• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Developing a lower and full bicep!

grandmaster

grandmaster

Hi

I was wondering how to get my biceps to be full on the outer part of it! So far my inner bicep is right at the bottom but it lacks the longness and fullness.

What exercises should i perform for the perfect bicep!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
The best for your case is seated incline hammer curl, or the regular standing hammer curl.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Make your biceps and forearms bigger, period. Shape is so much genetic it's not worth worrying about.

grandmaster

grandmaster

I have nice peaky biceps:) wait thats just on the right hand:xmaswiggle:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What IS said is about all the advice you need. The shape of your biceps is set in stone. The bigger you get, the more pronounced that shape becomes. Train hard and smart and you will get the thick biceps you want in time.

grandmaster

grandmaster

Thanks to all the guys for helping me:)

I will definitely just keep on training the biceps and watch them grow over time

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As said before the "shape" of your muscle is predetermined due to genetics. For biceps you stretch then contract, unless performing an eccentric movement which I would recommend. Eccentric movements produce stronger "contractions" due to more cross bridging which leans to increases Z line streaming and ultimately hypertrophy.
A good movement would be straight bar preacher curls to emphasize your bicep brachi, come down to a complete stretch (not too much, there is a point where you over stretch your actin and myosin fibers and their velocity of contraction is reduced due to less initial cross bridges formed and/or could lead to injury) and then come up to a complete contraction. This is also a good exercise to emphasize on an eccentric contraction as well.

That exercise/movement helped me with the problem you mentioned. Good luck :tiphat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Thanks to all the guys for helping me:)

I will definitely just keep on training the biceps and watch them grow over time

Heavy curls and chins are your friends mate.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
would have to agree, genetics and also what you do, besides weight increase, i found out changing my routine every 3-4weeks and doing a different routine with biceps helps make them big, even without doing heavy curls etc.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The biceps themselves are a muscle not to worry about. Keep training hard pimp.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Be sure to include a movement with the upper arm in front of your upper body (IE, standing curl at the top of the movement) and one behind (IE, seated incline DB curl, as said above). And, to second (or third or fourth) IS, get bigger overall!

Powerlifter MB

Powerlifter MB

Cosign Kev, hit them with a few sets here and there and they'll grow. It's genetics man, and the shape of the bicep is how your's is; by that I mean having an inner thinkness but not out, that's just the shape of the muscle.

B

bigbenmarch

bicep curls without turning the weight so it sits at your side nicely, so the dumbel looks the same at the top of the motion as it does at the bottom
hammer curls, incline curls, preacher curls ect
just make sure you use a full range of motion. dont be like other guys in the gym missing the last 30 degrees of motion becuase you cant show off living heavy

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Please read a thread thoroughly before contributing, thanks.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I briefly touched on this, but, prioritizing your forearms could give an appearance of a larger "lower bicep" (and overall arm, for that matter).