• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I feel dumber after watching this...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Pec deck is best exercise for chest? :jerkoff1:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
More idiocy...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's pussies like this that give us trainers bad names.....:no:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I couldn't agree more Duality.
This is why I hate gyms here in sweden, the "instructor" don't know shit mostly,!( There are hardcore gyms around here with bb owners)
Millions of times idiot instructors has come up to me and said "I wouldn't do that, thats to much weight, what are you doing that for?, the machine cant handle that weight, you make to much noise, you scare to older people away"....the dumb fuck the finnish it of with "Do you want me to show you have I do?"......:ranter: ....the problem here were I live...is that it often is a +60 y/o aunty that cant get a job elsewhere..... :hhj:

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pec deck is best exercise for chest? :jerkoff1:

Just to note, he did not say it was the best exercise for chest. He stated that it was an isolation exercise.. :xyxthumbs:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Just to note, he did not say it was the best exercise for chest. He stated that it was an isolation exercise.. :xyxthumbs:

Actually he did say that it was a better exercise because it was an isolation exercise... :dunnodude:

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually he did say that it was a better exercise because it was an isolation exercise... :dunnodude:

you are correct he did say that, but he was saying it was better than the pushup. One thing that we don't know is which audience this guy was targeting. I highly doubt he was talking about bodybuilding. More than likely this video is targeted towards the everyday gym rat.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
you are correct he did say that, but he was saying it was better than the pushup. One thing that we don't know is which audience this guy was targeting. I highly doubt he was talking about bodybuilding. More than likely this video is targeted towards the everyday gym rat.

He does say "chest press" at the start along with pushup. And for even the everyday gym rat a compound pressing movement is a far superior exercise. Even a pushup is better than a fly. I hate douchebag trainers like this. :angrydude:Why can't they just stick to the tried and true basic compound movements instead of expunging all this bullshit advice.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He does say "chest press" at the start along with pushup. And for even the everyday gym rat a compound pressing movement is a far superior exercise. Even a pushup is better than a fly. I hate douchebag trainers like this. :angrydude:Why can't they just stick to the tried and true basic compound movements instead of expunging all this bullshit advice.

Well, I don't really know if you can blame the trainers themselves. I think the problem is runs deep than that. If you blame the trainers themselves, why not go after the company who hires them or where they obtained their certification.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Well, I don't really know if you can blame the trainers themselves. I think the problem is runs deep than that. If you blame the trainers themselves, why not go after the company who hires them or where they obtained their certification.

The buck generally stops with the trainers but I'll admit there are exceptions. I've heard of gyms giving their trainers a list of exercises which are the only one they can use on their clients and used to work with a guy who when he did his certification was told not to teach squats because they were too dangerous. However this guy has even put out a book so I'm pretty sure he truly believes the bullshit he speaks.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The buck generally stops with the trainers but I'll admit there are exceptions. I've heard of gyms giving their trainers a list of exercises which are the only one they can use on their clients and used to work with a guy who when he did his certification was told not to teach squats because they were too dangerous. However this guy has even put out a book so I'm pretty sure he truly believes the bullshit he speaks.

That's my point, these guys have their own styles. To each is own, this guy has probably a list of clients. People buy into this shit like hotcakes, women and middle age men love this type of training. I see it everyday in my gym, I workout at 24 hour fitness in Lewisville,Tx and you can see a ton of middle age men doing these exact exercises with their P.O.S. trainers.

I honestly believe that these trainers do not know a difference. What they teach is what they have been given by the club they work for. What this guy does is no different than those people who do the rubber ball workouts. It's all about what you believe in.

As I originally stated this guy is not catering to the everyday bodybuilder. Thus, given the cliental that he potentially works for he is going to use exercises that he feel best fits his clients. How many times have you spoke to people who say, " Oh I don't wanna do that, I'll get to big.. :jerkoff1:" I think you get my drift.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
How many times have you spoke to people who say, " Oh I don't wanna do that, I'll get to big.. :jerkoff1:" I think you get my drift.

The No. 1 reason why I quit the fitness industry...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The number one reason I refuse to exercise my personal certification from NASM.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just for the record: the pushup is probably the best upper body pressing exercise. And pec decks and fly machines should be binned; the only decent fly movement is cables.

It is harder to load than some others but aside from that it kicks ass!