• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Perdiction: Medical marijuana Legal coast to coast By 2021

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fwq9uv-1.jpg

Medical marijuana is an idea whose time has come.

The recent overwhelming victory for legalizing medicinal pot in Michigan (63 percent in favor!) is the latest eloquent testimonial to that fact.

What this shows is that the American public is completely ready to accept medical marijuana into the mainstream where it belongs. Most people no longer buy the threadbare, alarmist nonsense being peddled out of D.C. by the Office for National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP); more and more families know at least one patient who has experienced the palliative properties of pot. The hysteria and moral bankruptcy of the Reefer Madness crowd has been exposed for what it is -- superstition and silliness, the irrational fear of a non-toxic herb.

The victory in Michigan was so complete that every single county in the state voted to legalize medical marijuana.

With the victory in Michigan, well more than a quarter of the population of the United States now lives in states (there are now 13 of them) where medical marijuana is legal.

Michigan reinforces the now-obvious fact that a well-written law, backed with a well-crafted and well-financed campaign (thank you, MPP!) can not only get medical marijuana legalized on a state-by-state basis, but can do so with the overwhelming, super-majority support of voters.

Of the 11 states plus the District of Columbia that have put cannabis medicine to a vote since 1996, 10 states plus D.C. passed medical marijuana, with only South Dakota defeating the measure with 48% support. The other measures passed with votes from 54% to 69%. (1996: CA 56%, AZ 65%; 1998 OR 55%, WA 59%, AK 58%, DC 69%; 1999 ME 61%; 2000 CO 54%, NV 65%; 2004 MT 62%; 2006 SD 48%; 2008 MI 63%. Arizona’s and DC’s laws are inoperable, though, since Arizona relies on federal prescriptions and the District of Columbia was blocked from implementing the law by the Barr Amendment, authored and pushed through by conservative Georgia Republican Congressman Bob Barr, who in 2008 tried to reinvent himself as a Libertarian presidential candidate.)

In Rhode Island, medical marijuana was legalized through the legislative process rather than through a voter initiative. In 2006, the Rhode Island House overrode a veto by Gov. Don Carcieri, 59-13, allowing people with illnesses such as cancer and AIDS to grow up to 12 marijuana plants or buy 2.5 ounces of marijuana to relieve their symptoms. Those who do are required to register with the state and get an identification card.

According to Bruce Mirken, director of communications at the Marijuana Policy Project, the medical marijuana laws of Hawaii, Vermont and New Mexico were also passed through their state legislatures. MPP's detailed compendium of state medical marijuana laws is very useful: http://www.mpp.org/legislation/state-by-state-medical-marijuana-laws.html

25qqjok-1.jpg

Illustration: NORML

According to a 2004 poll conducted by AARP, 72 percent of respondents agreed with the statement, "Adults should be allowed to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if a physician recommends it."

The task now before us in the medical marijuana community is to get well-written initiatives on the ballot in the 37 states that do not currently allow legal pot use by qualifying patients. At this point, it's only a matter of having the will and the financial means to do so.

Reality Catcher predicts this will happen over the next dozen years; the process will pick up even more momentum as it acquires an air of righteous inevitability. By 2021, patients from coast to coast in the United States will at last be able to legally choose and use the medicine that is most effective in providing relief from their pain and nausea.

Yes, even back in my home state of Alabama, a change is gonna come. One of my personal ambitions is to smoke one of the first legal joints in the Heart of Dixie with Loretta Nall and Christie O'Brien and the rest of those wonderful and brave folks at Alabamians for Compassionate Care.

Only after a majority of the states have medical marijuana laws of their own will the federal government finally come around; it seems there's a serious shortage of backbone in D.C. when it comes to progressive drug laws. But sanity and compassion is eventually going to happen on the federal level, too. (One hopes at least that the incoming President holds true to his pledge to end federal raids on patients and providers in states which have legalized medical marijuana.)

Think of it -- the sheer madness of arresting and jailing sick people and those kind and brave enough to provide them with their medicine will end. The long nightmare will finally be over. The sick and the dying won't have to worry about having the doors kicked in and their homes raided by gung-ho law enforcement agents who've watched a few too many episodes of Cops.

Change is coming to America.

Resources For Michigan Medical Marijuana Patients

Michigan Dept. of Health - Medical Marihuana Program

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association

Michigan Coalition for Compassionate Care

The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation - Michigan (THCF Medical Clinics)

Marijuana Policy Project: Michigan Medical Marijuana Law Now In Effect
Posted by ☮~alapoet~☠ at 1:07 AM
Labels: medical marijuana, Michigan, united states

Source http://realitycatcher-alapoet.blogspot.com

Kanav

Kanav

fucking hell. To make MEDICAL marijuana legal in the US by 2021?!

