• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My new program: Advanced German Volume Training

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I just wanted to throw this out here for everybody to have a look at and critique. Its an extreme adaption of the Advance German Volume Training routine seen here: AGVT, which I have dubbed the Holocaust cycle due to its brutality and calorie burning tendencies. I'll just be doing a chest/back, legs, arms 6-day split and cycle it through the working week with no rest days other than weekends. I'm seeing out the year with this before starting a Westside template next year. I should be able to cope with the load for the month and maybe a bit longer and it'll help burn a few Christmas calories as well. No heavy shoulder work because my shoulders have been playing up but I will be adding in shoulder rehab after chest. Abs and calves will be done regularly as time permits.

Here's the new routine layout (see link for rep changes and loading)
From T-nation:
Reps: For the advanced trainee, doing more than 5 reps is a waste of time, as the average intensity will be too low. The reps should vary for each one of the six workouts (German Volume Training, like any other training, is only effective for so long). Reps are the loading parameter to which one adapts the quickest.

Therefore, for an advanced trainee, one should apply a 6-9% increase in load with each successive rep reduction as outlined in the example below. In other words, each week, you'll do fewer reps per set, but increase the weight.

The Holocaust V.2
Chest/Back 1
a1: Bench Press: 10 x 5
a2: Weighted Chins: 10 x 5
b1: Weighted Dips: 3 x 6-8
b2: DB Rows: 3 x 6-8
+ shoulder rehab

Legs 1
a1: Back Squats: 10 x 5
a2: Leg Curls: 10 x 5
b1: Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 x 6-8
b2: Good Mornings: 3 x 6-8
+ calves

Arms 1
a1: CG Press: 10 x 5
a2: EZbar Curl: 10 x 5
b2: Incline EZbar Extensions: 3 x 6-8
b2: Reverse Curls (or DB Curls): 3 x 6-8
+ abs

Chest/Back 2
a1: Floor/Rack Press: 10 x 5
a2: BB Rows: 10 x 5
b1: DB Incline Press: 3 x 6-8
b2: WG Pullups: 3 x 6-8
+ shoulder rehab

Legs 2
a1: Hack Squats: 10 x 5
a2: Deadlifts: 10 x 5
b1: OH Squats: 3 x 6-8
b2: GHRs: 3 x 6-8
+ calves

Arms 2
a1: JM Presses: 10 x 5
a2: Hammer Curls: 10 x 5
b2: Cable Pushdowns: 3 x 6-8
b2: Machine Preacher Curls: 3 x 6-8
+ abs

What do you think bitches? :techn9ne:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good program, I like your exercise selections, but it's pretty grueling. Are you taking Havoc or any other.... ahem... supplements? I think this would be tough to do when in a calorie deficit as well.

I might recommend doing it something like:
Chest/back
legs
off
arms
off
Repeat....

Try and keep around 1-2 reps in the hole also from failure.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good program, I like your exercise selections, but it's pretty grueling. Are you taking Havoc or any other.... ahem... supplements? I think this would be tough to do when in a calorie deficit as well.

I might recommend doing it something like:
Chest/back
legs
off
arms
off
Repeat....

Try and keep around 1-2 reps in the hole also from failure.

I'm "ahem... supplement" free :keke:. If it gets a bit too much I might change it so it goes:
chest/back
arms
off
legs
chest/back

I'm also rarely in a calorie deficit with my appetite...:coolguy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS's suggestion gives you 3 days between heavy hard days, rather than 2 or 1.

The only time I've done GVT I was doing 10x10 for two (chest back, hammy quads, or variations) exercises and would pick 1-2 accessories (usually arms or calves). This looks like a better version. But I echo the idea that you need to be careful in weight selection.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
IS's suggestion gives you 3 days between heavy hard days, rather than 2 or 1.

The only time I've done GVT I was doing 10x10 for two (chest back, hammy quads, or variations) exercises and would pick 1-2 accessories (usually arms or calves). This looks like a better version. But I echo the idea that you need to be careful in weight selection.

I've done a similar program before, with a shoulder day instead of a leg day, and I managed that fairly well. But I am aware of how much more taxing it is going to be with the squats and deadlifts included so I'm going to consider making Wednesday a rest day. The program prescribes running a 10 day cycle, hitting each body part every 5 days but only repeating the same exercise every 10 days. With IS's split I would only be hitting each body part ever 7 days and this is considered insufficient. Without a rest day I would hit be hitting body parts ever 3-5 days and with a rest day it would be every 4-6 days. So these are my better choices I think. :xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Read again, my suggestion would hit each body part every 5 days, and every exercise every 10 days.
ie.
Monday: chest/back 1
Tuesday: legs
Weds: rest
Thursday: arms
Friday: rest
Saturday (5 days later): chest/back 2
Sunday: legs
Monday: rest
Tuesday: arms
Thursday (10 days later from the first day): chest/back 2

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
That looked very intresting!
I might check it out, how long is this done?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did AGVT for afew weeks before i started dieting for my october show

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did AGVT for afew weeks before i started dieting for my october show

What Dridderz is tryign to say is don't do it unless you wanna look small and girlsy like him self

Just kidding drid you are the fucking man. :xyxthumbs:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Read again, my suggestion would hit each body part every 5 days, and every exercise every 10 days.
ie.
Monday: chest/back 1
Tuesday: legs
Thursday: arms
Friday: rest
Saturday (5 days later): chest/back 2
Sunday: legs
Monday: rest
Tuesday: arms
Thursday (10 days later from the first day): chest/back 2

I get ya, thats the same sort of split that Poliquin prescribes. coolsanta Slight problem, I don't train weekends, so I have to work around that. :dunnodude:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get ya, thats the same sort of split that Poliquin prescribes. coolsanta Slight problem, I don't train weekends, so I have to work around that. :dunnodude:

ahh,.... this would throw a curveball in for sure.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
ahh,.... this would throw a curveball in for sure.

So I figure I'll just fuck myself up royally during the week and feel sorry for myself on the weekends. biggrinsanta

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have also tried this type of training, gave one hell of a pump. But i just didn't worked for me.
grt

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes it is hard work.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no I like training very hard, but rather than working out two hours
I would do powerlifting for an hour. It gave me much better results.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well best to qualify your statements in future rather than have us draw a natural conclusion. santawink