• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Top pros predict who will win the 2009 Ironman Pro

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
daveopener.jpg

The first pro show of the new season is nearly upon us with the 2009 Ironman Pro set to go off on Saturday, January 24. We’ve given you a week of previews, reviews, analysis and updates leading up to that fateful moment. Now, see what the top pros have to say about who will win and why.

5655.jpg

MELVIN ANTHONY, 2008 ATLANTIC CITY CHAMPION
The Winner:
Marcus Haley
Top Contenders: Johnnie Jackson, Silvio Samuel, Moe El Moussawi, Hidetada Yamagishi
Melvin says: “My cousin Marcus Haley can win it because condition isn’t a weak point and he’s made a lot of improvements since last year. That being said, any of these guys can win it because they’re all champions.”

5656.jpg

GUSTAVO BADELL, 2005 IRONMAN PRO CHAMPION
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Ronny Rockel, Marcus Haley, Moe El Moussawi, Ahmad Haidar
Gustavo says: “Ronny Rockel might win the show if he brings better condition, but I have to go with Silvio. He has plastic skin with striations all over.”

5659.jpg

CHRIS CORMIER, 4 TIME IRONMAN PRO CHAMPION, 1999-2002
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Johnnie Jackson, Moe El Moussawi, Ronny Rockel, Troy Alves
Chris says: “Silvio has the home court advantage and that does make a big difference. Johnnie Jackson has the muscle; he just needs to keep it tight.”

5657.jpg

JAY CUTLER, 2 TIME MR. OLYMPIA, 2006-2007
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Mark Dugdale, Johnnie Jackson, Moe El Moussawi, Marcus Haley
Jay says: “Silvio is the favorite because he’s always in shape. Mark Dugdale is up there too because of his condition and Johnnie Jackson for his mass.”

5658.jpg

TONEY FREEMAN, 2008 EUROPA SUPER SHOW CHAMPION
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Marcus Haley, Moe El Moussawi, Johnnie Jackson, Troy Alves
Toney says: “Johnnie Jackson just had a baby so I’d like to see him take home that first place trophy and check. It’s gonna be a real tough battle for top 5. Whoever nails it at prejudging will win the show.”

5660.jpg

PHIL HEATH, 2008 IRONMAN PRO CHAMPION
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Mark Dugdale, Johnnie Jackson, Moe El Moussawi, Marcus Haley
Phil says: “Dugdale nearly won this show in 2007. If he goes back to the basics and brings the condition, he’ll be a real threat. We haven’t seen Ahmad Haidar in a long time so he could be the X-factor.”

5661.jpg

DEXTER JACKSON, 2009 MR. OLYMPIA
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Marcus Haley, Moe El Moussawi, Ronny Rockel, Hidetada Yamagishi
Dexter says: “If Marcus can hold his diet down all the way to the end, he will do well. But Silvio has a little too much firepower for anyone in this lineup to overtake him.”

5662.jpg

DENNIS JAMES, 2008 MR. OLYMPIA, 8th place
The Winner:
Silvio Samuel
Top Contenders: Moe El Moussawi, Ronny Rockel, Marcus Haley, Hidetada Yamagishi
Dennis says: “Moe will be just as hard as Silvio so he’ll give him a good fight. Martin Kjellstrom will dwarf everyone with his freaky size and condition.”

from flexonline

if you want to post your picks for the show go here http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/your-predictions-ironman-pro-2009-41813.html

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like we've got the winner!!! :bitelip: I'd also go with Silvio

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like to see someone else taking this show rather than Silvio.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ family love i guess...Silvio FTW :headbang:

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I give my support to Dugdale. Go Mark!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my dog Moe...silvio is very popular and may take it.. but from the pics we have seen of Moe it seems that he has put a lot of size on and his conditioning is looking crazier than ever especially considering they were from 4 weeks out....