• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Two years in prison for advertising roids in bodybuilding magazines

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Daniel McGlone was sentenced to two years in prison for advertising, marketing, and promoting American Pharmaceutical Group (AMG) as a source for anabolic steroids and human growth hormone in bodybuilding magazines and through the Internet website PrescriptionProtocol.com. Daniel McGlone aka American Pharmaceutical Group paid $18,150 to American Media Inc. (AMI) for magazine advertisements over about an 18-month period; AMI publishes the bodybuilding magazines FLEX Magazine, Muscle & Fitness and Men’s Fitness. AMG also paid for $1,800 for advertisements in the bodybuilding magazine Planet Muscle for a couple of months.

The American Pharmaceutical Group made $860,810 over a twenty-eight month period in proceeds from anabolic steroid and HGH sales to individual customers and referral bonuses from compounding pharmacies such as Signature Pharmacy. Customers responding to ads in bodybuilding magazines and on the Internet were prescribed various anabolic steroids, human growth hormone and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Specific drugs included testosterone, testosterone cypionate, testosterone propionate, testosterone enanthate, stanozolol, nandrolone decanoate, and somatropin (”Steroid seller given two-year term,” January 17).

“You are a drug dealer,” U.S. District Judge William E. Smith said. “To call it something else is just to gloss it over.” [...]

Prosecutors say McGlone made more than $860,000 from steroid and HGH sales arranged from 2003 to 2006 through American Pharmaceutical Group, a business he operated from his New Brunswick, N.J., home.

Under the scheme, he would solicit prescriptions from doctors, including two sentenced in 2007 for their roles. One, Ana Maria Santi, of Queens, N.Y., had prescribed 84,000 doses of steroids and HGH to 400 customers of pharmaceutical sales companies, including McGlone’s, prosecutors said. McGlone would then forward those prescriptions to compounding pharmacies, which would deliver the drugs to customers throughout the country, including Rhode Island.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its funny, you need a prescription for steroids
but your never more than a 20metres away from a pack of cigarettes

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The judge was right though. He is essentially a drug dealer. At least he was doing it in a manner that was good for the customer. The illegality is only down to the prescription as far as I can see. Aside from that he would only essentially be the courier for the pharmacy.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Thank you judicial system, I will sleep soundly tonight knowing this dangerous person is behind bars and can't hurt me.

Last edited by a moderator: