• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay 2001 Vs 2008: I don't see the difference...

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aside from the conditioning, that is.

:keke:

Seriously, I don't think he's that far off. He's obviously got more mass/less cuts, but his shape hasn't completely gone to shit yet. Is it just me, or am I totally missing something? Perhaps if Jay can ever nail his conditioning again, he could go back to being a major legitimate threat.

2mnpxdj-1.jpg

Well?

Discuss!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come on', debate with me!

:hsughr:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs to dial it in....come down a bit in weight to get the waist as under control as he can and i think he still has a legit shot at doing some damage on any stage...he is the biggest dude on the circuit now. Comes down to condition, look at how well he looked saturday compared to friday. If he looked the way he did at the finals the first night he probably would have his 3rd sandow right now.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he's dryer in the 01 pic and his legs/abs look more shreddered

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yet another solid post by a solid member :uhoh2:

Maybe im just not in a serious mood today :dunnodude: WHy dont you loosen up instead of being all serious.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
i don't think Jay's gonna achieve again 2001 condition and shape, but he is still in the game and could do the improvements that Beau specified already imo.

and in the same time lulz @ Beau :keke:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he looked the way he did at the finals the first night he probably would have his 3rd sandow right now.

I felt the same way. In fact, I kinda even felt bad for Jay; he was, by normal Olympia standards, in shape enough to win on Sat. night. Too bad he looked like total crap for the prejudging...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

his conditioning just isn't up to par of what conditioning is today, i mean physiques and levels change, i mean rich gaspari changed the idea of conditioning when he entered the worlds and i mean phil has done the same since the ironman, and with dexter the physique and face of bodybuilding is changing....so yes maybe his best just isn't enough i mean there have been many bbuilders that have had great physiques but just didn't meet the phase of bodybuilding at their time look at flex vs ronnie, shawn vs dorian, and know phil/dex vs jay however mass is on the way out if that mass doesnt have the need conditioning and shape/symmetry...what do you all think

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ great post man. very true.

P

Pain

VIP
Lighting,angle,tan,camera distance ect all come into play here. He is also hitting the pose slightly different.

Whats the difference in weight?

J

JHP81

Turn him around and you will see the diff.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is for Beau since there is no such thing as not being serious :jerkoff1:

I actually think he became worse. His shoulders,arms and legs well especially his retarded right leg is much bigger in 2001 rather than 2008. His waist is also much tighter and his overal condition is in another league compared to 2008.

You happy now Beau :tiphat:

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay is less conditioned, out of proportion, imbalanced, wider waist, worst symmetry etc. than 2001.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is for Beau since there is no such thing as not being serious :jerkoff1:

I actually think he became worse. His shoulders,arms and legs well especially his retarded right leg is much bigger in 2001 rather than 2008. His waist is also much tighter and his overal condition is in another league compared to 2008.

You happy now Beau :tiphat:

Well at least you gave some reasoning on your opinion this time...good on ya! Your learning

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I'm alone in thinking Jay could turn it around?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think he can look like 2001 personally. He has a shot at 2006, however, which would still be Mr. O worthy. He proved in the night show that he can still look good enough to win- he just has to make sure he nails his condition on both days.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I'm alone in thinking Jay could turn it around?

No I'm with you...he needs to do a little revamping though. He's still young enough and ya as we saw at the finals Saturday night he can bring a winning physique...won't be easy but i think if he changes a few things he can regain the title for another year. Phil is gonna be unstoppable in a few years though IMO.