• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilder scarred from steroids

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Make sure you click the link below the article to watch the pics :ughnoes:

Anyone considering using steroids to bulk up may want to think again after seeing pictures of the horrific scars suffered by one young bodybuilder.

German doctors were shocked at the extent of the massive, deep ulcerating sores on the chest and back of the 21-year-old man.

After antiseptic and antibiotic therapy the wounds healed but left permanent scars, The Lancet reported.

Experts said steroid-induced acne was usually much milder.

Figures from the British Crime Survey put the number of steroid users at 42,000 but some experts believe the true figure could be twice as high.

Dr Peter Arne Gerber, study leader

Anabolic steroids are usually synthesised from the male reproduction hormone testosterone.

They have been banned by many sporting bodies, including the International Olympic Committee, because of their danger to health and the potential for competitive advantage.

Known side-effects include potential damage to major organs in the body such as the liver and heart.

Moderate use

Dr Peter Arne Gerber, from the Department of Dermatology at Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf, Germany, said moderate amounts of the drug could cause big problems.

"Usually in people taking moderate doses of the drug you see some sort of mild acne but in severe cases it can ulcerate.

The acne became severely ulcerated

"The doses this man was taking were within the doses that are used among bodybuilders."

Dr Gerber added that the man did not stop taking the steroids once the skin problems developed because he was more concerned with losing muscle mass.

He eventually stopped but by then it was found the steroid abuse had also caused a low sperm count and shrunken testicles.

"There is probably a dose-effect with the steroids but it's also dependent on how the individual reacts," he said.

"It is questionable whether he will be able to start building muscle mass again - he may not be able to perform the exercises due to the scarring."

UK experts said steroids were associated with this kind of acne but it was extremely rare to see such a severe case.
Although the sores healed, he is left with permanent scars

Professor Peter Sonksen, an emeritus professor of endocrinology at St Thomas' Hospital in London, said at the doses used by the man he would expect to see problems but he was still shocked at the extent of the scarring.

"It shows young people the dangers."

Jim McVeigh, head of substance use at Liverpool John Moores University, said: "It's well documented that some individuals can experience severe acne.

"Often this is just a transient problem - most people wouldn't consider it a significant barrier to using anabolic steroids."

He added there was a lack of studies examining the side effects of steroid abuse and called for "robust scientific research" to establish exactly what effects anabolic steroids have on heavy users.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7575024.stm

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
wow... those pictures are crazy. poor guy.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So the guy abused steroids!!! Big deal.. Use and abuse are two different things. It's idiots like this guy who have given steroids a bad name. There could be any number of reasons to why this happened. I think people should look at this guy and take notice that if you do abuse and do not take proper precautions that outcome be awful.

What's odd though is that the Pro's who so called "ABUSE" steroids have little to no acne. So what gives? This guy clearly had other issues besides AAS use. I once had a horrible out break on my back at 17 from a lung bacterial infection.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Bodybuilder scarred from steroids?

more like...

Bodybuilder scarred from ignorance.

:io:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think it was that he was abusing them that much, I think it was more just a 1 in a million severely negative reaction.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya that's just a crazy reaction....like Creator said probably a 1 in a million chance of that shit happening. Nasty to see though, looks painful!

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Should have bought some accutane.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never should have hit a website PERIOD!!!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya that's just a crazy reaction....like Creator said probably a 1 in a million chance of that shit happening. Nasty to see though, looks painful!

but it says that he has been taking it for sometime, so im thinking someomne sold him some fucked up shit, god knows what was in that shit, same shit with like cocaine and shit people "cut" it with rat poison and shit.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not really poor guy its more of what a fucking dumbass. i agree with youngmusclejock there is a difference between use and abuse and he clearly abused them. you cant be ignorant and use steriods. you have to do your homework.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

this idiot abusing the juice is so totally helping the steroids image -__-

and judging from that first pic i say hes a lazy bastard from the start who thought he'd magically grow muscle, looks like crap

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that sucks,
oh and accutane helps but side effects suck
i went on accutane when i was around 13-14years old
had to get blood taking, etc, shit made me so depressed

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Funny if you look at the pictures ... even where he is the heavy ass scarring I notice a distinct LACK of muscle growth meaning he just took the roid and hoped for the best.