• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

12,000 calories a day

P

Pain

VIP
2vhuhxv-1.jpg

He told NBC he begins the day by eating three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.

Phelps' washes it down with two cups of coffee, a five-egg omelet, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.

At lunch, Phelps gobbles up a pound of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches with lashings of mayo on white bread - and chasing the sammies with 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks.

Then dinner is served, Phelps five-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week regimen is rewarded with a pound of pasta and an entire pizza.

Followed by 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks, again.

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/08/13/the-michael-phelps-diet-dont-try-it-at-home/

P

Pain

VIP
I wonder how many people will go on the "Phelps Diet" now? then 2 weeks later complain at how they put on 15lbs of fat.

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
can you break a sweat in the pool?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm pretty sure Phelps trains 4-5 hours per day so he probably burns, just in those sessions, at least 5,000 calories.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm pretty sure Phelps trains 4-5 hours per day so he probably burns, just in those sessions, at least 5,000 calories.

12k calories is a hell of a lot and judging from the article he is having them from 3 meals only.

I just don't believe it until I see it.

Btw. not the healthiest of foods he is taking in.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
you'd think the greatest swimmer in the world would have a dietitian.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Usain Bolt ate nuggets for lunch and dinner b4 he broke the 100m record:wutyousay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Damn i havent laughed that hard in a minute.... Nice post.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well when you have a fast as fuck metabolism and burn another couple thousand in the pool you gotta eat that much.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
12.000 is a bit much thouhg I think he really needs a big amount of calories to cover his daily activities

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't believe it. I read in another source it was 6k. Who to trust ?

Besides, to burn that many calories swimming he would have to swim all day long. Just impossible and keep in mind most of those calories come from really shitty food. He should really look and take care of that diet of his. It will take him nowhere good. Well, besides winning 8 gold medals xD

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phelps personally said 8-10k calories per day so I'm not sure where 12k calories came from. As far as healthy foods I'd like to see anyone eat that many calories from all clean sources...you couldn't do it.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my sister in law told me he takes in 14000, i think its bullshit

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder how many people will go on the "Phelps Diet" now? then 2 weeks later complain at how they put on 15lbs of fat.

:bowroflarms:

Question to those that might know,
whats the Avg calories burned when swimming?

Teiki

Teiki

I really don't believe that adds up to 12,000, maybe 8,000...

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't believe it. I read in another source it was 6k. Who to trust ?

Besides, to burn that many calories swimming he would have to swim all day long. Just impossible and keep in mind most of those calories come from really shitty food. He should really look and take care of that diet of his. It will take him nowhere good. Well, besides winning 8 gold medals xD

I read the same thing. I wouldnt be surprised if Phelps is playing a few mind games saying he 'eats what ever he wants etc'.