• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Incoporating the "Perfect Push-up" in your training

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm posting this to inform my MuscleMecca crew about incorporating the "perfect push-up" into you training. I started using the perfect push-up about 2 months ago, and since then I have noticed increases in my bench-press and my close-grip bench press.

At first I was able to rep 370lbs for 5 on bench press now I can get it for a good 8 reps.

On close-grip I can get 300 for 6

The workout:

My chest day is on Monday, so I do my perfect push-ups on Wednesday.

I do my triceps on Thursday along with the close-grip perfect push-ups

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is a "perfect push-up" ?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What have you been sold Natureboy?!?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What have you been sold Natureboy?!?

alnjth-1.jpg

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please be a joke....:ughfingers:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyway, could anyone tell me if I could do a little experiment and if it would be beneficial ?

Let's say I train chest really heavy with low sets on one day and some days later I train chest with lower weight, high repetition (for example weighted push-ups). Would this target all the muscle fibers of the pecs and make them grow like crazy ?

Is this what you were talking about Natureboy ?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Wtf is the "perfect push-up"?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i fucked that girl the way i would perform pushups last time..before that car accident.
awesome chest pump,

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Why the fuck doesn't he just do them on his knuckles then? Its the bloody same...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Those things rotate so that you can supinate your hands as you do the pushup. It is marketed as though it does something wonderfull for your chest, I'm skeptical as this motion is a minor part of the pec action.

But pushups are one of the best upper body exercises. Just don't see the point of having to buy something to do them with.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seeing as the main part of supination is performed by the biceps I dont see this as very advantageous compared to a regular pushup. I guess if the humerus really rotated it could make a slight difference but I imagine most of the pronation occurring when utilizing the perfect pushup is below this in the radius.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see some educated postings up here. It's always beneficial to step outside the box in your training sometimes, because it will keep your body guessing. This will result in gains that we all look. And if you don't like my posting, then keep it moving. I make posting about positive experiences about techniques i used to help others

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why the fuck doesn't he just do them on his knuckles then? Its the bloody same...

And no it's not the fucking bloody same. If you've actually tried it out you would know. You should be more open-minded instead of being an asshole...that's not a good look for anyone bro.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
And no it's not the fucking bloody same. If you've actually tried it out you would know. You should be more open-minded instead of being an asshole...that's not a good look for anyone bro.

At the time I did not know that the handles rotated as you moved. I thought it was just another version of those handles people use to keep their wrists straight but not do them on their knuckles.

And I might still be an arsehole in saying this but I still think they look like a load of crap. Just another money-wasting gimmick. As TJ posted, the real perfect push-up doesn't need fancy equipment.
:icon_smile_flipoff:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At the time I did not know that the handles rotated as you moved. I thought it was just another version of those handles people use to keep their wrists straight but not do them on their knuckles.

And I might still be an arsehole in saying this but I still think they look like a load of crap. Just another money-wasting gimmick. As TJ posted, the real perfect push-up doesn't need fancy equipment.
:icon_smile_flipoff:

They are only $19.99USD, that not much money bro for what you get. I'm only trying to share what it experienced to help others. It's not like I'm telling everyone to go out and buy it.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
They are only $19.99USD, that not much money bro for what you get. I'm only trying to share what it experienced to help others. It's not like I'm telling everyone to go out and buy it.

I wasn't suggesting that you were, I was just offering my opinion of the concept. I'm not a fan of all the silly fitness gadget you get these days. Gimme a barbell and some plates and I'm as a happy as a pig in mud. Throw in a bosu ball and I'll just get cranky.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wasn't suggesting that you were, I was just offering my opinion of the concept. I'm not a fan of all the silly fitness gadget you get these days. Gimme a barbell and some plates and I'm as a happy as a pig in mud. Throw in a bosu ball and I'll just get cranky.

I'm as old-school as they come just like you. About 90% of my training is with barbells and dumbbells on top of my training for the military. I feel that incorporating different things in your routine from time to time can be beneficial.
I understand where you are coming from though.