• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 MM Awards - Best Non-Bodybuilding Thread

What was the best OT thread of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
And the nominees are...

• Rocky's Training Masterclass
  • All Science vs. Religion Threads
  • lolcats
  • 9/11 Debunked
  • Ironslave's top 10 greatest athletes ever

Polls will be open for three days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^:no:

i vote for Rocky's Training Masterclass, it is the shit :rofl3:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky's masterclass thread is the first thread that pops in my mind when I think of any thread in 08....

... unlike last year's tie :disgust:, he deserves this one

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm voting for Rocky's Masterclass too, but the religion vs science threads were lots of fun as well.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Rocky's Training Masterclass is lights out, game over, best non-bodybuilding thread.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky's Training masterclass thread gets my vote
i hope he makes more videos lulz

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky all the way.

The religion vs science threads prove that too many people are allowed opinions without having to have any actual knowledge on the subject. Thus they are annoying.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky all the way.

The religion vs science threads prove that too many people are allowed opinions without having to have any actual knowledge on the subject. Thus they are annoying.

lol

what's annoying is some of you accosting guys like serb for having an opinion/belief in something that he has strong faith in and isn't preaching to you about it but rather defending himself while others try to push their aetheistic views on others.

it's funny how it is rarely the religious ones preaching about their beliefs, but the atheists down talking the religious and the religious ones simply defending themselves.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what's annoying is some of you accosting guys like serb for having an opinion/belief in something that he has strong faith in and isn't preaching to you about it but rather defending himself while others try to push their aetheistic views on others.
I think you will find that most religious views posted come from very little actual understanding of religion. I have faith in spaggetti monster, doesn't mean I can preach or defend my beliefs because I haven't studied up on the spagetti monster. (for the record I have studied christian religion)
it's funny how it is rarely the religious ones preaching about their beliefs, but the atheists down talking the religious and the religious ones simply defending themselves.
I don't know to which threads you refer but I would say that both sides preach at each other as though they know something. At least the science argument has some identifiable factual backing. Not that this stops some from posting against religion without any actual understanding of science.

The most laughable thing is when religion is "proved" with science. Creationist science dogma has no place anywhere; not in religion nor in science.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you will find that most religious views posted come from very little actual understanding of religion. I have faith in spaggetti monster, doesn't mean I can preach or defend my beliefs because I haven't studied up on the spagetti monster. (for the record I have studied christian religion)

I don't know to which threads you refer but I would say that both sides preach at each other as though they know something. At least the science argument has some identifiable factual backing. Not that this stops some from posting against religion without any actual understanding of science.

The most laughable thing is when religion is "proved" with science. Creationist science dogma has no place anywhere; not in religion nor in science.

even though personally i view the bible more as you and guys like IS do, i still respect it and the people who study it and use it to help themselves lead a better life. i know the counterpoint IS uses is that religion has done far more evil than it has good, and i agree, but i just don't like how the atheists will belittle or down talk the religious ones on here.

and just because no one has studied up on God (i don't know how you'd go about this anyways) doesn't mean you can't defend your belief in Him. certain events in my life have lead me to unequivocally believe in Him, and if i don't back it up with science then i'm sorry but someone's beliefs don't ALWAYS need to be proven with factual evidence and those who do carry these beliefs don't deserve to be told they are wrong.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and just because no one has studied up on God (i don't know how you'd go about this anyways) doesn't mean you can't defend your belief in Him. certain events in my life have lead me to unequivocally believe in Him, and if i don't back it up with science then i'm sorry but someone's beliefs don't ALWAYS need to be proven with factual evidence and those who do carry these beliefs don't deserve to be told they are wrong.

I would like to hear some of those "events", most people who tell me these events like your speaking of can be explained by science or just plain luck. However, like most of humanity we like to look to a higher power as the answer. Have we really not come that far not only in society but as an intelligent species as well?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like to hear some of those "events", most people who tell me these events like your speaking of can be explained by science or just plain luck. However, like most of humanity we like to look to a higher power as the answer. Have we really not come that far not only in society but as an intelligent species as well?

no, it can't be explained by science and it was NOT a coincidence. i'll explain it to you at the gym if you're interested.

and this isn't me looking for some higher power to justify something. this was a smack in the face to straighten out and become a better person.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no, it can't be explained by science and it was NOT a coincidence. i'll explain it to you at the gym if you're interested.

and this isn't me looking for some higher power to justify something. this was a smack in the face to straighten out and become a better person.

I see, ok, I will talk about it with you tomorrow. :tiphat:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:borat:

Great success.

I know I've mentioned it before but when I can get my old HD in order I will post the final "ULTIMATE MONTAGE"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
even though personally i view the bible more as you and guys like IS do, i still respect it and the people who study it and use it to help themselves lead a better life. i know the counterpoint IS uses is that religion has done far more evil than it has good, and i agree, but i just don't like how the atheists will belittle or down talk the religious ones on here.

My real problem is fundamentalist conformation to a religion and following all of its absurd doctrine. Thinking "something is out there"? Cool... thinking Jesus was dead for 3 days in a cave and came back to life? no...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Before the knowledge about the universe; God did it. Before the knowledge of DNA; God did it. Before the knowledge of gravity; God did it. etc etc etc etc.

Duality said:
Seminary school. Bible college. I know that there are university degrees in theology. I did study as part of private school and holy communion.

My comment is that it is blind faith due to a lack of understanding. Several comments have been made stating "Science cannot explain X" when the reality is that science has explained this, just they are unaware of it. So this not explaining X means that God did it. That is the realm of the small minded and will drag us back like crabs in a bucket. You can have faith in God without this small mindedness. In fact as far as I understand the theology degrees go into the scriptures in great detail to relate the underlying message not just blind faith. Hell they get mathematicians to study the Koran and Tanakh due to the complexity and numerology present.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Before the knowledge about the universe; God did it. Before the knowledge of DNA; God did it. Before the knowledge of gravity; God did it. etc etc etc etc.

Seminary school. Bible college. I know that there are university degrees in theology. I did study as part of private school and holy communion.

My comment is that it is blind faith due to a lack of understanding. Several comments have been made stating "Science cannot explain X" when the reality is that science has explained this, just they are unaware of it. So this not explaining X means that God did it. That is the realm of the small minded and will drag us back like crabs in a bucket. You can have faith in God without this small mindedness. In fact as far as I understand the theology degrees go into the scriptures in great detail to relate the underlying message not just blind faith. Hell they get mathematicians to study the Koran and Tanakh due to the complexity and numerology present.

i fully agree with this as well as IS's post. i don't think any rational religious person would really disagree with what you two have said in regards to science here and how religion should apply.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave's top 10 greatest athletes ever.Great job from IS:thumbsup2: