• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

beta-alanine

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's okay, if you can get it for a bulk powder at a good price, go for it. But don't waste your money on any supplement in caps that is heavily marked up in price because of beta alanine.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Was actually thinking of taking carnosine & letting my body break it down into histidine & beta-alanine. May have possible brain benefits.
Wiki said:
Supplemental carnosine may increase corticosterone levels, which can explain the hyperactivity sometimes seen in high doses.[citation needed] Researchers in Britain[4], South Korea[5], Russia[6][7] and other countries[8][9] have also shown that carnosine has a number of antioxidant properties that may be beneficial.

Carnosine has been proven to scavenge reactive oxygen species (ROS) as well as alpha-beta unsaturated aldehydes formed from peroxidation of cell membrane fatty acids during oxidative stress. It can oppose glycation[10][11] and it can chelate divalent metal ions. Chronic glycolysis is suspected to accelerate aging.[12]

While a small number of studies have produced evidence of beneficial effects of N-acetyl carnosine in treating cataracts of the eyes, these and other ophthamological benefits have not been proven. Britain's Royal College of Ophthamologists assert that neither safety nor efficacy has been sufficiently demonstrated to recommend its use as a topical treatment for cataracts.[13]

Typical vegetarian diets are thought to be lacking in carnosine, but whether this has a detrimental effect on vegetarians is controversial.

Carnosine was found to inhibit diabetic nephropathy by protecting the podocytes and mesangial cells.[14]

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ interesting! great find!