• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Routine

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My lowerback is sore for several weeks now but after a heavy DL session things have gone from bad to worse. After two weeks of "rest" (I trained but no exercises which are taxing for the lower back) I wanted to try to squat again. That night the pain was back again. Atm its going ok but I need to pay more attention to it before it gets really serious. I wanna do this trainings routine for 8-12 weeks to give the lower back some rest. Hopefully after that I can train normal again. What do you guys thing of it?

Mon: Upperbody Power
- Bench Press 5x5 of 3,2,1 RM
- Military Press 5x5
- Chin Ups 5x5
- Close Grip Bench Press 3x6-8

Teu: Lowerbody
- Leg Presses 3x8
- Leg Curls 3x8
- Lunges 2x10
- Another Ham exercise
- Leg extension 2x10-13
- Seated Calf Raises

Wed: Rest

Thu Rug, Biceps, Traps:
- Rows 3x6-8
- Lat pulldowns 3x10
- DB Shrug 3x10
- Biceps 3x10

Fri Borst, schouders, Triceps:
- Incline Bench Press 3x6-8
- Flyes 3x10
- Dumbell Press 3x6-8
- Side raises 3x10
- Triceps 3x10

Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks pretty solid to me. Nothing hits low back heavy, but a few of the exercises will work it. At the bottom of leg press, obviously watch the strain, as well as with the rows (i'm assuming you are talking bent rows.)

8-12 weeks may be a long time. I am not sure how you recover or your injury, but it may be more beneficial to lay off all weights for a week or so to allow complete recovery versus 8-12 weeks of minor strains and tenderness. I am interested what others will say in regards to this. When you get back to deads, try throwing some DB deads in there. By holding them at your sides, you will be able to maintain a more upright posture and correct spine curvature, which should help rehab. Good luck.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Eli. Its hard to take a break just when you are going at full steam. To be honest I know rest is the best medicin here. I'll see how it goes in about 2-3 weeks. If the pain is still there I'm gonna take some rest and I will go to the docter.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks solid philo, i would do more leg presses to increase quad volume with heavy weights

Like the dutch description lolz

Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Eli. Its hard to take a break just when you are going at full steam. To be honest I know rest is the best medicin here. I'll see how it goes in about 2-3 weeks. If the pain is still there I'm gonna take some rest and I will go to the docter.
Banshee deals with a temperamental back, and you sound just like her on it....we still have not figured out what works best:wutyousay: I can't tell you the amount of canceled doctor appt's.....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo, I'd go as far as to do all lower body work single leg style to decrease the load used.

Also what type of pain? Is it muscular pain or something else?

How is your mobility? I'm guessing that you probably need better hip mobility if you are getting low back issues.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo, I'd go as far as to do all lower body work single leg style to decrease the load used.

Also what type of pain? Is it muscular pain or something else?

How is your mobility? I'm guessing that you probably need better hip mobility if you are getting low back issues.

I think its not muscular. When I sit for a while and wanna stand up again, it takes me a few seconds to get straight up because that last part really hurts. I'm walking like an old man for a few secs before it gets better.
Ive used hip mobility exercises as part of my lowerbody warm-up for a while but stopped doing it dont ask me why. How could I test if its a mobility issue?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ u should see a sport massager and a chiropractor...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it isn't muscle related then it is unlikely to be a mobility issue. Go and see a good sports doc.

Also I don't know why people recommend chiropractors. They don't have a real medical degree and haven't got a lot of the background that is needed to deal with sports injuries.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Agreed see a Doc, sounds like it could be a slipped disc. Especially if from the sitting position it hurt to stand and straighten up. From then the doc can make a determination for your recovery.

Also emphasize your needs to get back to training as soon as possible for a quicker and safe recovery.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff