• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cell Tech Hardcore: too much sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CRAZY CJ 20

I've gotten some pretty decent results from a few cycles Cell Tech Hardcore. I want to continue using the product, but I just noticed that there are 75g of sugar per serving. That's quite a bit, especially during a loading phase. I'll admit I have a sweet tooth and I like having a dessert here and there, but knowing that I'll already be getting 75g of sugar off the bat with Cell Tech, I'm not so sure it's the best idea. Your thoughts on the sugar content or Cell Tech Hardcore in general? Do you suggest any other creatine supplements?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
get a kilo of pure creatine, it will be cheaper. then you can add some nitric oxide, i personally wouldnt trust muscletech stuff, dont be fooled by pretty colors and expensive prices.

C

CRAZY CJ 20

get a kilo of pure creatine, it will be cheaper. then you can add some nitric oxide, i personally wouldnt trust muscletech stuff, dont be fooled by pretty colors and expensive prices.

Yeah I learned that a while ago so I dont bother trying anything new from them. I just liked the results I got from Cell Tech. Is 75g of sugar the most you've all seen in a creatine supplement? That seems like an extreme amount of sugar. Should anyone even bother?

I was thinking just a plain creatine monohydrate would be the safest bet considering it's not condensed with 100 other ingredients like Cell Tech.

Is loading even necessary? I hear yes and no from multiple sources.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you get pure creatine there arent any additives, ive never really bought a specific creatine product, i would just buy pure, i wouldnt bother with cell tech, theres only so much you can gain from that shit if any at all, did you start working out whenn you started taking celltech?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I learned that a while ago so I dont bother trying anything new from them. I just liked the results I got from Cell Tech. Is 75g of sugar the most you've all seen in a creatine supplement? That seems like an extreme amount of sugar. Should anyone even bother?

I was thinking just a plain creatine monohydrate would be the safest bet considering it's not condensed with 100 other ingredients like Cell Tech.

Is loading even necessary? I hear yes and no from multiple sources.

There's no doubt, Cell-Tech works. The sugars are in there to help translocate the creatine, I.E- releases insulin. So, in most cases it's some dextrose formula. What makes it a waste of money is the fact that it's $60 and lasts 10-14 days. Which is bullshit.

Monohydrate is best for the money. Find one with 100 servings that is around $12-15.

About loading,

If this is your first time using it, I'd say yous could try loading. Studies have found that it doesn't further saturate muscle concentrations, and some do; that's life. Try it out load 20-25g/day, focusing around the morning and post workout when your most insulin receptive.

Maintenance at 5-10g/day post workout on training days. Non-training days take in the morning. Again, this depends on your dose (5-10g). Cycle this, and finally wash out with time off to re-accustom your receptors.

MT and CEE = worthless for future reference.

Good luck! :tiphat:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that cell tech shit never worked for me, KM he doesnt need to load since hes used it before, even if he never had a loading phase when he first took, wouldnt it be worthless to start a loading phase now?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A loading phase isnt going to hurt anybody but in most cases it isnt going to be any more effective in the long run.
Here is my cheap recipe for cell tech:
1000 mg of creatine monohydrate- 20$
Jug of gatorade powder that makes 9 gallons- 8$

Just mix the creatine in with the gatorade powder and that will help shuttle the creatine into the cell more efficiently. tada

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Theres still people today who use muscletech? :uhoh2:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that cell tech shit never worked for me, KM he doesnt need to load since hes used it before, even if he never had a loading phase when he first took, wouldnt it be worthless to start a loading phase now?

