs? :uhoh2:

are you doing it sumo style? that would explain things.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ ive seen pros scrap against their quads, some even use chalk on their quads

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't get this on my quads as much as my shins. But you do want the bar as close to your body as possible throughout so I'd say grow tougher.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Don't get this on my quads as much as my shins. But you do want the bar as close to your body as possible throughout so I'd say grow tougher.

I'd say its just from the frequency of the smolov routine and hopefully should go away in my week off. Its just so irritating when I have keys in my pockets because they make it worse.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd say its just from the frequency of the smolov routine and hopefully should go away in my week off. Its just so irritating when I have keys in my pockets because they make it worse.

take the keys out of your pocket? :wutyousay: No but really, wear thicker shorts like a pair of cargo shorts so when it rubs that takes some of the friction off your skin.

I'm like Tim, I scrap my shins and with the new bars we have at my gym I leave some skin and blood behind which sucks.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
take the keys out of your pocket? :wutyousay: No but really, wear thicker shorts like a pair of cargo shorts so when it rubs that takes some of the friction off your skin.

I'm like Tim, I scrap my shins and with the new bars we have at my gym I leave some skin and blood behind which sucks.

I'm a short-shorts man when I train and when I do deads I actually role them up so the bar doesn't catch on them so its all bar-to-skin contact for me.

I don't train with keys in my pocket, I'm talking about when I'm wearing jeans with keys in my pocket.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a short-shorts man when I train and when I do deads I actually role them up so the bar doesn't catch on them so its all bar-to-skin contact for me.

I don't train with keys in my pocket, I'm talking about when I'm wearing jeans with keys in my pocket.

Do what u must but at least you know what is causing the rash. If I had skin to bar contact with my bars, I would be a bloody mess. Mine are way too damn sharp on the grips.

C

CRAZY CJ 20

I always keep the bar as close as I can but without sliding up my legs in the process. I wouldn't want a rash on my quads everytime after I do deads.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Yeah its because you dont have any protection :keke: You should wear longer shorts or pants :dunnodude:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck it i scrap the shit outta my chins and quads, i also get bruises on my quads from powercleans

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck it i scrap the shit outta my chins and quads, i also get bruises on my quads from powercleans

Oh I know the bruises all too well. I would slam them on my quads simply to save that extra bit of strength to get one rep in my power lifting days. Ahh the good ole days.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop wearing short shorts :gayaway:

sweat pants :e5dunno:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I busted the ass out of my last pair of trackies/sweatpants doing ATG squats.

CombBoy

CombBoy

I scrape the living shit out of my shins every week doing deads, but nothing on my quads.
Baby powder on your quads should help with any friction problems. Other than that I got no idea, sorry bro.
Good luck with a solution mate.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I scrape the living shit out of my shins every week doing deads, but nothing on my quads.
Baby powder on your quads should help with any friction problems. Other than that I got no idea, sorry bro.
Good luck with a solution mate.

I think the best solution will be to not do deads 4 times a week. :hyperguy:

CombBoy

CombBoy

Hehe. Funny little fucker aint ya :keke: