Taxes
Your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 26

Thread: Taxes

  1. #1
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation thicknasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    712

    Taxes

    I don't give a crap about politics and thus don't really keep up with it, but I know a lot of reports are politicaly slanted. But is this true about the the taxes?




    Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General election:


    CAPITAL GAINS TAX
    MCCAIN
    0% on home sales up to $500,000per home (couples) McCain does not
    propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

    OBAMA
    28% on profit from ALL home sales

    How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you
    will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement
    and would like to down-size yourhome or move into a retirement
    community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This
    proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income
    from their homes as part of their retirement income.

    DIVIDEND TAX
    MCCAIN 15% (no change)
    OBAMA 39.6%

    How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock
    market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement
    accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now
    be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama become president. The experts predict that 'higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market yet
    do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

    INCOME TAX
    MCCAIN (no changes)

    Single making 30K - tax $4,500
    Single making 50K - tax $12,500
    Single making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 60K- tax $9,000
    Married making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 125K - tax $31,250

    OBAMA
    (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
    Single making 30K - tax $8,400
    Single making 50K - tax $14,000
    Single making 75K - tax $23,250
    Married making 60K - tax $16,800
    Married making 75K - tax $21,000
    Married making 125K - tax $38,750


    Under Obama your taxes will more than double!
    How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty
    straight forward.

    INHERITANCE TAX
    MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

    OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

    How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses,
    farms and ranches, and homes that have been in their families
    for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax.
    Those willing their assets to loved ones will not only lose them to
    these taxes.

    NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA
    * New government taxes proposed onhomes that are more than
    2400 square feet
    * New gasoline taxes - as if gas weren't high enough already
    * New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating
    gas, water, electricity)
    * New taxes on retirement accounts and last but not least....

    * New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same
    level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

    BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Bulkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,226
    Quote Originally Posted by thicknasty View Post
    * New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same
    level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!
    ye cause the standard of the healthcare system in all of western europe is even remotely comparable to that of a third world country:angrydude: the US is the only western nation that still believes that the size of ur wallet should decide what medical treatment ur gonna have if u get sick.

    UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE FTW!!!


    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.


  3. #3
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,499
    I voted for Ron Paul.




  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post
    ye cause the standard of the healthcare system in all of western europe is even remotely comparable to that of a third world country:angrydude: the US is the only western nation that still believes that the size of ur wallet should decide what medical treatment ur gonna have if u get sick.

    UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE FTW!!!
    Debate? :imcoolurnot:

    To TN, overall, it's probably mostly true, though neither has any real firm beliefs, so it's tough to say. I think there's no doubt that Obama will raise taxes big time, since he is THE most liberal senator in the US Senate. But, they will both raise them, McCain isn't much better. Overall, you also have to consider the foreign policies, as to me, killing innocent civilians is the number 1 issue, by far. Obama might do this less than McCain (we sure as hell know McCain will keep it going).

    As for their proposed plans, here's a diagram from the national taxpayers union about proposed changes to the federal budget, showing how much they want to change government spending.

    musclemeccacom


    Needles to say, it's clear that there was only one decent choice, and it's a damn shame people couldn't see it.

    33170883v17 240x240 Front




  5. #5
    Ron Paul FTW bodybuilding reputation Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post
    UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE FTW!!!
    if America wasn't full of morbidly obese hypochondriacs, that would work wonderfully.


    I voted for Ron Paul.




  6. #6
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Bulkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    if America wasn't full of morbidly obese hypochondriacs, that would work wonderfully.


    so if there were less fatties u would be all for it then?




  7. #7
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post


    so if there were less fatties u would be all for it then?
    What is your point? Since you've been here a long time now, you should be able to pick up Tech's tone on these things.

    But, he makes a good point. Why the fuck should I pay for the health care of an obese or hypochondriac person? Personally, I'm in huge favor of getting rid of any kind of subsidized health care for those who are determined by doctors to be obese because they're lazy and eat too much. In Canada, this would be a huge step to cutting the obesity problem, if these people had to cover their own doctors visits because of what they do to themselves.

    Nanny states blow.




