• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Scientific studies done on Eucharistic Miracle in Italy

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Repent

In regards to why them saying the tissue was cardiac tissue is such a big deal is because Christians believe the sacred heart of Jesus is present in the Eucharist.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right. I'll just believe a damn youtube link. A journal would be better *kawink*

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
repent for what? not believing in outdated fairy tales?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
sorry Ben I didn't mean to be a dick, but the last part of that video just rubbed me the wrong way.

82137706sa9-1.jpg

Comes across as "you're either with us or against us".

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Comes across as "you're either with us or against us".

thats exactly what it is,people think that christianity got to where it is now because some super holy people went on from town to town spreading flowers and the love of jesus,while the true story is that they forced people to accept thats BS,if not they would burn them...so much compassion.Even more disturbing is that the church says that those murderers are holy because they helped to spread the "love" of jesus,

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats exactly what it is,people think that christianity got to where it is now because some super holy people went on from town to town spreading flowers and the love of jesus,while the true story is that they forced people to accept thats BS,if not they would burn them...so much compassion.Even more disturbing is that the church says that those murderers are holy because they helped to spread the "love" of jesus,

So I suppose Islam was never spread by the sword? I guess Judaism was never spread through violent means?

I am not giving respect or forgiveness for those acts committed during the crusades, they were terrible acts. The actions of the church and of a group of christians does not define all of christianity any more than the actions of Al Quaida defines all of Islam.

Christianity is not the only religion to have its named used to commit atrocities. Islam, Judaism hell even Scientology have committed terrible acts in the name of spreading their beliefs. I mean hell, look at the medical experiments that took place in the concentration camps, and those were in the name of science.

This is not a problem inherent in religion, this is a problem that is inherent in man. The religious angle is an excuse. Don't believe me? Now we commit wars in the name of freedom, equality, oil, resources and defense. Any excuse we can find we will use.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hate to blow the dogma outa the water but "scientific tests" have to use reference material of known content in order to measure things. So there are any number of ways in which a test can be incorrectly done or forged. Also just because the tissue is cardiac tissue is no real magic feat.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hate to blow the dogma outa the water but "scientific tests" have to use reference material of known content in order to measure things. What do you mean the cardiac tissue has to be compared to other cardiac tissue? So there are any number of ways in which a test can be incorrectly done or forged. Also just because the tissue is cardiac tissue is no real magic feat.It is a big deal b/c the Eucharist is said to be the Sacred Heart of Jesus. That was the point I was making when i said that it was a big deal to Christians.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now we commit wars in the name of freedom, equality, oil, resources and defense. Any excuse we can find we will use.

Since when have modern wars been waged for freedom, equality and defense? :wutyousay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since when have modern wars been waged for freedom, equality and defense? :wutyousay:

you know what he means. you're right they're not waged in ernst for those reasons but that is the justification for it. basically what he's saying is man and his traits are to blame for the pitfalls of religion, not the actual religion. in most if not all religions if they're follwed to a T there would be little to no fighting.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you know what he means. you're right they're not waged in ernst for those reasons but that is the justification for it.

I do, I know he mentioned it was done in the name of those things, ie, those are the reasons we are told for them.

basically what he's saying is man and his traits are to blame for the pitfalls of religion, not the actual religion. in most if not all religions if they're follwed to a T there would be little to no fighting.

I'd sincerely disagree with that. Maybe if they followed the actual intended "guidelines", ie, the golden rule or something. But, those who follow a religion to a "tee" are the ones likely to commit heinous acts, because most of, if not all religious documents (bible, Koran, etc.) have verses that would advocate such.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do, I know he mentioned it was done in the name of those things, ie, those are the reasons we are told for them.

I'd sincerely disagree with that. Maybe if they followed the actual intended "guidelines", ie, the golden rule or something. But, those who follow a religion to a "tee" are the ones likely to commit heinous acts, because most of, if not all religious documents (bible, Koran, etc.) have verses that would advocate such.

yes i wasn't clear but that's what i meant. i haven't read either of those books i was referring to the guidelines that advocate peace and the likes.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes i wasn't clear but that's what i meant. i haven't read either of those books i was referring to the guidelines that advocate peace and the likes.

Which is great. I don't mind someone who is influenced religious intentions or guidelines to do positive things, but it's the fundamentalist aspect of believing the bible, Koran and others for all it's worth which is the problem. Reminds me of around a year ago this time when I was in Iowa for Dr. Paul's campaign. I met a women who didn't care who was President (she supported Huckabee) or about invading Iran, a real possibility at the time, because it was going to happen "because the bible said so."

Meanwhile I was like....umm.... 1) you're an idiot.... 2) wasn't that done in like the 50's overthrowing Mossadegh?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Which is great. I don't mind someone who is influenced religious intentions or guidelines to do positive things, but it's the fundamentalist aspect of believing the bible, Koran and others for all it's worth which is the problem. Reminds me of around a year ago this time when I was in Iowa for Dr. Paul's campaign. I met a women who didn't care who was President (she supported Huckabee) or about invading Iran, a real possibility at the time, because it was going to happen "because the bible said so."

Meanwhile I was like....umm.... 1) you're an idiot.... 2) wasn't that done in like the 50's overthrowing Mossadegh?

there are a ton of idiot christians out there :no:

what a absolutely moronic assinine thing to say

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The war in Iraq has been made in the names of all of these. I don't care whether its the actual motivation behind it or whatever. That proves my point. We all know that the US government had ulterior motives. Fear, Equality, Freedom and Self Defense was a great way to excuse those actions. I apologize if my argument wasn't clear. The public justification for a war or terrible actions doesn't always match the true motivators of said action. The religion angle is an excuse. The freedom angle is an excuse.

The fact that this terrible war has been committed in the name of Freedom does not define what it, as an idea and a philosophy, is. It does not define the worth of freedom. So if this atrocity of a war cannot define freedom, how can a war or a terrible action define a religion?

The problem of human greed and intolerance is not restricted to those of a religious nature, it is evident in all people. And like any good liars we have learned to disguise it.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The war in Iraq has been made in the names of all of these. I don't care whether its the actual motivation behind it or whatever. That proves my point. We all know that the US government had ulterior motives. Fear, Equality, Freedom and Self Defense was a great way to excuse those actions. I apologize if my argument wasn't clear. The public justification for a war or terrible actions doesn't always match the true motivators of said action. The religion angle is an excuse. The freedom angle is an excuse.

The fact that this terrible war has been committed in the name of Freedom does not define what, as an idea and a philosophy, is. It does not define the worth of freedom. So if this atrocity of a war cannot define freedom, how can a war or a terrible action define a religion?

The problem of human greed and intolerance is not restricted to those of a religious nature, it is evident in all people. And like any good liars we have learned to disguise it.

someone promote this man to VIP!:2: