• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

TT Workout Routine

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

Changed my workout routine and would like to hear what you guys think. Positive feedback would be great!

To give you a little background on myself and the workout. I am 5'7" 175lbs I am already in shape and have been lifting bodybuilder style (one muscle group per day) for 2 years, with no cardio. I have 9% body fat and eat relatively clean for a full time working and full time college student (lots of brown rice, whole wheat noodles, eggs, steak and chicken). I am not trying to gain or cut weight. I am just trying to be more of a well rounded fitness trainer rather than just a meathead (no offense). So I decided to include H.I.I.T. in my regimen and I also did some reading about Turbulence Training. I decided to go with a super-set routine with 4 sets (10,10,8,8)

Sunday - OFF

Monday - OFF

Tuesday - Flat chest press DB or BB super-set DB Bicep curls.
Flat chest fly DB super-set Straight bar biceps curls.
30min H.I.I.T. on Bike 45sec(high) and 30sec(low)

Wednesday - Pull-ups super-set close grip press
Bent over BB rows super-set triceps pushdown
30min H.I.I.T. on Treadmill 45sec(high) and 30sec(low)

Thursday - BB Squat super-set Lateral DB raise
Leg press super-set Front DB raise
Lying leg curl super-set Shoulder press with DB
Lunges super-set DB Shrugs & calf raises

Friday - Incline chest press DB or BB super-set DB Biceps hammer curls.
Incline chest fly DB super-set DB biceps curls.
30min H.I.I.T. on Treadmill 45sec(high) and 30sec(low)

Saturday - Reverse grip lat pulldown super-set Overhead triceps extension
T-Bar Rows super-set Skull crushers
Back extensions (body weight only) super-set deadlifts

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Intense, I dunno if its possible but I would take a day rest between the workouts instead of two rest days in a row. I dont know anything about TT training so I might be part of the routine. I think its good for a change but imo its not the best routine out there for your goals. But it might work for you. Give it a try for a few weeks and learn for yourself.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Intense, I dunno if its possible but I would take a day rest between the workouts instead of two rest days in a row. I dont know anything about TT training so I might be part of the routine. I think its good for a change but imo its not the best routine out there for your goals. But it might work for you. Give it a try for a few weeks and learn for yourself.

x2

Only you knows what works for you, if it doesnt work as u want u can alsways ask advice here and consult the fellow meatheads :keke:

Good luck!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All round athlete and no snatches or C&J's??

Also you have no hammy or calf work.

Also only one leg day?

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

The reason for the 2 days rest in a row is because of my current work schedule. I only have Tuesday thru Saturday to train. I plan on trying this through the end of this year. From there I will assess my gains and see how I feel. And if my schedule changes I might move to more of a total body workout 3x a week.

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

The reason for the 2 days rest in a row is because of my current work schedule. I only have Tuesday thru Saturday to train. I plan on trying this through the end of this year. From there I will assess my gains and see how I feel. And if my schedule changes I might move to more of a total body workout 3x a week.

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

x2

Only you knows what works for you, if it doesnt work as u want u can alsways ask advice here and consult the fellow meatheads :keke:

Good luck!

That's what I was thinking.:xyxthumbs:

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

Only 1 leg day?

Yes. The reason for this is because I also play soccer, so I do the basic leg lifts (squat, leg press, & leg curl) but I still go quite heavy for my weight (250-295lbs). But I do it Thursday so that I am recovered by Saturday (games are on saturday, sunday and wednesday) I think that my legs are getting plenty of work with the running and biking I do for cardio and the amount of soccer I play on top of the lifting day.

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

All round athlete and no snatches or C&J's??

Also you have no hammy or calf work.

Also only one leg day?

I used to do them, with the correct form. But I kept finding that my rotator cuff was hurting far more than usual on my right arm. So I eliminated them from my workouts. I love the exercise, but the pain wasn't worth it to me.

I do have lying leg curls for the hamstrings, and I forgot to type in that I do calf raises and dead lifts as well.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ My understanding of shoulder involvment in C&J and Snatches is that there shouldn't be any stress on the rotor cuff. The only reason for this would be some sort of imbalance or lack of strength somewhere else.

Considering you said "hurts more than usual" I would suggest you have issues with your shoulders that should be dealt with. That means dropping all bench work.