  8. #8
    Ron Paul FTW bodybuilding reputation Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post


    so if there were less fatties u would be all for it then?
    I still wouldn't be for it, but it would seem more plausible.

    America is the worlds fattest, most drug addicted, lawsuit crazy country in the world. So giving them access to free healthcare would probably create alot of problems.




  9. #9
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Bulkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
    What is your point? Since you've been here a long time now, you should be able to pick up Tech's tone on these things.

    But, he makes a good point. Why the fuck should I pay for the health care of an obese or hypochondriac person? Personally, I'm in huge favor of getting rid of any kind of subsidized health care for those who are determined by doctors to be obese because they're lazy and eat too much. In Canada, this would be a huge step to cutting the obesity problem, if these people had to cover their own doctors visits because of what they do to themselves.

    Nanny states blow.
    i was joking around, calm down man, i dont think tech found my post very offensive

    for me it comes down to whats the most efficient system. fact is this. The US spends more money on healthcare than any other country in the world with its large number of private operators. still a large number of individuals lack any kind of health insurance. and its more complicated than u express, because these are not all lazy, fat people who doesent give a crap. alot of people work extremely hard, but still struggle to afford an insurance.

    as with tweak, he had back problems last year from what i remember, but had no insurance and couldnt afford proper treatment, all he could do was take painkillers. and he was working hard, but in a lousy job. in my mind that is not fair. i dont think anyone should have to walk around sick, just because theyre poor. a child should not be denied surgery, just because the parents cant afford insurance. in my mind a free society, should make sure that all its citizens have access to proper health care. cosmetics and that stuff is something else, as it is not vital, but medical treatment when people are sick should be for everyone.

    and stop that crap about nanny states, if that is the case then all of western europe consists of nanny states, and u know thats bullshit. we have simply chosen a different path, and all citizens over here are in favour of this system, u hear noone oppose it. personally i am willing to pay alittle more taxes to make sure that people in my country get access to care when they are sick, and im glad the rest of my country are willing to pay alittle extra so that if i ever get sick and need care i will get it.




  10. #10
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,345
    I swear to god if my retirement fund gets taxed that much I'll shoot a bitch :angrydude:

    dont fuck with my money :angrydude:


    :ihavesandinmyvagina


    my healthcare coverage > yours Military ftw.


    The biggest difference between you and me is you're you, and I'm me. I always win. Sorry bro.


  11. #11
    Ron Paul FTW bodybuilding reputation Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,813
    the more the government gets involved in something, the more they fuck it up.

    do we really need to give more power to the pharmaceutical companies and congress?




  12. #12
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post
    i was joking around, calm down man, i dont think tech found my post very offensive
    I'm calm :wutyousay:


    for me it comes down to whats the most efficient system. fact is this. The US spends more money on healthcare than any other country in the world with its large number of private operators. still a large number of individuals lack any kind of health insurance. and its more complicated than u express, because these are not all lazy, fat people who doesent give a crap. alot of people work extremely hard, but still struggle to afford an insurance.

    as with tweak, he had back problems last year from what i remember, but had no insurance and couldnt afford proper treatment, all he could do was take painkillers. and he was working hard, but in a lousy job. in my mind that is not fair. i dont think anyone should have to walk around sick, just because theyre poor. a child should not be denied surgery, just because the parents cant afford insurance. in my mind a free society, should make sure that all its citizens have access to proper health care. cosmetics and that stuff is something else, as it is not vital, but medical treatment when people are sick should be for everyone.

    and stop that crap about nanny states, if that is the case then all of western europe consists of nanny states, and u know thats bullshit. we have simply chosen a different path, and all citizens over here are in favour of this system, u hear noone oppose it. personally i am willing to pay alittle more taxes to make sure that people in my country get access to care when they are sick, and im glad the rest of my country are willing to pay alittle extra so that if i ever get sick and need care i will get it.
    Nowhere did I say that ALL people are fat and lazy, thats just a(nother) strawman. But with socialized medicine, people abuse the system, and its a fact. I live in Canada, and work in the health care system, so i can tell you numerous examples of people abusing the health care system.

