• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tonights Bledisloe Cup

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Who do you guys think will win??

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
fuckin messy scrums :no:

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats to NZ.

P: did you know it was also the Tri-Nations?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rugby would be more interesting if they made a few changes. They should change the playing field to an oval, should be able to pass the ball forward by punching it with their hand or kicking it, players should be able to take posession of the ball from a kick and have the option of taking their time or playing on, they should award a point if they only just miss a kick through the main posts (which they should add posts either side of to help adjudge this), they should stop with the complicated scoring from running over the line and just stay with kicks scoring, tackles should lead to a turnover of posession, and there should be a few more players on the ground.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Rugby would be more interesting if they made a few changes. They should change the playing field to an oval, should be able to pass the ball forward by punching it with their hand or kicking it, players should be able to take posession of the ball from a kick and have the option of taking their time or playing on, they should award a point if they only just miss a kick through the main posts (which they should add posts either side of to help adjudge this), they should stop with the complicated scoring from running over the line and just stay with kicks scoring, tackles should lead to a turnover of posession, and there should be a few more players on the ground.

Should they also start making the game look like a big sissy girl fight? :greddy:

AFL is a silly game :p

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Rugby players arent ball biters :keke:

We had like 60% of possession..... :uhoh2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Should they also start making the game look like a big sissy girl fight? :greddy:

AFL is a silly game :p
So silly that we talk about a bad crowd attendence being the best NRL attendence (union doesn't even come into the same audience rankings as that). I think if it were a silly game that we wouldn't have such a strong following for the game.

Watching Offsiders this morning they had this debate about the codes and even the one-eyed NRL guy had to conceed that AFL has a much better following. Even in Sydney they can't get the same audience to a final as the AFL games held there.

Also I don't think there are too many people that watch AFL and think of it as sissy. Now if you want sissy you have to look at gridiron and how they play rugby with 30lbs of protective gear :keke:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
(union doesn't even come into the same audience rankings as that). I think if it were a silly game that we wouldn't have such a strong following for the game.

Is that world wide?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
We're the only country that plays AFL (in any legitimate amount). Rugby on the other hand...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that world wide?
No I was referring to Australia only. Mainly because Aussie Rules Footy is pretty much only played professionally in Australia. But don't worry you'll all catch on soon and realise what you are missing.

AFL>Rugby Union>Rugby League>Gridiron>Soccer

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
No I was referring to Australia only. Mainly because Aussie Rules Footy is pretty much only played professionally in Australia. But don't worry you'll all catch on soon and realise what you are missing.

AFL>Rugby Union>Rugby League>Gridiron>Soccer

Pfft...

Rugby Union>AFL :xyxthumbs: AFL will start scoring higher when those wimps learn to tackle properly. :jerkoff1:

League I am of 2 minds about, its a great game to play but its just a dumbed down version of union and I believe AFL remains superior technically and skill-wise. Gridiron is for big pussies, they might be big and fast but they're still pussies. When they start playing without body armour I might give them some respect. Soccer is a fun game to play but I will never respect a game where grown men fall over and hold there ankle to get a penalty, then get up and run away perfectly fine. If you fall over and can't get up in Union it's generally because you're unconscious or dead.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol AFL.

afl is probably the result of fifth grade soccer players and 4th grade rugby players moving to melbourne and trying to develop a sport that combines elements of the two sports because they were sooks and couldn't make it in a real game. In NSW anyone who plays Afl is someone who is simply not good enough to make it in league or union.

Back on topic. Wallabies < all. How can we control possesion so much and cross the line so few times? Newzealand uses the ball out wide but Australia runs repetetive phases through the forwards which achieve nothing. Im sick of Wallaby shit! We have a good backline and shit forwards. Our Forwards, They cannot run the ball and are likely to get the ball pinched everytime they run it. "Oh hi, Im Nathan Sharpe Ill carry the ball at walking speed and i'll make sure I maintain possesion with good solid defence breaking go forward." My grandma could drive Nathan Sharpe back and pinch the ball off him. asdlkjdslkjslkjklsd and even when he runs it at walking speed im pretty sure theres never an aussie first at the break down. Australian Rugby is fucked. I love it but its fucked. To fix aussie rugby we need decent forwards. They should raid league for forwards. League produces fitter,stronger,faster, better tackling forwards and the wallabies need a few. SLot em into second row and number 8 and pinch a few argentina chaps for the front row and then we will start whooping the all blacks. Until Australia does that more and more people are going to get the shits with rugby and switch their attention to other things :(.

All blacks were a bit boring too tho... :p

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pfft...

