• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

cereals while cutting - good or bad?

J

jguruz

Hello all, im presently working on cutting and im just wondering if cereals are counter productive, i typically have a bowl of cereal pre-workout, and then post workout along with a protein shake. Tends to be weetabix / frosted shreddies / branflakes with fruit. I also frequently have cereal as a midnight snack.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cereal is horrible for cutting. Its not calorie dense at all (ie, a little big has a good amount of calories). Plus, you combine it with milk (more calories). Cereal would be the first thing I'd cut out of a cutting diet.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Not only that probably all cereal companies while saying it's a certain percentage whole grain are still loaded with sugars. It's processed secondly. If companies didn't do this they'd lose money and be less successful. All a business my friend.

Substitute for another cereal-type whole grain. Oats, granola, bran, etc.

J

jguruz

many thanks for the advice guys, i'll definitely ditch the cereals tomorrow, and substitue with oats / granola

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love my cereal, crap.....

MetalMX

MetalMX

Just get some oats and use equal and cinnamon + protein powder mixed in that's damn good.

Or just use a half decent tasting bran cereal with no excess sugar and add splenda so it tastes sugary and a bit of skim milk. Nothing wrong with that... only thing thats bad in a cutting diet is lots of simple sugars. Also use flavourings from your baking section for added flavor..... liquid vanilla, rum, coconut flavourings add a few drops adds no calories.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cereal is horrible for cutting. Its not calorie dense at all (ie, a little big has a good amount of calories). Plus, you combine it with milk (more calories). Cereal would be the first thing I'd cut out of a cutting diet.

nuff said.

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Shredded Wheat has 0g sugar and contains no high-fructose corn syrup...as a last resort, go with something like this.

S

SRUDWARF

lol i dunno how im gonna cut lucky charms out if i ever have to cut.

M

mahrousd

What about fiber one original brand cereal? It has 0 sugars and 14 grams of fiber!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about fiber one original brand cereal? It has 0 sugars and 14 grams of fiber!

Still not the best, again the calories and milk thing. But, you could eat a lot worse....

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol im so ghetto i just take a cup - 2 cups of quick oats and put some water to get it wet then eat it

M

mahrousd

well my breakfast in the morning consist of 1 cup of fiber one cereal without milk and a protein shake. What do you think about that?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well my breakfast in the morning consist of 1 cup of fiber one cereal without milk and a protein shake. What do you think about that?

cereal and water?? I think it sounds simply disgusting. :omgwtf:

M

mahrousd

No just the fiber one by itself dry in a cup.