cardio after weights fine...after 2-3 hours?
Your first visit?
Register

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

cardio after weights fine...after 2-3 hours?

hi guys, just wondering if any of you would recommend lifting, returning home to load up on post-workout meal/nutrition, giving it a few hours and then performing cardio for say 20-30 mins. im only considering this due to my work commitments as i can now only hit the gym 3 days a week. would this encourage fat burning or the opposite? also is anybody currently doing this?

thanks in advance

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Ironslave's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by jguruz View Post
    hi guys, just wondering if any of you would recommend lifting, returning home to load up on post-workout meal/nutrition, giving it a few hours and then performing cardio for say 20-30 mins. im only considering this due to my work commitments as i can now only hit the gym 3 days a week. would this encourage fat burning or the opposite? also is anybody currently doing this?

thanks in advance
    Thing is, so much depends on your goals, and time available. Is it the best way to do things? No, ideally, if you had all the time to eat and train, splitting them up would be best, but few people have this luxury.

If you're strapped for time, you could do weights 3-4x a week, cardio 2x a week, and perhaps every morning, first thing in the morning when you wake up, get up and do a bunch of burpees. I've been doing this a lot lately, trying to work my way up to 100 (I'm at 75 now).

What are your goals exactly? Build muscle? Lose fat? General health?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The Creator's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Impressive on the burpies IS! I incorporate them into every boot camp I teach and I can certainly say that 100 consecutive would be damn impressive!

About the cardio, it depends on how long you are weight training for. If you are done weight training in 45 minutes and want to throw in 20 mins of low intensity cardio, I dont see a problem with that at all. As IS said, I think ideally would be longer duration cardio in the morning and then weight training at least 4 hours after that however, I think you would be fine doing the cardio after weights as long as the total session did not too long. I wouldnt push it past an hour and a half without aminos imo.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The_KM's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The thing is, there's usually science to back up any form of cardio at any given time.

The best advice I could give quite simply, try it out. I don't see a problem with what you're doing. The type of cardio and the duration of it far surpasses an exact time. Give it a try for 4-5 weeks and if you plateau quickly switch the timing.

Everyone's body responds differently. For instance, I adapt better to a steady state moderate intensity 3-4x/wk at night when I'm cutting. HIIT is best but does not work for me. You feeling me man?

Good luck bro.

collapse Posting Permissions