• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bowler dies after perfect game

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RAVENNA, Mich. (WZZM) - Teammates in his bowling league think after rolling a perfect 300 game Don Doane's heart just gave out.

"You get nervous shooting a 300," says teammate Todd Place. "The pressure keeps building," says bowling alley owner Jim Nutt.

Minutes after achieving the life long goal of a perfect game the 62 year old bowler collapsed and died at Ravenna Bowl in Ravenna. "Don just collapsed," says alley owner Nutt. " At first we thought he just fainted." "Then when I rolled him over I realized it wasn't good," says teammate Place.

The teammates say he was giving a high-five minutes before. They tried to revive him but Doane never spoke another word. He died of what was apparently a massive heart attack "He looked fine, reached across the table and gave me a high-five and he fell over," says Place.

"I think he died by the time he hit the floor." Don Doane was a member of the "Nutt Farm" bowling team at Ravenna Bowl for 45 years. His teammates says its strange not to see him on league nights.

"It was like a book, a final chapter," says Place. "He threw his 300 game with all of his friends, gave each other high-fives and it's like the story ended. He died with a smile on his face."

"Don will be a legend," says Nutt. 'It's something that will never be forgotten as long as people bowl here." Ravenna Bowl is planning a memorial ceremony for Doan's' wife Linda and son Chad.
Phil Dawson

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=100829&catid=14

going out on top

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, well at least he achieved his goal before dying.

high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, that really sucks.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
r.i.p ron
congrats on the perfect game :tiphat:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That sucks for him....rip...

Its like me gettin a 240kg squat and dying right after of excitment...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, that's sad to hear

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's like me getting my 2,500 lbs squat for 1 rep and dying of excitment as well.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff