Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation SerbMarko's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Bernie Mac dead at 50

sad news.. he was one of the funniest men ever.. RIP.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080809/...bit_bernie_mac

By F.N. D'ALESSIO, Associated Press Writer 24 minutes ago

CHICAGO - Bernie Mac, the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor and comedian who worked his way to Hollywood success from an impoverished upbringing on Chicago's South Side, died Saturday at age 50.

"Actor/comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complications due to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital," his publicist, Danica Smith, said in a statement from Los Angeles.
    She said no other details were available and asked that his family's privacy be respected.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized and treated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to the disease.

Recently, Mac's brand of comedy caught him flack when he was heckled during a surprise appearance at a July fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate and fellow Chicagoan Barack Obama.

Toward the end of a 10-minute standup routine, Mac joked about menopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crude language. The performance earned him a rebuke from Obama's campaign.

But despite controversy or difficulties, in his words, Mac was always a performer.
    "Wherever I am, I have to play," he said in 2002. "I have to put on a good show."
    Mac started his comedy career at age 8, with a standup performance at a church dinner. In 1977, at age 20, he took that act to comedy clubs in Chicago.
    His film career started with a small role as a club doorman in the Damon Wayans movie "Mo' Money" in 1992. Mac went on to star in the "Ocean's Eleven" franchise with Brad Pitt and George Clooney and his turn with Ashton Kutcher in 2005's "Guess Who?" a remake of the Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn 1967 classic "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" topped the box office.

Mac also had starring roles in "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Transformers."

The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.
    The series about a man's adventures raising his sister's three children, won a Peabody Award in 2002. At the time, judges wrote they chose the sitcom for transcending "race and class while lifting viewers with laughter, compassion and cool."
    The show garnered Golden Globe and Emmy nominations for Mac. He also was nominated for a Grammy award for best comedy album in 2001 along with his "The Original Kings of Comedy" co-stars, Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley and Cedric The Entertainer.
    In 2007, Mac told David Letterman on CBS' "Late Show" that he planned to retire soon.
    "I'm going to still do my producing, my films, but I want to enjoy my life a little bit," Mac told Letterman. "I missed a lot of things, you know. I was a street performer for two years. I went into clubs in 1977."

Mac was born Bernard Jeffrey McCullough on Oct. 5, 1957, in Chicago. He grew up on the city's South Side, living with his mother and grandparents. His grandfather was the deacon of a Baptist church.

In his 2004 memoir, "Maybe You Never Cry Again," Mac wrote about having a poor childhood eating bologna for dinner and a strict, no-nonsense upbringing.
    Mac's mother died of cancer when he was 16. In his book, Mac said she was a support for him and told him he would surprise everyone when he grew up.

"Woman believed in me," he wrote. "She believed in me long before I believed."

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Johnny Bravo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

RIP and all that stuff.- But I never understood why people thought he was so funny.
    I've seen quite a lot of his material to give him a chance but I was just bored to death.

Get Ripped, Get Laid.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i think Pain and I just posted this at the same time.. can anyone verify?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Johnny Bravo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by SerbMarko View Post
    i think Pain and I just posted this at the same time.. can anyone verify?
    You where first.

............ bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mine has a video. I win.

r.i.p.

Please visit our forum sponsors

Administrator
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation tkD's Avatar
    Weight
    187 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

R.I.P Bernie

Administrator
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation tkD's Avatar
    Weight
    187 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Mine has a video. I win.

r.i.p.
    lol i thought you were first :carduforvip

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

just add the video to this thread.. the man was a legend..

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation CaptainCharisma's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

definatley was a legend, sad to see him go, this way before his time

RIP

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation sexnews's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sad news. Not a joke!

Just one Dick's opinion!

[JUNE 09|MOTM]

LIFT OR DIE bodybuilding reputation El Freako's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sad to hear, I thought he did some great roles in the last decade.

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation BigBen's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

RIP

I couldn't believe it when i heard it. This day and age 50 is way to young.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

R.I.P. Big guy

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Clint's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    RIP and all that stuff.- But I never understood why people thought he was so funny.
    I've seen quite a lot of his material to give him a chance but I was just bored to death.
    x2

The biggest difference between you and me is you're you, and I'm me. I always win. Sorry bro.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

why in the world is he a legend? he was alright and personally i agree with JohnnyBravo, i didn't find him very funny.
    it is very sad to hear someone dieing so young. RIP.

^ He is funny in movies :dunnodude:

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^ ya but that's not his material. and personally i don't find him that funny even in movies. the only role i thought he was funny in was Bad Santa

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Fatality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I woke up to this on the news, not the best way to start your day, especially when you learn that he died a young age. He wasn't the funniest actor, but he's still one to remember by. RIP bud!

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions