• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Verizon Fios

GetSize

GetSize

Since I'm moving I have the ability to choose between keeping Cablevison or switching to Verizon Fios since its available. Does anyone here currently use Verizon Fios if its even in their area?
Is it a better option then cable? I had the triple play but after a year the price raised dramatically and they are going to raise it again. I just upgraded to a Samsung 50" Plasma so I want to make the best out of it.

PS Whats better XBOX 360 or PS3 w/Blueray? I'm just stuck. :hsughr:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have a xbox 360 and i personally like it better but thats just my opinion. the 360 has really good games you cant play the PS3 and the PS3 has some really good games you cant play on the 360. its really just what you are looking for.

is your samsung a plasma or LCD?

edit: oh and as for the cablevision or verzion fios i have no clue. ive never hear of verzion fios and i have Dish Network.

GetSize

GetSize

i have a xbox 360 and i personally like it better but thats just my opinion. the 360 has really good games you cant play the PS3 and the PS3 has some really good games you cant play on the 360. its really just what you are looking for.

is your samsung a plasma or LCD?

edit: oh and as for the cablevision or verzion fios i have no clue. ive never hear of verzion fios and i have Dish Network.

Yea your def right. I think I was hooked after I played Gears of War2 so I think im going with the 360. The Samsung I got is a Plasma. I havent taken it out the box yet so I cant wait to hook up the xbox.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if i were you i'd buy an xbox 360 instead of PS3. but hey , it's your call.whatever you choose , congrats in advance bro.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ditto,personally i'd go 360, PS has good PS only titles such as..... um... I fucked my self with that statment. wait.. I was gonna say Resident Evil but Resident Evil 5 is coming out on 360. Final Fantasy? I guess thats it but i'd go 360 hands down.

No Time Warner where you live they got the phone,Cable Tv, High-Speed Internet package for $99.

But when it comes to Verizon I only trust them with cell phones.

H

hulk250

I swiched from Comcast to Verizon Fios the TV quality is better than Comcast, particularly on HD.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea your def right. I think I was hooked after I played Gears of War2 so I think im going with the 360. The Samsung I got is a Plasma. I havent taken it out the box yet so I cant wait to hook up the xbox.

i have not heard very good things about plasma tvs. from what ive heard LCDs are way better thats what i have, but ive really never watched a plasma much.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ditto,personally i'd go 360, PS has good PS only titles such as..... um... I fucked my self with that statment. wait.. I was gonna say Resident Evil but Resident Evil 5 is coming out on 360. Final Fantasy? I guess thats it but i'd go 360 hands down.

No Time Warner where you live they got the phone,Cable Tv, High-Speed Internet package for $99.

But when it comes to Verizon I only trust them with cell phones.

they got Metal Gear Solid. which is supposed to be good.

GetSize

GetSize

i have not heard very good things about plasma tvs. from what ive heard LCDs are way better thats what i have, but ive really never watched a plasma much.

I also heard the same about Plasmas and playing games. But the concern about Plasmas is the 'ghosting problems" or the burn in image. As long as I dont pause the game or keep the TV on I should be ok. But thx for the advice I think I'm going to get the 360. It funny because alot of people here at work are saying the PS3 but beside blueray there is nothing about the console that would make me get it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I also heard the same about Plasmas and playing games. But the concern about Plasmas is the 'ghosting problems" or the burn in image. As long as I dont pause the game or keep the TV on I should be ok. But thx for the advice I think I'm going to get the 360. It funny because alot of people here at work are saying the PS3 but beside blueray there is nothing about the console that would make me get it.

you should be fine if you dont leave the TV on too long. IMO the 360 is the way to go and most of my friends have a 360 so we play online alot and that is alot of fun. the blu-ray is the only reason i would want a PS3.