    One review (Birmingham, Muller, Palepu, Spinelli & Anis, 1999) found that the total cost of obesity related medical treatment in Canada could be as high as an alarming 3.5 billion dollars per year! Making matters even worse is the fact that this study was performed in the year 1999, where obesity rates in 2008 have certainly risen considerably. So what is it now, 7 or 8 billion? at least?

    Why the fuck should I pay for the health care of an obese slob who can't take care for themselves. Not only are they stealing money and causing my taxes to raise, but they're also occupying time of doctors so that people who actually need health care have to wait, and wait, and wait. Personally, I'd be in huge favor for us in Canada to stop covering obesity related illnesses, and make people pay for their own visits. If this was the case, there'd be a hell of a lot more incentive for someone to live healthier.

    Also, besides obese people abusing the system, hypochondriacs in general abuse it beyond belief. To give an example, last week I brought a friend to the emergency room for depression and suicidal actions (Tweak knows the story, and he could attest how fucked up this friend of mine is). We went into the emergency room at around 6:00, and didn't see a doctor until 2 in the morning!! that's a whopping 8 hours waiting with someone who was a serious threat to himself, and others (police were even called to wait outside his room because he was uttering threats). Not only this, but the doctor we saw was just a resident, not an actual trained psychiatrist! It's 2 weeks later, and only today was he able to see one. Now tell me, of those people the doctors were tied up, how many do you think were just whiners who broke up with a girlfriend, or some other event which the only thing that can really heal is time? I'm willing to bet that at least half of them were people who didn't need doctors care, yet they just feel like they need it. with a capitalist system, chances are they wouldn't have gone in, and help would be reserved for people who need it.

    There's also price fixing to consider. In a socialized system, theres a flat rate for every treatment. Ie, each doctor in the same field bills the same for the same treatment. Within the same field, a good doctor and a shitty doctor each make the same amount per patient visit. In this kind of system, prices NEVER decline. There is no incentive for price competition between physicians, ie, one offers a lower price in attempt to get more patients, and then other physicians also lower their price. Then maybe one physician increases their quality of service, uses better equipment, something. There's no incentive for this at all because all they do is bill the company for their price and thats it.

    An example Ron Paul has given to this is cell phones. Look how much technology has increased with these, and the costs for this have come down drastically. The capitalism of them encourages the producers to make the best, cheapest product over their competitiors so consumers will use their product. Medicine should be no different.

    Many people who are in support of universal health care don't realize everything that comes with it. All they can think of is that they have to pay $200 or whatever to see a doctor when they get the flu once a year. They don't realize that they'd be much much better off saving the $5000 or whatever it is per year on their taxes.

    Plus, this isn't taking into account the option that would be there for private insurances, charities, and so on, all of which would be much more efficient than government regulated health care. I can't think of too many doctors who would deny a child surgery if needed, just because they don't have the money upfront.


    Birmingham, C., Muller, J., Palepu, A., Spinelli, J., & Anis, A. (1999). The cost of obesity in Canada. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 160(4), 483-488.




  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    I still wouldn't be for it, but it would seem more plausible.

    America is the worlds fattest, most drug addicted, lawsuit crazy country in the world. So giving them access to free healthcare would probably create alot of problems.
    from what i understand Australia has taken over that slot :crymeariver:


    She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.


  14. #14
    I would comment on this thread and give feedback but after all my economics and finance classes im sick of taxes and discussing them.




  15. #15
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    15,729
    I Voted for Ron Paul.




  16. #16
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Mygeeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    from what i understand Australia has taken over that slot :crymeariver:
    thats what i heard too but its gotta be bullshit :dunnodude:


    The Passion Of The Zombies


    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    a little bit of raping wont hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    being cool on the internet is much more important than being cool in real life .


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygeeto View Post
    thats what i heard too but its gotta be bullshit :dunnodude:
    nah man, pretty sure its true ey




  18. #18
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkboy View Post


    so if there were less fatties u would be all for it then?
    I once heard a guy say (I can't remember his name but he was on Glenn Becks' show) that if people don't care about their health (obese, smokers, drinkers, etc) then why should they get health care? I know America is all about freedom and what not but the guy has a point.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.