• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Inglourious Basterds Storms Into Summer

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By Rafe Telsch: 2009-01-01 17:27:20

Inglourious Basterds Storms Into Summer Quentin Tarantino isn’t exactly a summer kind of guy. While there’s no denying the popularity of his movies, they tend to have more of a cult following than a mainstream one. Most of his movies have seen off-season releases, from Pulp Fiction (October) to Grindhouse (that horribly planned Easter weekend release date). The Weinsteins have something else lined up for Tarantino’s next film, however, as the director enters into the realm of the blockbuster.

Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, a World War II epic about a group of Jewish-American soldiers, will open August 21st according to Variety, with oversea release dates to be announced soon. That’s quite a vote of confidence for Tarantino’s picture, although I think it might have more to do with cast members like Brad Pitt than the director.

That release date puts Inglourious Basterds up against Final Destination: Death Trip 3D, which means the World War II picture is potentially taking over that weekend. It just depends on how much of an audience there is for watching Jewish soldiers hunt down Nazis. I will say it certainly can’t be worse than putting a similar story up during Christmas.

Reactions: TalkAdmin