What the fuck is wrong with the states and their bullshit war on drugs.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fucking hell. To make MEDICAL marijuana legal in the US by 2021?!

What the fuck is wrong with the states and their bullshit war on drugs.

You are aware that there are prescription drugs that are a lot worse then cannabis and sometime show no benefit right? (Although I personally believe the war on drugs is bad)

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Legalize and tax all drugs.

problem solved.

"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom..."

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ Now,Here's John with the weather.
Long live Bill Hicks! santasmile
It would be the ultimate Legal and taxable natural commodity, I mean wasn't are country founded on? Just Look at how many acres the founding father's had of Hemp. I remain hopeful.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
We could start with marijuana, but ideally I'd like to see every drug legal. (That won't happen during my lifetime, but it doesn't mean we have to give up)

Doing away with federal drug laws would be a huge step in the right direction.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We could start with marijuana, but ideally I'd like to see every drug legal. (That won't happen during my lifetime, but it doesn't mean we have to give up)

Doing away with federal drug laws would be a huge step in the right direction.

ive never smoked pot or anything. i could careless if people smoke it. but i think steroids should be legalized before any illusional type drug.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech, are you sure about legalizing all drugs ?

Shit, marihuana is ok since it does less damage than alcohol. But heroine and cocaine ? We might just as well sell guns and poison to... oh wait.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP

Shit, marihuana is ok since it does less damage than alcohol. But heroine and cocaine ? We might just as well sell guns and poison to... oh wait.
It's all about personal responsibility.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea but some drugs upon use, totally delude a person's responsiblity like shrooms and acid take a hit and the front door turns into star or snakes, was actually a bunch of marios yea rad hat Nentindo Mario.

And in some cases people can be drowning thinkign they are in a field of flows and start smelling them. But weed is more harmless than most multi vitamins.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tripping is fun. Shrooms rule! Been around since the dawn of man. Pre-dates Christianity.
Just like everything else though, control and safety are paramount.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

tech is wright on this one,if someone wants to take heroin its his responsibility,if he can get it legal from some clinic for addicted people then he wont need to sell heroin to others so he can make his dose,there for less people will get addicted and we wont have drug dealers making millions from selling heroin

Most of the people realize how harmfull drugs can be so even if their legal that doesnt mean that more people will use drugs,not more that already do

Kanav

Kanav

You are aware that there are prescription drugs that are a lot worse then cannabis and sometime show no benefit right? (Although I personally believe the war on drugs is bad)

I know, Im agreeing with you here. I think the date set is ridiculous tho. In MORE than another decade before some type of rationale kicks in

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea but some drugs upon use, totally delude a person's responsiblity like shrooms and acid take a hit and the front door turns into star or snakes, was actually a bunch of marios yea rad hat Nentindo Mario.

And in some cases people can be drowning thinkign they are in a field of flows and start smelling them. But weed is more harmless than most multi vitamins.

LSD taken at the right dose is better for you than smoking pot.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Drugs, food, water, beer....they can all have fatal affects if excessively consumed.

As always, I agree with Tech. Our personal freedoms will always be in jeopardy if we feel like the government needs to babysit us our entire lives.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Drugs, food, water, beer....they can all have fatal affects if excessively consumed.

As always, I agree with Tech. Our personal freedoms will always be in jeopardy if we feel like the government needs to babysit us our entire lives.

Keep in mind i have not done the research on the topic but i do have feelings based off of how i have seen people act.

So here is my question for you: Do you think that people have the ability to control themselves enough for this to be safe considering that most cannot put down a bottle of beer? I do know these are two different things.

I am not debating you i would simply like to see your thoughts on these questions.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Keep in mind i have not done the research on the topic but i do have feelings based off of how i have seen people act.

So here is my question for you: Do you think that people have the ability to control themselves enough for this to be safe considering that most cannot put down a bottle of beer? I do know these are two different things.

I am not debating you i would simply like to see your thoughts on these questions.
If you're asking if people can control themselves while on drugs, then the answer is yes.

Any drug can be used in a responsible manner or at least in a manner that doesn't infringe on other people rights.

Don't buy into the drug propaganda.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all about personal responsibility.

yes, and most people have none.

you can't legalize drugs like heroine and meth. period. the government isn't attempting to "control" us with laws like this, they're doing what's best for soceity.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes, and most people have none.

you can't legalize drugs like heroine and meth. period. the government isn't attempting to "control" us with laws like this, they're doing what's best for soceity.

How about when the government taps your phones and looks at what you're doing on the internet? That's what they think is best for society too, right?

I think that we need to start by legalizing drugs like weed, hash, probably even coke. Then, after seeing how that works out, looking at the other ones.