Rugby Union>AFL :xyxthumbs: AFL will start scoring higher when those wimps learn to tackle properly. :jerkoff1:

League I am of 2 minds about, its a great game to play but its just a dumbed down version of union and I believe AFL remains superior technically and skill-wise. Gridiron is for big pussies, they might be big and fast but they're still pussies. When they start playing without body armour I might give them some respect. Soccer is a fun game to play but I will never respect a game where grown men fall over and hold there ankle to get a penalty, then get up and run away perfectly fine. If you fall over and can't get up in Union it's generally because you're unconscious or dead.
Pretty easy to tackle someone who is barely moving and running straight at you :disgust: AFL combines all the elements of a hard hitting game without the standing around part that rugby and gridiron have. Plus I've never understood why you would have a game where the goal is to get the ball forward but you have to pass it backward, and you charge straight at someone who is trying to tackle you. Wouldn't it make more sense to pass the ball forward and avoid the tackles?:wutyousay:
My man Pickle said:
lol AFL.

afl is probably the result of fifth grade soccer players and 4th grade rugby players moving to melbourne and trying to develop a sport that combines elements of the two sports because they were sooks and couldn't make it in a real game. In NSW anyone who plays Afl is someone who is simply not good enough to make it in league or union.
I would have said AFL was developed by people who could actually run and had necks.:wutyousay:

In WA, hell the rest of Australia rugby was for the guys at school that couldn't spell their own name and the meatheads.

But be warned guys; we have the pussy generation following us now. All the mums that are afraid junior will get hurt playing sport have enrolled their kids in soccer :disgust::no: We are about to see the death of real mens sports.

(Yes I am fully aware that soccer is the world game, I used to play it before I grew a pair.)

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol AFL.

Back on topic. Wallabies < all. How can we control possesion so much and cross the line so few times? Newzealand uses the ball out wide but Australia runs repetetive phases through the forwards which achieve nothing. Im sick of Wallaby shit! We have a good backline and shit forwards. Our Forwards, They cannot run the ball and are likely to get the ball pinched everytime they run it. "Oh hi, Im Nathan Sharpe Ill carry the ball at walking speed and i'll make sure I maintain possesion with good solid defence breaking go forward." My grandma could drive Nathan Sharpe back and pinch the ball off him. asdlkjdslkjslkjklsd and even when he runs it at walking speed im pretty sure theres never an aussie first at the break down. Australian Rugby is fucked. I love it but its fucked. To fix aussie rugby we need decent forwards. They should raid league for forwards. League produces fitter,stronger,faster, better tackling forwards and the wallabies need a few. SLot em into second row and number 8 and pinch a few argentina chaps for the front row and then we will start whooping the all blacks. Until Australia does that more and more people are going to get the shits with rugby and switch their attention to other things :(.

All blacks were a bit boring too tho... :p

Seeing as im in France I havn't yet seen the last Bledisloe match.
IMO, aussie need a front row that can go forward. They've never had this. Having a good scrum is more important than people realize. Giteau's kicking is pretty short too. (Compared to the worlds best 10's).

As for the AB's, this is they're worst team in 20 years. I'm not sure who played in the backs, but we lack 12,13 and 14 in the backs. Nonu gets caught on D all the time,Conrad is just a standard player.. who struggles to go forward on slow ball and they lack a set of wheels on the other wing from Sivivatu..(untill Joe comes back).
In the forwards they haven't found a replacement for the best tighthead in the world.(Hayman)..or the best lock.(Jack) Or a good blindside to replace Jerry.

Both teams are average by their own standards. (My opinion)

Also ... Warriors beat the Storm!! haha!!

nd El Freako I wouldn't be calling NFL players pussys.. thats going a bit far.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
NFL is a pretty crazy sport... but none of the hits are any bigger than the hits in NRL or Rugby union... but they have pads.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
nd El Freako I wouldn't be calling NFL players pussys.. thats going a bit far.

As Skippy said, Rugby players cop the same heavy hits but they don't need battle armour. :dunnodude:

Therefore, pussies. Its a great game I'll admit, I used to play it during my lunchbreak at school. Its the only time I've ever been knocked out too.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As Skippy said, Rugby players cop the same heavy hits but they don't need battle armour. :dunnodude:

Therefore, pussies. Its a great game I'll admit, I used to play it during my lunchbreak at school. Its the only time I've ever been knocked out too.

You don't have to tell me... Rugby is paying off my 2 mortgages.

The reason i think the NFL hits are insane is because people get blind spotted from all angles. When I see a receiver take a long pass then get a flying shoulder to the spine... that makes me glad we don't get hit like that.
At least in rugby you usually see it coming.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Pretty easy to tackle someone who is barely moving and running straight at you :disgust: AFL combines all the elements of a hard hitting game without the standing around part that rugby and gridiron have. Plus I've never understood why you would have a game where the goal is to get the ball forward but you have to pass it backward, and you charge straight at someone who is trying to tackle you. Wouldn't it make more sense to pass the ball forward and avoid the tackles?:wutyousay:

I would have said AFL was developed by people who could actually run and had necks.:wutyousay:

In WA, hell the rest of Australia rugby was for the guys at school that couldn't spell their own name and the meatheads.

But be warned guys; we have the pussy generation following us now. All the mums that are afraid junior will get hurt playing sport have enrolled their kids in soccer :disgust::no: We are about to see the death of real mens sports.

(Yes I am fully aware that soccer is the world game, I used to play it before I grew a pair.)

All football players in my experience are meatheads (most of them, im just generalising). Doesnt matter what code they play.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
All football players in my experience are meatheads (most of them, im just generalising). Doesnt matter what code they play.

Hay! Wut u kall me?

MMMMMMMmmmmm.... meet.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hehe i played rugby in high school... only for fun, but yeah im an exception to the rule :D