• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can he recover?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chris Cormier...

Will he ever compete again? And even if he does..would he be able to place?

Discuss.

Attachments

• CCormier.jpg
    CCormier.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 177
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Right tricep looks fucked up. Legs seem really small... IMO he can't reclaim his previous form.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He shouldn't ever again and if he does I can't see him place high again.

Should be remembered as a great bodybuilder.

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Be proud of what you've accomplished, and know where you're going in the future. On stage is not where he should be going.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He should only come back if he can be better than before if not he should stay away so he will be remembered as a great bodybuilder. Its gonna be very hard for him so I doubt it.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He SHOULD NOT come back.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
NO!... only if he wants to do it just for fun...

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMO he should not compete again. Why? Because his tricep is fucked up and that is a fact. It will never be the same again and that's a shame.

If only his tricep would be better he could easily compete again and win some shows. Everything else looks good.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Heh, don't mind me, I just think it's funny because, if this were Ronnie, the consensus would be quite different.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO.....maybe just some guestposing

EDIT: just for Line....i wish ronnie would compete again lulz :keke:

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Recover from what?The triceps injury?
More likely Ronnie will come back in his 1999 shape...

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
If he loves what he is doing, then why not? only for an injured tricep? Dorian competed for some years with a bicep and tricep injuries and still won, the same for Cormier, he can still do well if he comes in shape/condition imo.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heh, don't mind me, I just think it's funny because, if this were Ronnie, the consensus would be quite different.

I though on that, Line, but this is not the same.

1st: Ronnie placed in the top 6 at his last Olympia. Ok, maybe it was some kind of a gift, but he should place in the top 10 in any contest, easily. Cormier not.

2nd: Ronnie's tricep is not as worn as Cormier's.

3rd: Come on, we love Chris but watching Ronnie onstage again, even lightyears behind his best would always be Ronnie Coleman onstage.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been saying the same thing for years and years. He should have retired a long time ago. There is no chance of him ever improving or achieving the same results as when he was at his peak. It's time to go Chris.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
1st: Ronnie placed in the top 6 at his last Olympia. Ok, maybe it was some kind of a gift, but he should place in the top 10 in any contest, easily. Cormier not.
This has less to do with their injuries and more to do with their abilities to get in shape. It's also a testament to how differently they're built. Ronnie can make up for aesthetic deficiencies by way of mass and his ability to get ripped; his shortcomings as of late have been his asymmetry issues. Likewise, Cormier suffers wounds but does not have those extra variables to put him over the top. He's made his living on being incredibly balanced at a respectable size. All of this aside, judging isn't what it was during Ronnie's reign. Even at the Olympia this past year the panel of officials took a large step in the right direction and, suddenly, his trademark mass is no longer that beneficial. Not to mention how he failed to dry out for prejudging during the last two O's, a problem he rarely ever faced in the past. Has he missed his peak before? Sure, but carrying excess fat and water was never a problem during his run and now, considering his age, it doesn't appear to be as easy for him to get rid.
mvsf1 said:
2nd: Ronnie's tricep is not as worn as Cormier's.
Possibly, but Ronnie also has his back and quad to worry about.
mvsf1 said:
3rd: Come on, we love Chris but watching Ronnie onstage again, even lightyears behind his best would always be Ronnie Coleman onstage.
Who cares? I've said this before, this isn't a band you love touring one more time, this is a human being, an injured one at that, putting incredible stressors on his body in order to what? Please fans. He can contribute so much more to the sport by staying off the stage. He still guest poses, I don't see why this isn't enough, especially considering he has absolutely nothing to prove at this point.

T

tenglish13040

Why can't he just compete for the love of the sport?

Shadow

Shadow

But what would Chris do post bodybuilding - will he be able to support himself? Has he got any qualifications other than BB?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ like any ifbb pro...personal training!

H

Hane

It's like some of you say. You do something cause you love it!
Sure hes not where he have been before so maybe he can go on a side track.