• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Insulin, and other thoughts.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been thinking about taking the plunge to the dark side again. I am at 228 lbs and about 12% BF at 6' tall. I miss the days of being at almost 250lbs. I have been hearing great things non stop about insulin when your "on" so it always gets my attention. What do you guys know about in terms of results? I know how to take it, what dosage and appropriate timing but how many of you have first hand experience with it? I would probably take it with 600mgs of Test E. and Tren at 50mgs EOD, maybe more tren but I have never taken tren so I will see how I react to it. Thoughts guys?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would think about metforim (spelling).

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take it directly after your workout, make sure you use humalog as it has a very short half life, you dont want insulin in your system for too long or you'll end up getting pretty fat, i would also take im 10grams of simple carbs for every IU of slin.. start out with 5iu and work your way up to 10iu and see how you feel.. for best results do it with creatine with some grape juice and dextrose.. if you want to go hardcore add 10iu of GH post workout with that... BOOOM!!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
also make sure you eat a good well balanced meal with complex carbs about 45 mins to 1 hour post workout and shake.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, the darkside is calling loudly now. I think I might go ahead with it and start preparing here soon.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, the darkside is calling loudly now. I think I might go ahead with it and start preparing here soon.

do it up!! but just make sure to start out low, you dont want to risk hypoglycemia.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been thinking about taking the plunge to the dark side again. I am at 228 lbs and about 12% BF at 6' tall. I miss the days of being at almost 250lbs. I have been hearing great things non stop about insulin when your "on" so it always gets my attention. What do you guys know about in terms of results? I know how to take it, what dosage and appropriate timing but how many of you have first hand experience with it? I would probably take it with 600mgs of Test E. and Tren at 50mgs EOD, maybe more tren but I have never taken tren so I will see how I react to it. Thoughts guys?

This is was taken from MD. Marcus300 posted it and Razor Ripped wrote it.

This was posted by a friend of mine Pinnacle, its a simple guide abit like Pinnacle himself !

This post is just a simple guide for first time insulin users to follow in a safe, and effective manner.

I urge you to invest in a glucometer. This will give you a close estimation of where your BG(Blood Glucose) levels are (Safe Zone 70-90,but independent upon each individual).You want to take in adequate amounts of carbs, but not too much. As the excess will be stored as fat. And yes, if you aren’t careful, you can add quite a bit of excess body fat. As you’ll see in my dosing example below, we drop carbs slightly as to not to acquire excess BF.

As you already might know. The basic rule is 10g Dextrose to 1 iu of Insulin. Now the trick is to get in tune with your body so to take advantage of the insulin spike, which allows nutrients to be shuttled to the muscle cells rapidly, doing so without taking in excess carbs which equates to body fat.

Below is a 30 day cycle(which is recommended) for Insulin. I don’t use Insulin on off days from the gym. Some like to use Insulin on off days in the morning to fight off the catabolic state we’re in upon awakening. I feel upon awakening in the morning a shake consisting of Whey/Dextrose would be sufficient in bringing you out of this catabolic state from fasting over an 8 hour period while sleeping. Remember, you can become Insulin insensitive if abused. So by running slin on training days only reduces that threat.

I’ll use the 5 day training split as an example here. That will give you 20 days “on” slin.

Day 1 : 5 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 2 : 5 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 3 : 5 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Congratulations!! You’ve survived thus far. I assume(hope) you’ve been monitoring your BG levels. You probably have noticed that you are in the higher range using 50g of dextrose PWO. Now it’s time to drop the carbs slightly. Don’t fret. This should be more than ample amounts(of carbs) to get you through to your PPWO meal.

Day 4 : 5 iu slin/40g Dextrose

Day 5 : 5 iu slin/40g Dextrose

At this point you should have a good idea of how you react with Insulin in terms of BG levels vs. carb intake .

Let’s up the dose……

Day 6 : 6 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 7 : 6 iu slin/50g Dextrose

By this point in time you should be feeling good(ie;more confident),but still respectful to Insulin. Let’s test the waters for 3 days to give you the feel of things. By that I mean we’ll drop the carb intake slightly so you can find a comfortable ratio in regards to iu’s vs. carbs per gram.

Day 8 : 6 iu slin/40g Dextrose

Day 9 : 6 iu slin/40g Dextrose

Day 10 : 6 iu slin/40g Dextrose

Now, the above ratio’s are safe and effective. You can stop right here and continue on for the next 10 days at the above doses/ratio’s. Or you can move forward slightly.

Day 11 : 7 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 12 : 7 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 13 : 7 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 14 : 7 iu slin/50g Dextrose

Day 15 : & iu slin/50g Dextrose

If you felt confident with the above protocol.You could experiment on days 14-15 and drop your dextrose to 40g.If you do so, please monitor your BG levels every 15 minutes or so. And have glucose tabs, or another source of quick carbs handy (like orange juice) to stave off any possible signs of hypoglycemia. Don’t panic should this happen,just drink a glass of orange juice, or similar, and in 10 minutes the symptoms will have subsided.

Ok, on to your final week.

Day 16 : 8 iu slin/60g Dextrose

Day 17 : 8 iu slin/60g Dextrose

Day 18 : 8 iu slin/60g Dextrose

Day 19 : 8 iu slin/60g Dextrose

Day 20 : 8 iu slin/60g Dextrose

This was simply a guide.
One last thing. Guys ask “Which way is better?” To take your Whey/Dextrose in one shake, or Dextrose first, and whey 15 minutes later”?

Bottom line is, it’s just preference

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Question guys, Can I take waxy maize instead of Dextrose when taking slin? I just love Waxy maize and want to see how I respond to it with slin.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am sure I have read it more than one place that GH and Insulin together actually cancele each other to some extent..... you might want to stick with one for weeks and switch back and forth between these two.... :tiphat:

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am sure I have read it more than one place that GH and Insulin together actually cancele each other to some extent..... you might want to stick with one for weeks and switch back and forth between these two.... :tiphat:

Its the other way around. They have a synergistic effect with each other. Same as if you take IGF-1 with slin. :xyxthumbs:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Question guys, Can I take waxy maize instead of Dextrose when taking slin? I just love Waxy maize and want to see how I respond to it with slin.

i cant say that i know too much about waxy maize but i believe its sugar derived as well, correct? its just faster acting then dextrose? what does the label say?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant say that i know too much about waxy maize but i believe its sugar derived as well, correct? its just faster acting then dextrose? what does the label say?

Its derived from Corn starch, its fasting acting then dextrose. Its all carbs but contains no sugar. I didn't know if I need "sugar" per se or if the carbs from waxy maize are fine because blood sugar is pretty much the reason for insulin right?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its derived from Corn starch, its fasting acting then dextrose. Its all carbs but contains no sugar. I didn't know if I need "sugar" per se or if the carbs from waxy maize are fine because blood sugar is pretty much the reason for insulin right?

Yes! You can take Waxy Maize. You are correct about the blood sugar. Do you have a gluco meter?