• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BODYBUILDER SHAUN DAVIS - KIDNEY TRANSPLANT

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bbc news:LINK
VIDEO: LINK

gallery4.jpg

Bodybuilder makes donor appeal

A former body-building champion from Derbyshire has taken up a new challenge which could save lives.

Shaun "Dinosaur" Davis, 42, from Long Eaton, won the titles of Mr Universe, Mr Europe and Mr Britain before kidney failure ended his bodybuilding career.

He recently underwent a kidney transplant at Nottingham City Hospital after being on the waiting list for about three years.

He is now urging more people to sign up to the transplant donor register.

'Broken to tears'

"It really hammers it home, since the transplant, that more and more people are desperate for kidneys and there are people out there who are dying waiting for kidneys," Mr Davis said.

Transplant co-ordinator at Nottingham City Hospital Richard Bowen said: "There are over 8,000 people in the UK who would benefit from an organ transplant.

"At this very moment, 7,000 of those are waiting for a kidney transplant."

Mr Davis is waiting to see if his body will accept the new kidney following the operation about a week ago, but for the moment he is delighted not to have to undergo regular dialysis.

His eight-year-old daughter Harley even wrote a letter thanking Father Christmas.

Mr Davis said: "That broke me to tears because she's been praying for a kidney for her daddy and she asked for one last Christmas and it didn't come."

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man hope everything goes good for him and his body dosent reject the new organ.... Best of luck to him and his family.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope everything goes well for him and his family.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sad thing to her, hope he recovers well

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His right tricep was out of this world! OMG!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hope it all works out :)

CombBoy

CombBoy

Poor guys. Hope he fully recovers.