• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Martinez Signs Olympia Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
akita

akita

Haven't seen this on this forum so far...

Written by The Roving Reporter
Saturday, 17 May 2008
Victor Martinez is competing in the 2008 Mr. Olympia on September 27-28 at the Orleans Arena. In case you've been living under a rock, Vic was sidelined after he tore his left patellar tendon in mid-January. Vic was doing a set of warm-up lunges when he felt something snapped, rolled on the ground like a girl, and couldn't stand up.

Photo and News Courtsey of Flex Online

Vic underwent surgery a few days later with a fellow Mayhem Member, PithorDoc, assisted in the operating room. We all thought Victor would be out of the 2008 Olympia just because - I mean, who recovers from a tear like that in a few months? We just assumed Vic would not recover in time to start training for The Olympia.

According to Flex Online , however, Victor Martinez mailed-in his signed Olympia contract. This now throws everything for a loop! We figured if Jay comes in So-So, it would be Jay's and then Dexter, Kai, Phil and others would fight for 2nd through 6th. But, with Vic thrown in the mix as well as Dennis Wolf now working with Chad Nicholls, it's going to be a toss up for 2nd Place! And, if Jay comes in as bad if not worst than last year, we quite possibly could have a new Mr. Olympia.

Even though Dexter added a few more pounds, we don't think he "vastly improved" as Flex Online claims. Whether or not Victor comes in 100%, the fight for second, and possibly first place is going to be a fierce battle. Hell, it's going to be so tight, we just might plunk down the credit card to go watch the fight!

According to FLEX Senior Writer Julian Schmidt who recently caught up with Martinez and raised the question of whether or not Martinez would be ready to compete at the 2008. Here's what Martinez had to say: "It's looking good that I will be in the Mr. Olympia," Martinez said. "I lost a little bit of size in my legs, but not too much. I have been training everything else as always, so I will definitely be ready, especially for Jay Cutler. I assure you I will be competitive with him. I'm always competitive with Jay."

Who knows what's going to happen, but we can only guarantee one thing: It's going to be one good damned show!

Uploadfromtaptalk1426242501671

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Old news.His not competing..

akita

akita

God Im stupid..17 may...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
It's all good, it happens to all of us. Thread closed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.