• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

keeping size

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im going back into the military probably to finish my 20. ill be PTing probably twice a week(thats if its anything like the marines). ill try to skip it as much as i can. i have trouble keeping size when it comes to running and bullshit. should i just increase calories a day? in the army its possible but ive been getting alot of shit lately cause they weighed me and they said i was over weight :keke: i weighed in at 200lbs and 5'9 they said for the army standards i was over weight but im at around 8% BF, but when i get in they cant really do anything about that. i want to know if theres a way to bulk and still be able to do my PFT? which is just running, push ups, and crunches. would being heavier slow me down?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Calories in vs. calories out. Its possible but it will be difficult.

edit: Shouldnt be too hard if its just some running, push ups, and crunches a couple times a week. Just put yourself in surplus and youll be fine.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your muscle it wont slow you down to be heavier really. The bulk in your legs will actually help you build more speed. If you have to do your pt early in the morning make sure you get calories in before doing it. Just eat a lot you'll be good to go and if nothing else it will increase your cardio endurance and that might help you in the weight room.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Calories in vs. calories out. Its possible but it will be difficult.

edit: Shouldnt be too hard if its just some running, push ups, and crunches a couple times a week. Just put yourself in surplus and youll be fine.

running isnt alot either. pft you only got to do 2 miles, in the marine corps its 3miles.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your muscle it wont slow you down to be heavier really. The bulk in your legs will actually help you build more speed. If you have to do your pt early in the morning make sure you get calories in before doing it. Just eat a lot you'll be good to go and if nothing else it will increase your cardio endurance and that might help you in the weight room.

just gotto wake up early and have like 500-1000 calories haha

i dont think the PT thing is gonna last long while doing my job i doubt im gonna be PTing.