• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

US government gives Mexico $200M for anti-drug funding

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7764054.stm

The initiative is part of a $1.6bn (£1.1bn) US plan to help train and equip security forces and strengthen justice systems in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.

The aid has been held up for months, partly because US legislators were concerned that the money might end up in the hands of corrupt Mexican officials.

This is a prime example of why America fails at life.

We can give hundreds of million dollars to a corrupt Mexican government in hopes of stopping the never-ending drug trade.....meanwhile the entire US economy is collapsing.

edit: que the delusional anti-drug fucktards who think shit like this is a good idea.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard about this a few weeks ago. I think it started because there were some "insiders" at the U.S. Embassy (??). Either way, you don't fuck with Cartel.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the longer i've been on this site, the more and more i become anti american.

this is fucking absurd.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP

this is fucking absurd.
the most American thing you can do is think for yourself and question authority.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is just madness. Spending 200million to bailout an American company is bad enough as it is, nevermind just giving it to another country to use.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is just madness. Spending 200million to bailout an American company is bad enough as it is, nevermind just giving it to another country to use.

Madness?...... THIS IS AMERICAAAA!!!! Sorry I couldn't help myself.

If find this ridiculous, the country is sinking and you are sending 200M to mexico to stem drugs? First of all, to the Cartels that sell this shit 200M is chump change. The drug business is huge, this money, once it gets wasted on bureaucracy will not even come close to making a dent on the shit. Secondly stopping supply from one source only diversifies the market making it harder to stop, case and point; Napster. This is just a waste of money.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that 200 million isn't going to be worth anything soon anyways.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMAO 200M, the FBI and CIA in joint investigations have estimated the cartel to have a combined worth of over 100 billion dollars in the worldwide drug trade. yet we throw 200 million of our dollars while we are in an economic slump to.. pretty much gear up Mexican officals whom will be bribed to protect the cartel anyway.

Fucking ridiculous and like the scene in bigger faster stronger where he interviews the senator after that scene you just go..... WTF how did he get past the 8th grade let alone elected. And we wondering how shit like this gets approved.

(rant over)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
To be fair, we are really close to winning that war on drugs.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll keep saying it, this type of retarded-ness is a sign of the book of revelations

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the most American thing you can do is think for yourself and question authority.
True that. I keep wondering if the American people have the guts to stand up and fight for what we believe (believed?) in anymore. I wonder if we had a second Civil War type scenario if people would be willing to fight and die for their cause.

I'll keep saying it, this type of retarded-ness is a sign of the book of revelations
Agreed.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mexico better spend it fast, soon it will only be enough to afford a #3 meal at McDonald's. Super-sized ofcourse.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe they should look at the source of the problem we have with drugs and drug lords... OUR WAR ON DRUGS!

Same thing happened with Prohibition, the huge illegal blow back created a whole dangerous network of criminals. Guess the US does not learn from history :no: I mean hell, look at how we made all the mistakes world empires made that cause their collapse in record time. USA USA!

this is fucking absurd.

Don't become anti-american, that is just pessimistic and absurd in itself. You can have distaste for our government, like all of us and still have pride for your country. We are never going to fully agree with what any government does. It just so happens ours is making a laundry list of fuck ups.... :wutyousay:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i wouldn't want to live anywhere else. but still it's hard to really "like" this country once you find out what those in charge are doing. still though it is a great nation.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
think for yourself and question authority.
So Timothy Leary had it right all along.santasmile
Why doesn't the goverment legalize it all and start collecting some of that $100 billion.
If the drugs were Govt. regulated it would put the Cartel out of business. Like a walmart coming to town, bye bye Mom & Pop stores.

America is a great country because of the greatness of spirit of the people, not the govt.
When you feel frustrated just remember Bill Murray's speech in the movie Stripes. WFM.
We elect the stupidest among us(G.W. Bush) what do we expect.
"Stupid is, as stupid does" F. Gump.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i wouldn't want to live anywhere else. but still it's hard to really "like" this country once you find out what those in charge are doing. still though it is a great nation.

I'd say I'm more Anti-American Government than anything else. I love the foundation of this country and most of the people are good people in the U.S. but I hate most of the people who run America.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm all for America but fuck the government. Decisions like this makes me question the logic behind the people that run the country. I wish behind every decision each person behind the decision would give an explanation/report as to why they would do this or any other financial decision just to see what goes on (or doesn't go on) in their brains.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I'd say I'm more Anti-American Government than anything else. I love the foundation of this country and most of the people are good people in the U.S. but I hate most of the people who run America.
It's ironic that you like the American people, but hate the people who run it.

Who do you think votes for these people that run America?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's ironic that you like the American people, but hate the people who run it.

Who do you think votes for these people that run America?

Touche...but, you can't deny that there are a lot of good people in this country.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Touche...but, you can't deny that there are a lot of good people in this country.
good-hearted maybe. but most are politically retarded.