• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Police arrest innocent 12 year old for prostitution

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is just absolutely sickening.... what is happening to America?

It was a little before 8 at night when the breaker went out at Emily Milburn's home in Galveston. She was busy preparing her children for school the next day, so she asked her 12-year-old daughter, Dymond, to pop outside and turn the switch back on.

As Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me."

Dymond grabbed onto a tree and started screaming, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." One of the men covered her mouth. Two of the men beat her about the face and throat.

As it turned out, the three men were plain-clothed Galveston police officers who had been called to the area regarding three white prostitutes soliciting a white man and a black drug dealer.

All this is according to a lawsuit filed in Galveston federal court by Milburn against the officers. The lawsuit alleges that the officers thought Dymond, an African-American, was a hooker due to the "tight shorts" she was wearing, despite not fitting the racial description of any of the female suspects. The police went to the wrong house, two blocks away from the area of the reported illegal activity...

So you'd think that after the police figured out they had the wrong house, they'd apologize, and possibly even compensate the girl and her family. According to the lawsuit, you'd be wrong:

After the incident, Dymond was hospitalized and suffered black eyes as well as throat and ear drum injuries.

Three weeks later, according to the lawsuit, police went to Dymond's school, where she was an honor student, and arrested her for assaulting a public servant. Griffin says the allegations stem from when Dymond fought back against the three men who were trying to take her from her home. The case went to trial, but the judge declared it a mistrial on the first day, says Griffin. The new trial is set for February.

I have a call into the Galveston district attorney and with Dymond Milburn's lawyer. We're going on a press account of one side of a lawsuit, here. So it's possible—and I would hope—that there are some important details missing.

Otherwise, a police mistake leads to an innocent 12-year-old getting violently snatched up and roughed up by a group of plainclothes cops jumping out of a van . . . and they charge her for resisting?

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I feel safer knowing the police are out catching prostitutes.

I can sleep easier at night.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck the police madsanta
if this was my daughter, i would beat the shit out of those stupid cops :no:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FACEPALM.jpg

God damn it world, you never fail to fail.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
o0xzr4-1.jpg

P

power

fuck the police madsanta
if this was my daughter, i would beat the shit out of those stupid cops :no:

I concur, police are assholes, i can't fucking stand them!

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here comes the stereotyping brigade.

Yes, since some cops are dirty that means all cops are pieces of shit.

:rolleyes:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wtf.... I would have killed all three of them for that, nvm I would have made them parapalegic.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
This is horrible. Absolutely fuckin stupid.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here comes the stereotyping brigade.

Yes, since some cops are dirty that means all cops are pieces of shit.

:rolleyes:

Yes all cops are pieces of shit, which is why they are stereotyped :rofl3:

Seriously though; these sorts of incidents just show how insular different police organisations (precincts, etc) can be. Their first response to making a mistake is to make sure no-one questions the mistaken arrest by laying assault charges. "What innocent person assaults officers?"

It is shit like this that gives cops a bad rap, and until this sort of thing is disowned by the police community themselves, instead of giving it the benefit of the doubt and protecting their own, then the sterotype will live on.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes all cops are pieces of shit, which is why they are stereotyped :rofl3:

Seriously though; these sorts of incidents just show how insular different police organisations (precincts, etc) can be. Their first response to making a mistake is to make sure no-one questions the mistaken arrest by laying assault charges. "What innocent person assaults officers?"

It is shit like this that gives cops a bad rap, and until this sort of thing is disowned by the police community themselves, instead of giving it the benefit of the doubt and protecting their own, then the sterotype will live on.

good post. the main problem with the police force is that they will almost never admit fault and ALWAYS protect their own even if they don't deserve to be protected. until this changes, as tim says, this sterotype will always be there. and not necessarily wrongly so.

Bhana

Bhana

lol and they still have the balls to rearrest her for assault!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good post. the main problem with the police force is that they will almost never admit fault and ALWAYS protect their own even if they don't deserve to be protected. until this changes, as tim says, this sterotype will always be there. and not necessarily wrongly so.

Actually great reasoning behind this, say me a officer within the month for example arrested 5 criminals and a serial killer gathered and evidence THEN testified in court.

Then beacuse im human and had a rash and strange time of stupidity and arrested a 12 yr old girl for proable prositution, assault her etc... etc... EVEN THOUGH I know i am at fault by declaring publically I did th wrong thing lawyers for the criminal I had already arrested can call mistrial discesion on the criminals already convicted and they can be released.

Same as if I was found corrupt, every criminal I arrested would go free based on his arrest was made by a corrupt officer and all convictions become overturned.

Although stupid I can understand the reasoning, since I will be a cop in the near future lol.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hope not, find another job bro :rofl3:

Why it's always a gareentee there will always be cops needed I will always have a job somewhere, crime never goes away plus I get 26-32k entry level.
Health benefits, a gun, uniform etc.
My family will have health benefits, 401k and I only need a high school diploma.... why would I look for another career seriously lol.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually great reasoning behind this, say me a officer within the month for example arrested 5 criminals and a serial killer gathered and evidence THEN testified in court.

Then beacuse im human and had a rash and strange time of stupidity and arrested a 12 yr old girl for proable prositution, assault her etc... etc... EVEN THOUGH I know i am at fault by declaring publically I did th wrong thing lawyers for the criminal I had already arrested can call mistrial discesion on the criminals already convicted and they can be released.

Same as if I was found corrupt, every criminal I arrested would go free based on his arrest was made by a corrupt officer and all convictions become overturned.

Although stupid I can understand the reasoning, since I will be a cop in the near future lol.
The greater good argument gets thrown around a lot.

All the cops in this situation needed to do was take a minute and realise that something was wrong with this picture. Wrong address, wrong age and colour of suspect, girl was in her family residence......... All they had to do was think it through a bit.

Now that they have fucked up though doesn't warrant any change to other criminal proceedings. Maybe some more court time and waste of money, but criminals shouldn't go free.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The greater good argument gets thrown around a lot.

All the cops in this situation needed to do was take a minute and realise that something was wrong with this picture. Wrong address, wrong age and colour of suspect, girl was in her family residence......... All they had to do was think it through a bit.

Now that they have fucked up though doesn't warrant any change to other criminal proceedings. Maybe some more court time and waste of money, but criminals shouldn't go free.

Exactly my opinion, if there was a way to punish the officers without contridicting their competence as officers of the law in past situation i'd say go for it, but I'ma have to argue for the greater good in this.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hope not, find another job bro :rofl3:

whats wrong with being a cop?

Why it's always a gareentee there will always be cops needed I will always have a job somewhere, crime never goes away plus I get 26-32k entry level.
Health benefits, a gun, uniform etc.
My family will have health benefits, 401k and I only need a high school diploma.... why would I look for another career seriously lol.

that beats working at burger king. do it bro! i think you'd be a good cop.