• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DEXTER JACKSON ABOUT HIS PREPARATION FOR THE 2009 OLYMPIA

2009 Olympia... 240 pounds Dexter... What do you think?

• He can win the 2009 O

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No chance... He will be dethroned

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is there anything different that you are going to try and do for the 2009 Mr Olympia. You are known as the most consistant pro conditioning wise and have well rounded physique. Will you keep it "the same" so to speak or are you and your trainer Joe McNeal going to make some changes?

Dexter
I'm not going to do anything different this year. I just wanna add about five pounds of muscle with my same condition and we'll see what happens. I will tell you this though. Joe and I have parted ways so I will be doing my own prep this year.

Well guys... I know is too early for predictions... but it's interesting, he is planning to be 240 pounds onstage... It's enough to win the O?.... just to remember Joe Macneal isn't more his coach...this time Victor Martinez and Kai Greene will compete... and Jay, Phil and Wolf will be back after one year of preparation

_H4X5936-1.jpg

_H4X6360-1.jpg

_H4X2969-1.jpg

_H4X3174-1.jpg

_M2X0319-1.jpg

_47I1728_QVWZXBBLKC-1.jpg

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He had his deserved O but I dont see him getting another one!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jesus his bdb is the best out of the bunch IMO

If he can add some good quality mass and come at his all time best conditioning i dont c why not....but it will be close to impossible to repeat...too many contenders..

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No chance... He will be dethroned. He'll finish in 3rd- 4th

Light weight

Light weight

Phil is the next Mr. O!!!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hard to say really from this far out from 2009 Olympia,
but i would say Dexter is going to have to hard to defend his title with the Upcoming improvements from the following bodybuilders that will be right on his tail to steal it away.

Cutler
Heath
Victor
Wolf
Kai

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

wats with kai's shoulders?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay or Phil, 2009 Mr Olympia.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
It will be really hard for dex to get another one.

Cutler will be back better hopefully and Dex dont beat Cutler when he is on.
Victor will be back probably better then both
Phil will be back fighting it out with Victor
Wolf will be back fighting it out with Cutler.

With realistic improvments I think it can look like this.

1.Victor/Heath
2.Heath/Victor
3.Cutler
4.Dexter/Wolf
5.Wolf/Dexter

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heath will be Dexter's successor, guaranteed. Kai will never become Mr. Olympia, and Victor will have to be significantly amped in order to surpass the flame Heath's got going, Looking forward to this year's events!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jay winning again is wishful thinking. the judges selecting dexter was a step in the right direction and they have been receiving loads of praise from both critics and magazines for their selection. they're not about to take 3 huge steps backwards and give it to jay. even if he is "on" (which he's proven to us the last two years he won't be) he still has glaring symmetry issues and the most unappealing physique of pretty much every entrant in the Olympia.

guys like phil, wolf, and victor are part of the new breed of awesome size and pleasing aesthetics. jay can't hang anymore.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its going to be an interesting olympia. alot of competition! cant wait to see what everyone is going to bring!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jay winning again is wishful thinking. the judges selecting dexter was a step in the right direction and they have been receiving loads of praise from both critics and magazines for their selection. they're not about to take 3 huge steps backwards and give it to jay. even if he is "on" (which he's proven to us the last two years he won't be) he still has glaring symmetry issues and the most unappealing physique of pretty much every entrant in the Olympia.

guys like phil, wolf, and victor are part of the new breed of awesome size and pleasing aesthetics. jay can't hang anymore.

Duality, man, get real. His "glaring symmetry issues" were there back in 2006, when he won. His "unappealing phisique" was there since 2001 when he unoficially beat the best bodybuilder ever.

All Mecca know you hate his phisique, yeah, but man, you are then twosend times more biased than am I.

Dex won because he looked awesome, Jay was off and his arms were too small.

I'll ask you a question, do you really believe Dexter would have beat him if Jay showed his 2006 phisique? I do not.

SID2008

SID2008

There is so many good top notch pro's for 2009, its gonna be a toss up to me on who had the necessary improvements. Dexter will be different and better than last year O but, who knows really.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I'll ask you a question, do you really believe Dexter would have beat him if Jay showed his 2006 phisique? I do not.

I think the top 3 could have been...

1. Cutler
2. Phil
3. Dex

...If Jay was like 06 or better....Cause Phil was better then Dex this year imo, not by much though

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality, man, get real. His "glaring symmetry issues" were there back in 2006, when he won. His "unappealing phisique" was there since 2001 when he unoficially beat the best bodybuilder ever.

All Mecca know you hate his phisique, yeah, but man, you are then twosend times more biased than am I.

Dex won because he looked awesome, Jay was off and his arms were too small.

if he looked like he did in 2001 i would not be harping on the man one bit. he looked incredible there and his physique was far from unappealing. he has been on a steady downward trend ever since. this is highlighted by his terrible thigh symmetry and his very apparent bicep asymmetry in the FDB shot that has been getting more visible every year. that and he is getting more blocky in the waist area too. you can't say i'm making this up.

and no, his thighs were not as bad in 2006 and his conditioning and color were very good as well. that coupled with ronnies very bad symmetry in his lats and triceps gave jay the win.

if you read any of the bbing magazines you'll see the fan approval and critic approval is quite high. this is reflected in the fact that the judges are finally requiring aesthitics be intertwined with size. something that wolf, victor, kai, and phil do quite well. jay, unless he can revive his 2001 self, cannot hang. the only way a guy with a lot of mass and poor aesthitics can do well is if he comes in with awesome conditioning and detail (see: branch warren) if there not brining conditioning to the table then they have no chance.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heath will be Dexter's successor, guaranteed. Kai will never become Mr. Olympia, and Victor will have to be significantly amped in order to surpass the flame Heath's got going, Looking forward to this year's events!

I agree. Heath seems the likely successor. Dex is likely to be a stepping stone to a reward for more aesthetics and a move away from mass and distended guts. Although funnier things have happened. :bitenails:

Also agree that Kai will never win an Olympia, regardless of how good his physique is. Vic might be a contender, but he has to surpass Heath, not be his equal.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Jay still has a shot to be competitive if he comes in like he did in 05 or 06 but what will likely happen will be a showdown between Phil and Victor.... I dont think Dex can beat Vic at 100% and Phil will most likely come to the O a bit bigger with the same great conditioning. Dex lets the Sandow go in 09...... Just my 2cents.