• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New York Man trampled and killed on Black Friday.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.redding.com/news/2008/no...led-black-friday-wal-mart-stampe/?partner=RSS

"NEW YORK (AP) -- A worker died after being trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers when a suburban Wal-Mart opened for the holiday sales rush Friday, authorities said.

At least three other people were injured.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede but said a "medical emergency" had caused the company to close the store, which is in Valley Stream on Long Island.

Nassau County police said the 34-year-old worker was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., an hour after the store opened. The cause of death was not immediately known.

A police statement said shortly after 5 a.m., a throng of shoppers "physically broke down the doors, knocking (the worker) to the ground." Police also said a 28-year-old pregnant woman was taken to a hospital for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries and were also taken to hospitals.

The dead worker's name was not released.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. But he said it would be "inappropriate for me to share any additional information" until authorities investigate further.

Shoppers around the country lined up early outside stores in the annual bargain hunting ritual known as Black Friday. Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m."

That is just ridiculous. I remember working at best buy when I was a sophomore in high school on black friday. I had to work 4am-4pm and dealing with some of these people that early in the morning was just a nightmare.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Black Friday Should be done away with.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people knocking each other down at 5 a.m. in the morning so they can save $5 or what ever :no:
i think they should'nt do this Black Friday anymore, so people wont kill each other again :uhoh2:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Black Friday isn't going anywhere. It's a way for poor people to think they're getting a great deal on some outdated piece of electronic.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Black Friday isn't going anywhere. It's a way for poor people to think they're getting a great deal on some outdated piece of electronic.

*stares at his outdated piece of electronic*

:crymeariver:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people all went for the electronics,at our store
i was still throwing out items in detergent , and bam they opened the doors, and everyone ran into our store, went directly to electronics, it is sad, very very sad. but im not surprised someone got killed or etc
these people (not i) are savage and just greedy assheads, dont deserve sympathy.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Yep. I worked in the home office part of best buy, and everyone wanted the 380$ laptop which is always a piece of shit.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CYBER MONDAY FOR THE WIN

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You'd have to be a dumb cunt to involve yourself in the pushing and shoving of Black Friday while pregnant.

:disgust:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You'd have to be a dumb cunt to involve yourself in the pushing and shoving of Black Friday while pregnant.

:disgust:

Welcome to America, home of the brave, land of the free, and nation of deperate people looking to get the best shit for the cheapest price in which they may use only 3 times in it's possesion of existence. Only to lie somewhere collecting dust or throw away only to end up non-biodegradeable in a landfill. :disgust:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They should look at the stores video tapes and find out who the people are. I mean this is technically a type of murder.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They should look at the stores video tapes and find out who the people are. I mean this is technically a type of murder.

Your quote has been discussed on CNN all day. There are several factors that determine if this falls under murder. Funny but it's a very interesting case, more than likely Wal-Mart well be held accountable.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Interesting. Yet I think its bullshit that wal-mart will be held responsible. I mean what the hell were they supposed to do hire body guards or something. I'm very curious as to who the family members of the worker want to hold responsible, since they probably have more insight on the issue.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Interesting. Yet I think its bullshit that wal-mart will be held responsible. I mean what the hell were they supposed to do hire body guards or something. I'm very curious as to who the family members of the worker want to hold responsible, since they probably have more insight on the issue.

Yes, that is exactly what they should have done. We all need to remember that this is not the first time this has happened. Most places well some do hire or have some sort of barricades and. security.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I think thats kind of redicolus to blame the business over the people who did the act. All in All if wal-mart decides to do this next year, shit I'll put in for the body guard job, I'd take pleasure in beating the fuck out of some of them lol. Want to join ymj?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I think thats kind of redicolus to blame the business over the people who did the act. All in All if wal-mart decides to do this next year, shit I'll put in for the body guard job, I'd take pleasure in beating the fuck out of some of them lol. Want to join ymj?

I am in no way a fighter. Think just a simple barricade or something like this would work more than enough.

The thing about Wal-Mart being at fault falls down, to the measures that were used to insure this guys safety. That's where the case will come from against Wal-Mart. It's a sad but simple fact, as employer's they are required to do so.

As for the people there were over 2000 who trampled over this worker. The thing that comes to mind is the costumers intent to do harm to this man. What you have to look at is the first few who actually took down the doors, which then fell on top of the man. A jury is going to have a hard time convicting the 2,000 something costumers who came in during the rush after the doors had already came down.

Now one thing to look at is the costumers who knocked the police around while they were coming to the aid of this man. That is what I find more disturbing than the actually murder it's self.

P

Pain

VIP

Its wall-marts fault. They didn't have any sort crowd control or organize a line.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ good points ymj. I think wal-mart will be more likely held responsible simply for $$$$. The family and other people know thats who they have to go after if they actually want any sort of outcome since the govt wont go after 2000 people and they will recieve more benefits from going after wal-mart.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its wall-marts fault. They didn't have any sort crowd control or organize a line.

Yes its wal-marts fault that people think they can knock down doors and not stop to save someone from being stomped to death. Its not the fault of the guys who broke the fucking doors down. Its not the fault of the people who pushed this man to the ground condemning him to a painful death.

Should Wal-Mart have had crowd control measures in place? Certainly, are they partly responsible for this death? You better believe they are, someone died on their property, they should be held accountable.

Should the people who knocked the door down be charged with involuntary manslaughter? Yes, their careless actions resulted in someone dying.

This story makes me fucking sick to my stomach. Saving a few dollars on an ipod or xbox cost this man his life. Gotta love human greed.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets see Wal-Mart most likely will not suffer finacial downfall from this other than paying the mans family a sum on money on a bargain. since they were not responsible legally. Legally they did all that was "legally" nessesary to ensure the safety of thier employees. But the arguement will be.

Walmart doors were illegally knocked down, and a uncontrollable crowd of people legal term "Roit" occured resulting in the death of one of thier workers. This "Roit" also resulted in the injury of other people since Walmart does in no way own the mob of people they can argue non-vicarious liabilty to thier actions. Walmart will get off and the people whom initally knocked down the dor MAY be found and procecuted.