Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Personal Trainer

Hey boys & girls!

When I joined these boards It was from a interest in the art of Bodybuilding and Personal Training.
    Since some time back I made a promise to step up on a stage infront of a crowd.
    I've also developed a dream to become a personal trainer, hopefully I can afford the education within 8 months and then find a suitable job.

Are there any authorised personal trainer over here at the MM boards?
    If there are, I would appreciate any respond and tips.
    I also want to point out those who have bought a personal trainer to help you with your goals.

As now my goal is to enter Fitness Festivalen in Sweden dec -09.
    However only time will tell where I will stand once Im there.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation BigBen's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

ACE is a widely accepted PT cert.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I don't hold PT certs in high regard. It is how well you educate yourself and continue to do so over your career that counts. National St and Cond Soc has one that is recognised internationally, it wouldn't be a bad start.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks for the on those schools.

Oh and tim, I totally agree with you how well educated yourself is means alot and not just the cert.
    I believe to get a better chance on my journey I need to start to get a cert meanwhile I can do some PT on my own with some friends for the experience.

I forgot to tell you but the schools Im looking at the moment is PT-School and S.A.F.E. here in Sweden If anyone know of any more up here I would appreciate if you can write it down

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation BigBen's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

just do a google search or go to a gym and ask the Personal trainers their what they have and what options you have.

Member bodybuilding reputation Papa G's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    I don't hold PT certs in high regard. It is how well you educate yourself and continue to do so over your career that counts. National St and Cond Soc has one that is recognised internationally, it wouldn't be a bad start.
    I agree in part here.. I'm certified through ACE but I thought the test was easy and anyone who bought the book and studied could pass it. I graduate in may with a degree in exercise physiology and I think Personal Training is just another one of those jobs where just because someone is book smart, it does not mean they will be good at it. I spent a month at the Athlete's Performance institute in the Home Depot Center, LA - and I never in my 5 years of college learned so much.

Make it your life.. research, study, practice... you will feel VERY confident about it when things start to make sense!

Good luck with everything man!

Live for something ... or die for nothing! WE ARE LIONS!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The Creator's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Well put papa G! As far as certs go, they will be your credentials in getting hired. ACE is widely accepted but known as a basic cert, I am have this cert. NASM is getting more and more attention and works more with muscle imbalances and core focus, I have this cert too. ACSM is probably the most widely accepted and the study is pretty rigorous. I will get this cert this semester. CSCS is also a well accepted one.

Like Tim said, you learn more on your own through independent focus, but you will have trouble convincing a fitness director of this during an interview. The BS and MS initials are obviously the best to have but after that I would make your first focus ACSM or if you need to brush up on some basics start with ACE, after all it is a pretty cheap cert.

TEAM bodybuilding.com Athlete
    Axis Labs Athlete
    MP National competitor

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Im glad for all the posters in this discussion. I cant agree more on the focus, in my mind I can learn more and also go deeper in the information by myself. But at the interview they'd like to see some qualifications so here I am, aiming for a cert in PT.

Only thing that sucks atm is that my job had to cut down alot on their employees

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions