• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Favorite time of the day to train?

P

Pain

VIP
Whats your favorite time of the day to train? Do you like to get into the gym early in the morning while it is quite? What time do you get your best work out in?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I like to train when I'm most awake, but since I do an alternating afternoon/night shift job this often changes. When I was doing 9-5 work however I was an afternoon trainer, I just can't get my ass out of bed any earlier in the morning and get motivated enough to go to the gym. Me and alarm clocks have a pretty rocky relationship.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Early morning or late evening - there's something special about beeing in the gym at theese times. My center always gets massively crowded around 3 pm so I hate training at that time.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I hate the crowds when I get there in the afternoon, my gym isn't exactly a 'hardcore training' gym so there's no vibe to work off. I'm only 1 of about 4 or 5 guys I know of who deadlift and I'm the only one who lifts more than 100kg.

samsam

samsam

Early mornin' 4-5 hours after eating that massive breakfast and I'm at my consciousness-peak. Also the remaining of the day's meals come to good use after a bb session.

Also, for some reason this is prime time for all the babes to be around.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the morning. Take a good breakfast and after that to the gym. After a shower you can start the day fresh

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always used to train in the afternoon when I had been awake and eaten enough but since the job change and the person I train with prefers mornings I'[ve been doing mornings for a while - and I don't mind it. As long as I get some food and a shake in before hand it sets me up for the day quite nicely having trained early on.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Late night or mid day ;)

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

i like the afternoon, im wide awake and ive gotten a couple meals in me so i feel full and energized. i do personal training so it worksout well i can schedule my clients around my training and the gym isn't real busy

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Evenings. Its the best time to work out because you are more awake and have more food in you. Personally I lift more in the afternoon or evening then waking up, eating then going to the gym.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After work.Probably not the best time ,but its the only time i have chance to train.Thought im getting used to it now.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
summer, 9:30pm -10:30pm

after a warm day, the fresh of the night activates me, also the feeling i had in my gym was perfect

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
mid days usually, but sometimes early mornings are really great to train, for example only saturdays because the gym is open from 9:30am until 12:30pm :)

edit: 9:30 is early for me :D

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like it early. 6:30am is always a nice time for me. if not early then later at night, like around 9 or 10

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
idk how ppl lift in the morning...i've tried it before and i just feel like i'm half asleep and it's impossible to train hard, mayb if i were just fooling around in the gym (which i don't do) but i could never have a productive training session in the AM....i prefer night, anytime after 7pm

MarkoKoo

MarkoKoo

Usually in the evenings.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Currently train in the morning/mid afternoon. Not by preference but I respond best around night time. Generally all depends on sleep and diet of that day.

msuman

msuman

2pm. My energy levels are high after lunch and my gym is not so much of a social scene in mid-day. I can get serious without social interuptions...

Amped

Amped

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I work a rotating shift...so when i can get there is an accomplishment