Depends on how far ago he last took creatine. Worthless? It works for some and not for others, that's why I said it was optimal, and if he decided to load...I instructed him on how to.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Theres still people today who use muscletech? :uhoh2:

Much more than you think bro :disgust: many newbies will try it out atleast once or twice. I did when I first started :uhoh2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
allstar

allstar

i think all newbies will use muscletech because they believe the whole "gain 20lb in 2 weeks"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great post about the sugers KM!
A loading phase isnt going to hurt anybody but in most cases it isnt going to be any more effective in the long run.
Here is my cheap recipe for cell tech:
1000 mg of creatine monohydrate- 20$
Jug of gatorade powder that makes 9 gallons- 8$

Just mix the creatine in with the gatorade powder and that will help shuttle the creatine into the cell more efficiently. tada
This is almost exactly what I did (I used a different sports drink brand powder). Works just as well.

I got my first creatine as a freebie with some other supplements. It wasn't CellTech but was similar with it's "patented absorption formula" which was basically sugar. Now I just buy ON monohydrate and mix it with sugars/salts, or have it as part of a shake (takes care of sugars and salts).

There are a few studies that have shown that loading phases aren't really needed long term. The only benefits are shown in the immediate saturation, which is fine if you plan to use it for a few weeks at a time and then stop :dunnodude:

C

CRAZY CJ 20

I'm no noobie lol I've been training consistantly since I was 14 when I got my first gym membership and I'm 19 now. I didn't start taking any supplements until I was almost 16. I just stuck to creatine monohydrate which worked alright for me. The reason I bothered with Cell Tech was because it was effective. Even at age 16 I didn't believe the ads about "gaining 20lbs in 20 days" and I don't know anyone who ever had believed such a claim. My concern with Cell Tech is the sugar content. TBH I'm not that big on all the supplements out there so I don't know a whole lot except the basics about creatine and NO products. I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a football player. I simply apply bodybuilding principles to the lifting teir of my training because I find it extremely effective in building a body I can work with on the field. I've been off the Cell Tech for a good 6 weeks now so do you all think I'm about ready to start some monohydrate?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that sugar is what took jay cutler to the top. please don't question muscletech and their amazingly awesome products. extensive research actually shows that more than 74g sugar per serving but less than 76g per serving puts the body in an anabolic state. and according to muscletech research and development, that is a good thing.

allstar

allstar

I'm no noobie lol I've been training consistantly since I was 14 when I got my first gym membership and I'm 19 now. I didn't start taking any supplements until I was almost 16. I just stuck to creatine monohydrate which worked alright for me. The reason I bothered with Cell Tech was because it was effective. Even at age 16 I didn't believe the ads about "gaining 20lbs in 20 days" and I don't know anyone who ever had believed such a claim. My concern with Cell Tech is the sugar content. TBH I'm not that big on all the supplements out there so I don't know a whole lot except the basics about creatine and NO products. I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a football player. I simply apply bodybuilding principles to the lifting teir of my training because I find it extremely effective in building a body I can work with on the field. I've been off the Cell Tech for a good 6 weeks now so do you all think I'm about ready to start some monohydrate?

If you have been off of it for 6 weeks, your receptors should be pretty clean now and would probably respond pretty well to a creatine mono, look into AST or Dymatize.

B

beautyeye

muscletech are really expensive and have really wild claims, i am unsure wether any of them are actually true

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
don't worry, if you buy your hydroxycut hardcore you will cut it down real fast anywayz!!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with Muscletech products over other similar products as far as effectiveness... the only difference is Muscletech ads and there price tag. There not poor supplements there just over hyped and over priced.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Firstly, the fact of the matter is, the company is good at luring in newbies who are uneducated. When they see "gain 4.8 lbs in 10 days" they think it's a miracle supplement and throw money at it. The 75g of sugar in the product is actually a positive about the product. 100g of dextrose pwo is enough to restore complete muscle glyc.

There's no question that the stuff does work, it must. It's the price/serving that if you have any brains at all you'd realize you're forking out $30-40 more than you need to yield the same results is pointless.

Secondly, if you're going to look into a nitric oxide, quite honestly I'd avoid the formulas. (that is if you want them for their purpose). That said I'd take 6-12g of arginine post workout. You don't need caffeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.