• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bush announces auto rescue

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I knew something would get done, but it's still such BS. Let them die.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well imo having the all of the Big 3 die would be catastrophic to our future economy. BUT helping them with the billions of dollars is also fucking ridiculous, Like Rep Paul said it isn't right to take money from one group and give it to another.

We could easily just go umm the CIA needs new cars and give the car companies contracts to fulfill THAT way jobs are fulfilled. Car company gets govt money and we get something back in return, instead of a 10+ billion dollar bailout which the gov't isn't garenteed to get back while we are in a 5 trillion dollar deficet.

That in all practicallity means we are giving away money we really don't have.
We right now are just on awesome credit supported by a military and nuclear program aka our dick.

I just... i dunno fuck it.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Well imo having the all of the Big 3 die would be catastrophic to our future economy.
Give them the $14 Billion and they will die in 6 months.

Give them no money and they die now.

Either way they are going to die off. It's just do will really need to piss away more money for no reason.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well imo having the all of the Big 3 die would be catastrophic to our future economy. BUT helping them with the billions of dollars is also fucking ridiculous, Like Rep Paul said it isn't right to take money from one group and give it to another.

We could easily just go umm the CIA needs new cars and give the car companies contracts to fulfill THAT way jobs are fulfilled. Car company gets govt money and we get something back in return, instead of a 10+ billion dollar bailout which the gov't isn't garenteed to get back while we are in a 5 trillion dollar deficet.

That in all practicallity means we are giving away money we really don't have.
We right now are just on awesome credit supported by a military and nuclear program aka our dick.

I just... i dunno fuck it.

America spending money it doesn't physically have? That is an absurd insinuation.

bernanke-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at least they're loaning money they already established for wallstreet, meaning, they're not loaning any more money out they weren't going to already to wall street. if they're going to give financial aid this is the best way to do it, and not set aside another whole program for the auto makers, take the money you already set aside for wall street and divy it out.

The loans are for three years, but the money will have to be repaid in full within 30 days if the firms do not show themselves to be viable by March 31.

this is encouraging. i think republicans are fed up with these loans and if the unions don't concede, i think they will let them die.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
at least they're loaning money they already established for wallstreet, meaning, they're not loaning any more money out they weren't going to already to wall street. if they're going to give financial aid this is the best way to do it, and not set aside another whole program for the auto makers, take the money you already set aside for wall street and divy it out.
my two problems are:

1. Clearly Wallstreet didn't "need" all that $700B if Bush can so easily give $14B away for something else.

2. The American people are against the bailouts, the Senate voted against the auto bailouts, yet Bush again does whatever the fuck he wants.

I can't wait for this country to collapse. It'll be simply lulzerful.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my two problems are:

1. Clearly Wallstreet didn't "need" all that $700B if Bush can so easily give $14B away for something else.

2. The American people are against the bailouts, the Senate voted against the auto bailouts, yet Bush again does whatever the fuck he wants.

I can't wait for this country to collapse. It'll be simply lulzerful.

you're a smart guy, but your inability to see the thought process of others that have differing opinions that yourself and just automatically claim them to be wrong is what's lulzerful. this nation would likely head into depression if these companies failed, and would have a rippling effect on the rest of the world. our foriegn policy will be the one thing that has the possibility to do us in, not this. the rest of the world is too invested in us for us to fail in the way you think we will. we may be weakened, but we won't fail.

i do agree with you though about the house and senate being a joke though.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you're a smart guy, but your inability to see the thought process of others that have differing opinions that yourself and just automatically claim them to be wrong is what's lulzerful. this nation would likely head into depression if these companies failed, and would have a rippling effect on the rest of the world. our foriegn policy will be the one thing that has the possibility to do us in, not this. the rest of the world is too invested in us for us to fail in the way you think we will. we may be weakened, but we won't fail.

i do agree with you though about the house and senate being a joke though.

It's illegal, and the majority of people are against it. This is tyranny.

Things are going to get worse when they still fail. They'll be required to "pay it back"? How can they pay back something they don't have? Who in their right mind is going to buy a car from Chrysler, Ford or GM now, knowing how shaky they are?

The American empire is going down, and fast. America would be absolutely mental if it allowed its government to try and bully China. Unlike what it did to Japan pre WW2, China could economically cripple America with the drop of a hat.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's illegal, and the majority of people are against it. This is tyranny.

Things are going to get worse when they still fail. They'll be required to "pay it back"? How can they pay back something they don't have? Who in their right mind is going to buy a car from Chrysler, Ford or GM now, knowing how shaky they are?

The American empire is going down, and fast. America would be absolutely mental if it allowed its government to try and bully China. Unlike what it did to Japan pre WW2, China could economically cripple America with the drop of a hat.

i agree with the notion that someone would have to be off to buy something from GM or chrysler, ford not so much, they would still have survived without the bailout.

your statment that the american empire is going down fast is excessively pessimistic and why i'm sometimes reluctant to tell others i'm a ron paul supporter, because they generalize them as overly pessimistic (and no, don't counter with realistic), we're not going down anytime soon, at least not without taking a good chunk of everyone else down with us anyways.

and one question, how could china cripple us without in turn hurting themselves?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and one question, how could china cripple us without in turn hurting themselves?

They can't, but it's almost like in fight club, where Edward Norton has to shoot himself in the head to kill Tyler Durden. Hurts him a lot, kills the evil creature. coolsanta

Really, I'm only talking about if by chance America ever threatened Nuclear war against China, then they'd do it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They can't, but it's almost like in fight club, where Edward Norton has to shoot himself in the head to kill Tyler Durden. Hurts him a lot, kills the evil creature. coolsanta

Really, I'm only talking about if by chance America ever threatened Nuclear war against China, then they'd do it.

ok, but i mean, aren't we in a pretty decent position with china right now? why are you even bringing this up? i know i get a lot of my information from the american media, but am i missing something?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxbusiness-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fullPlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='FOX Business' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fullPlayer&categoryTitle=undefined&referralObject=3341084' />

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok, but i mean, aren't we in a pretty decent position with china right now? why are you even bringing this up? i know i get a lot of my information from the american media, but am i missing something?

It was just to illustrate that America isn't going to be the world's superpower much longer.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was just to illustrate that America isn't going to be the world's superpower much longer.

Well that ride didn't last long now did it? I don't see anyone taking up the position just yet. China's Yen is rather weak and not worth much to create a global economic hegemony. Possibly the EU but they have shown to be just as unstable as us and make the same decisions thus far. Should be an interesting rest of my life santaton

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canada offers $3.29B auto bailout

TORONTO (AP) — The federal and Ontario governments will provide the Canadian subsidiaries of the Detroit Three automakers with $3.29 billion in emergency loans, the prime minister said Saturday.

The announcement follows a pledge Friday by U.S. President George W. Bush to offer $17.4 billion in emergency loans to General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canada giving us money is actually a good move, cause the way i've seen our government act and perform it's only going to be a matter of time before we find another country and takes it's resources. I think having iron would be nice.